Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.boards.ie not working

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well since your posting... then yes, it works fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sully wrote: »
    Well since your posting... then yes, it works fine!

I'm using the http://boards.ie URL - http://www.boards.ie won't work, that's my point.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

All's fine here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Works fine for me on IE7/XP/NTL BB

What browser are you using?

Hmm weird. I'm using FF 3.0.1 on a Mac. It was fine earlier at the office but is acting funnily at home now - hence I'm suspecting NTL are doing funny things.

Any other NTL people in Galway care to try this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It never works for me at around 4am.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

http://mordeth.boards.ie isn't working either :-\

I've just tried it in Safari and I'm having the same problem there. So its not a browser issue. Also tried clearing my cookies and cache, no luck there either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

creggy wrote: »
    It never works for me at around 4am.

:(
    That's the backup that kicks off every night. Although it's around 3ish now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

That's the backup that kicks off every night. Although it's around 3ish now.
    It's been happening around 3ish ever since CuLT fixed the time drift thingy and set it for 4am on the button...:pac:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055342817

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote: »
    Hmm weird. I'm using FF 3.0.1 on a Mac. It was fine earlier at the office but is acting funnily at home now - hence I'm suspecting NTL are doing funny things.

Any other NTL people in Galway care to try this?

Does a mac have an equivalent of tracert or dos ping so you can rule out browser issues?
    works for me with or without www.

Traceroute and ping to "www.boards.ie" timed out. Traceroute and ping to "boards.ie" are both successful.

Traceroute and ping to "www.boards.ie" timed out. Traceroute and ping to "boards.ie" are both successful.
    Wierd - is it only boards?

*Not saying I know what to do next, my nerd powers ran out 2 posts ago :D
    If you can narrow the problem down as far as possible it helps though.

SteveC wrote: »
    Wierd - is it only boards?

*Not saying I know what to do next, my nerd powers ran out 2 posts ago :D
    If you can narrow the problem down as far as possible it helps though.

Yep, haven't noticed problems with other sites. boards is really slow too for some reason.

I choose to blame my sh*tty ISP - NTL!

Boards was slow for me for a while but it's grand now.

Boards is OK speed for me tonight - it has been slow in the past at times though.

I have found on occasion that ntlworld seems not to talk to digiweb on occasion - it happened last week where I couldn't access anything hosted via digiweb including boards, my office emails and work server access - I could however get in using vodafone/mobile/usb though.

Ok, weird. Everything's ok now, speed is back to normal and www.boards.ie is working again. Happy days :pac:

Great, that'll be €243.40 +VAT kthxbye
    glad to be of service.

SteveC wrote: »
    Great, that'll be €243.40 +VAT kthxbye
    glad to be of service.

Have a "Thanks" instead :p

Sorry, cash only...:p

/gives back thanks

Buy me a pint if we ever meet at a beers then...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I've just tried it in Safari and I'm having the same problem there. So its not a browser issue. Also tried clearing my cookies and cache, no luck there either.

:rolleyes:
    WiFi on Safari?
    Don't make me laugh.
    You can barely get it in Clarinbridge mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

:rolleyes:
    WiFi on Safari?
    Don't make me laugh.
    You can barely get it in Clarinbridge mate.

I hope you're trying to be funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Using Cloud skin, none of the buttons are appearing. Not even the little red 'x'.

Boards is sick :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Same here. None of the links/ buttons have their usual images - they're all in text format.
    usb_panic_1.png

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Cloud skin here and everything's working fine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

dregin wrote: »
    Cloud skin here and everything's working fine.
    Scratch that - just did a forced refresh for the laugh and it's all gone to hell \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Weird alright. Im able to post but the pages arent loading fully. All the reply tabs, report posts, smilies,icons etc are there with text only. Using FF 3.0.1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hermy wrote: »
    Same here. None of the links/ buttons have their usual images - they're all in text format.
    usb_panic_1.png
    Having same problem as Hermy. Running FF 3.0 and have tried IE7.0 with the same result. Pages only partially loading, with buttons appearing in text or not a all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

static.boards.ie seems to be down, which seems to be where vB pulls the images from, if you strip "static" from the image url's, it works, but you'd have to throw together a greasemonkey script for it to do it in bulk and not have any effort on your part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,707 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Having same problem as Hermy. Running FF 3.0 and have tried IE7.0 with the same result. Pages only partially loading, with buttons appearing in text or not a all.

+1 except running on firefox 2.0.0.16

Advertisement