Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.boards.ie not working

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Same issues for me too. Using Firefox 3.0.1 and IE7 on an imagine connection currently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

AdMMM wrote: »
    static.boards.ie seems to be down,
    Indeed! The bottom of my page right now states "Connecting to static.boards.ie..."; now has shifted to "Connected to static.boards.ie..." but is not loading the buttons, only text for buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mobile skin is working fine - it has no images.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Boards was slow for me for a while but it's grand now.
    Victor wrote: »
    Mobile skin is working fine - it has no images.

Good thinking there batman.

*Goes mobile*

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It started doing it after the 4 a.m. back-up last night* (or maybe after the 3 a.m. "false" back-up we've been having for last few days, but around then anyway). Seems fine again now.

* Saturday night / Sunday morning

Ah!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

cornbb wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/ (or http://anything.boards.ie/) won't bring me to the site but http://boards.ie/ will. This seems odd. downforeveryoneorjustme.com reports that www.boards.ie should work fine. Is it just me? I'm an NTL customer, in case that matters.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My friend had a nasty habbit of editing a file so that I couldn't go to boards. Grr. Doubt this was similar of course, just mentioning a good prank to pull. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

hehe, that's a great prank to pull actually... Can't believe I haven't edited the hosts file for anybody in work yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

He set it up so he just put in a usb stick and pulled it out and the damage was done. Nice.
    He also liked hacking the wireless and redirecting me to other sites. :-D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Seems OK now. Thanks to whomever fixed it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

I still can't see any of the drop down menus at the top of the pages on any of the boards.Anyone have this problem or at leasy know how to fix it???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

sunnyse wrote: »
    I still can't see any of the drop down menus at the top of the pages on any of the boards.Anyone have this problem or at leasy know how to fix it???

As the original problem has been fixed it seems that you have a unique problem. What have you tried doing? What browser are you using? What skin are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

Ponster wrote: »
    As the original problem has been fixed it seems that you have a unique problem. What have you tried doing? What browser are you using? What skin are you using?

My problem seems to have resolved itself too, everything seems to be working fine now.
    Cheers.

Advertisement