Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're all doooooooooomed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

you are blowing my mind.

In the way you are over your head with the powers of being an AH mod is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

you are blowing my mind.
    We will not be extending the attention, don't get your hopes up ... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

hell of an opinion for someone with only 2 posts.

So because he/she has 2 posts it means their opinion is less than someone with 10,00o posts? oh you are going to be a great mod! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

electric69 wrote: »
    So because he/she has 2 posts it means their opinion is less than someone with 10,00o posts? oh you are going to be a great mod! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well it's a bit of a red flag to any good mod when someone with a very low post count comes on and makes a remark like that. It makes them seem like a possible rereg maybe with a grudge or something.

Sign of a quality mod tbh. All hail the benevolent Mord, a man of honour through and through.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

javaboy wrote: »
    Well it's a bit of a red flag to any good mod when someone with a very low post count comes on and makes a remark like that. It makes them seem like a possible rereg maybe with a grudge or something.

Sign of a quality mod tbh. All hail the benevolent Mord, a man of honour through and through.

Here is the quote from the person with 2 posts, just incase u misread it
    Why are there two threads on this?

Does anyone care?

And in the case that you did read it correctly and that was your response: what a load of BS!!

The sign on a good mod is someone who judges a person over a period of time based on their behaviour and attitude towards other users. A mod who judges someone on a single post is the worst kind.Someone who tries to defend them just because they are sticking with their buddy when it is quite clear that their comment was inappropiate considering they know nothing about the poster is almost just as bad. Does this mean that every time someone makes a valid statement (it is unnecessary to have 2 topics about the change) they get put down because they have less posts?

Oh to teh interweb and power trips:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    Especially with a nick like Phoenix Rising ... in mythology, the phoenix dies in flames and rises anew from the ashes.
    The sign on a good mod is someone who judges a person over a period of time based on their behaviour and attitude towards other users ...
    You're right in general, but you're missing the point in this case.
    Does this mean that every time someone makes a valid statement (it is unnecessary to have 2 topics about the change) they get put down because they have less posts?
    Is back-seat modding a valid statement now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*puts electric69 on the list*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

The sign on a good mod is someone who judges a person over a period of time based on their behaviour and attitude towards other users. A mod who judges someone on a single post is the worst kind.Someone who tries to defend them just because they are sticking with their buddy when it is quite clear that their comment was inappropiate considering they know nothing about the poster is almost just as bad. Does this mean that every time someone makes a valid statement (it is unnecessary to have 2 topics about the change) they get put down because they have less posts?

Really? Damn it then, /me slinks off back to mod training :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

And in the case that you did read it correctly and that was your response: what a load of BS!!

I did read it correctly. It seemed to be a very odd second post to me if the user had never posted on boards.ie before. And as randylonghorn pointed out, Mord even used mythology in helping to form his opinion. Poster still looks like a rereg to me but I could be wrong.
    The sign on a good mod is someone who judges a person over a period of time based on their behaviour and attitude towards other users. A mod who judges someone on a single post is the worst kind.

Sometimes that's all they have to go on.
    Someone who tries to defend them just because they are sticking with their buddy when it is quite clear that their comment was inappropiate considering they know nothing about the poster is almost just as bad. Does this mean that every time someone makes a valid statement (it is unnecessary to have 2 topics about the change) they get put down because they have less posts?

Who said Mord was my buddy? I don't know him really. I would have thought all the "hail benevolent Mord" stuff would have given you a clue that nobody takes this stuff seriously. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Expect lots more legalise drugs threads now... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Mother of jaysus.

No thread like we usually get from WhiteWashMan to make suggestions for a new Mod? :rolleyes:

Bring back the Dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

All hail the Benevolent Mord, or Princess Innocent Knickers...... May your time here be full of challenges and nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Oh STFU.
    There are two threads because I didn't see the Dudess one and because there is always a thread to welcome new mods.

Oh to the internet and people who whine about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Mord a mod of AH?? Jayzus it's like being in bizzaro world or something. Next you'll tell me Monkeyfudge hates primates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

MAnBoobs.jpg

Some things should be just banned from the internet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Some things should be just banned from the internet :mad:
    I think you'll find they were.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wonder what he got banned for. Poor little feller.
    He just a boy.

I wonder what he got banned for. Poor little feller.
    He just a boy.
    Young and sweet, only seventeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

17?
    That's not even jailbait anymore.
    Dang.
    /rereg
    /leaving cert forum
    /fap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Sherifu wrote: »
    He is a hippy but he's our hippy.

Quit trying to share our hippy!

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Quit trying to share our hippy!
    It's the hippy way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I demand a recount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

One thread is the "bye bye Dudess" one, the other thread is the "welcome Mordeth" one. Yes, one thread could cover both, but the title of the first one is a bit ambiguous so it could easily have slipped a moderator's notice. Perhaps request a moderator to merge them?
    I can also understand why Phoenix Rising got the "only two posts" response because it's unlikely a first-time user would notice stuff like that.
    And no doubt Phoenix Rising meant it in an antagonistic "stop licking up to mods" way. Some people get bothered about that kind of thing - what they perceive as lickarsery of mods round here. The "lickarsery" is usually just friendly banter from people who are members a fair while and have built up something of a relationship with other users and the moderators, and also may have met them - this then comes across to some people as cliqueyness etc. I wouldn't take it so seriously though - tis only the interweb.
    And the "mod clique", I can confidently assure you, does not exist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Dudess wrote: »
    And the "mod clique", I can confidently assure you, does not exist!

ah pull the other one

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In the same vein of this appointment, ntlbell for AH mod ftw!!!

5starpool wrote: »
    In the same vein of this appointment, ntlbell for AH mod ftw!!!

yes it is a rather contraversial appointment

i don't think it takes much brains to realise "phoneix rising" may be a re-reg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tigger wrote: »
    ah pull the other one
    Yes, the moderators' fora are just one big love-in - never any differences of opinion there whatsoever... (LOL)

Moderators have to present a united front to some degree - it's gonna look kinda iffy if they're singing off completely different hymn sheets. But that doesn't mean there's a "mod clique".

And to those who think Mordeth (or whatever the **** he's called now - will you just pick a name and sit on it?! :p) being "appointed" AH moderator is strange or unfair because he's been known for messing and was banned from AH... this forum is a different beast to most fora. Most people who post to AH are great, but unfortunately, muppets are drawn here like flies to **** and the best person to deal with that is someone with a don't-give-a-**** attitude, rather than someone who might get riled up by them (ahem... :o), which Mordeth has in abundance - probably from all the doob but a useless stoner has to have some function in life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Post reported.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Oh FFS! :rolleyes: :D

Advertisement