Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solicitor

Options
  • 01-08-2008 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

had a accident in work over 4 months ago (paddys weekend). doing nerve damage and muscles. boss hasn't been nice to me since it happened. this week i had enough with him. so i went to see a solicitor today. told her about the accident etc. i think i'v done the right thing

she is going to send to letter to the boss and getting a survery sent out to the work place. haven't told the boss that i went to see one today.

can he sack me for not saying any thing to him. keep in mind never g have the got any sick pay. the lads that that the place leased never rang our called to see how i was. boss only rang twice to see how i was. have been off work since.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Under the unfair dismissal act section 6 and i think paragraph (c), it would automatically be an unfair dismissal if he sacked you because you were bringing legal action.

I don't like the fact that you say, you have had a enough of him. It's not personal, he has insurance. You should have got compo anyway, 4 months and you get annoyed after a week, there's a virtue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

at this stage you need to ask your solicitor for further advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

at this stage you need to ask your solicitor for further advice.

Also check out injurysboard.ie (PIAB).

Ref direct link below which will bring you stepwise through the process:

http://www.injuriesboard.ie/eng/Making_a_Claim/Making_a_Claim.html#accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

''getting a survery sent out to the work place'' - What's this about????????????????

Common mistake by employers is to bury their heads in the sand regading workplace injuries/accidents. If they actively managed the situation or treated injured party as a human being they could avoid claims issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

don't know way she was sending out a survery to the work place.

since the manager got the letter from the solicitor he's only letmy mother work once. she only works there on sat nights taking in the money from the people entering the disco. has he got the right to do that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

If you're paying a soliitor I think it'd be better to ask her/him as he/she know the details of the case.

You can't give legal advice on boards.

solicitor was into work talking to the boss. when they were finished he told all the staff what is going on and what its about. he also found out i was looking for a job. he was saying that it is going in there favour. he also said to them my life would be hell if i lift. was told by one of the girls.

what do u think of this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

If you are unable to work why are you looking for other jobs?

well i'v got the all clear from the doctor. i know i shoudn't be looking for a job because the hand is still sore

Advertisement