Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you figure out how this crash occured?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Bond-007 wrote: »
    That's what happens when you disrupt the space-time continuum.

Car B didn't reach the required 88 miles an hour to activate the flux capacitor in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Liking some of the answers :pac:

Having talked to others, I'm fairly sure that newcarneeded's explanation is about as close/plausible as we could come up;

Silver car enters the roundabout from eastern road (Stocking Avenue), with the intention of drifting around it a few times before speeding off.

The blue car begins to enter from the northern road (Killakee Rd), not expecting the silver car to be flying around the roundabout going 180 degrees.

The silver car is going at least 60km/h, turns a hard left in attempt to avoid, the blue car turns a hard left too. They hit, the blue car spins 90 degrees counterclockwise. The silver car slams the accelerator by accident, spins slightly counterclockwise, attempts to correct and ends up spinning 180 degrees clockwise and sliding into the wall.

There were no tyre marks on the road, only on the grass and path, showing that he spun completely after he mounted the kerb.

I still have trouble visualising it. It would make more sense if one of them had tried going the wrong way around the roundabout.
    noblestee wrote: »
    ha, i cycled past this tonight at about eight, and there were about 20 more cars and twice as many ****ing eedjits standing around chatting about it.
    Yeah, so many people turned up in about five minutes. I'd say both drivers were local.
    Why was the fire brigade on scene for what looks like a minor TA or did they cause the whole thing?
    I have no idea. The fire brigade and an ambulance turned up about five minutes after it occured. They did their stuff, stood around for about ten minutes, then left. Half an hour later, the Gardai arrived.

I'm 90% sure the blue car wasn't a boy racer - literally two minutes after the crash, a guy turned up who I'm assuming was the boyfriend of a female passenger in the blue car, and was ready to start knocking heads off the scumbags. He was calmed down, but then the driver of the blue car started shouting stuff at the scumbags...

Jumbo bag of jelly babies on its way to Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Exactly* as I said (more concisely).

Fizzy cola bottles preferred.:D
    seamus wrote: »
    Liking some of the answers :pac:
    Silver car enters the roundabout from eastern road (Stocking Avenue), with the intention of drifting around it a few times before speeding off.

The blue car begins to enter from the northern road (Killakee Rd), not expecting the silver car to be flying around the roundabout going 180 degrees.

The silver car is going at least 60km/h, turns a hard left in attempt to avoid, the blue car turns a hard left too. They hit, the blue car spins 90 degrees counterclockwise. The silver car slams the accelerator by accident, spins slightly counterclockwise, attempts to correct and ends up spinning 180 degrees clockwise and sliding into the wall.

There were no tyre marks on the road, only on the grass and path, showing that he spun completely after he mounted the kerb.
    Jumbo bag of jelly babies on its way to Joe Duffy.

*Exactness - highly overated subjective concept, not to be relied upon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

seamus wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the sliver car is?

Looks to me like it's a small FWD hatch, not exactly capable of much in the line of roundabout drifting.
    Fair enough with a Skyline or a BM, doesn't exactly work with a FWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

silver car is a Civic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

SteveC wrote: »
    Looks to me like it's a small FWD hatch, not exactly capable of much in the line of roundabout drifting.
    Does the boy racer demographic appreciate this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Victor wrote: »
    Does the boy racer demographic appreciate this?

Maybe that's the cause of the crash then.

FWD ricerocket + watching Tokyo drift too many times = understeer problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Hey Seamus!! Whats it like to live in Dublin 24? :pac::pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

colm_mcm wrote: »
    silver car is a Civic
    not much of a drifter if it is then:p
    fwds cant drift imo id say e just tried to drive around the roundabout to fast and collied wit the other car

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Mutz wrote: »
    Hey Seamus!! Whats it like to live in Dublin 24? :pac::pac: :D
    Lovin it, thanks. Delighted I didn't pay an extra €100k for a place that's in Knocklyon, but isn't really... :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement