Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a motherboard to replace a 680i

Options
  • 01-08-2008 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I think I fried my nVidia 680i, so I'm looking for a replacement. Don't want to get an nvidia one though. What's the best non-nvidia replacement? I suppose I'm looking for the closest thing to a 680i.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

After being through a few intel boards myself in 2 yrs, Dfi > Abit > Asus, i can recommend Asus as the best of the lot at the moment. I've overclocked all of them to the max and never had to clear cmos or got a failed oc with the Asus where the others had serious issues. I'd opt for a Maximus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I didn't even fry it from overclocking. I heard some fan inside starting to speed up, but didn't think much of it when it slowed down again. It did this a few more times and then turned itself off. I haven't been able to switch it on since. It will only come on for a second.

I thought it was the PSU, as I've been having doubts about it lately, but I tested the PSU with my little device and it seems ok. Everything else seems fine too - no dust, and no reason why it should overheat. It just happened randomly in the middle of browsing the web!

Perhaps the PSU acted up momentarily... long enough to ruin the board.

Advertisement