Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kid rock , number 1 in ireland

Options
  • 01-08-2008 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭

i heard it on the radio today that kid rock is at number one with ALL SUMMER LONG
    it is actually distressing to me that my fellow countrymen and women would actually send what is possibly the worst song ever to be inflicted on the ears of the listening public to the top of the charts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

FWIW I don't think the singles charts mean shyte anymore. Or maybe they never did. But I agree with you that that song sucks balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

came across this on another site and it pretty much sums the whole thing up

When you consider what this is trying to do, what lowest common denominator it's aiming to please ... it's pure genius. Kid touches all the nostalgic summer anthem bases: getting stoned, dancin', fishin' and ****in'. No interweb, but hey, those were different times, right?

A guaranteed hit. Never, ever, underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

I predicted Kid Rock would break through here years back but gave up when his Cocky album came out.
    Got his new album a few months back - it's straight up rock instead of his usual rap.
    Would rather see him at number 1 than the usual pop rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

irish_bob wrote: »
    Never, ever, underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

+1

a fact of life

Nolanger wrote: »
    I predicted Kid Rock would break through here years back but gave up when his Cocky album came out.
    Got his new album a few months back - it's straight up rock instead of his usual rap.

id have more respect for dj otise with hey baby than the garbage that is kid rock and all summer long

the guy is a bigger phoney than puff daddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

How to spectacularly fcuk up two classic songs and make something sound like less than the sum of its parts. He should be flogged for inflicting that sh1te on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The people of this country ensured Crazy Frog got to number 1 so anything is possible unfortunately.

Irish charts = lost cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

'tis truly hard to sit back and watch the ears of classic rock lovers blister over poor Kid Rock. I mean with Skynard that song was in safe frigging hands.
    I know that it is pretty awful.
    But I really couldnt believe it was Kid Rock until I saw the hilarious video.
    I got that Devil Without a Cause album he had out there a while back.
    Starts out with "Bawitdaba" and I was interested but pissed off that it didnt sound as raw as it did live.
    Then got into cowboy cos it's a strange take on a rap jaunt into country music. Then I couldnt believe that Eminem was recorded in "Fcuk off" but even with that the dude is just a pamela humpin' wannabe with crap hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

The people of this country ensured Crazy Frog got to number 1 so anything is possible unfortunately.

Irish charts = lost cause

+1. I never pay any attention to the charts at all. I hate that frog :mad:

The funny thing with this Kid Rock song is I almost wish he didn't namecheck Sweet Home Alabama in the song at all because then I could whinge about it being an out and out rip-off. But since he litters the lyrics with references to it, he's technically paying homage. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Nolanger wrote: »
    it's straight up rock instead of his usual rap.

I agree. He's had a few very good songs.
    the guy is a bigger phoney than puff daddy

Possibly one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read!! Ta, gave me a giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I quite like the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the guy can't write a song for himself.

his two biggest hits have used other songs as a big base.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

My God, we let this happen. We stood by. We're responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And there was me thinking 'Sweet Home Alabama' couldn't possibly be made any worse...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Forget Sweet Home Alabama: using elements of Werewolves of London by the late, great Warren Zevon is the worse crime.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Turnip2000 wrote: »
    I agree. He's had a few very good songs.

Possibly one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read!! Ta, gave me a giggle.

so you think both kid rock and p diddy are true originals then

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Turnip2000 wrote: »

Bit of an over exaggeration or maybe you don't read much?

I think what he meant was that P Diddy rips of songs and makes crap out of them as does Kid Rock but to a greater extend in their opinion.

Rid Kock - meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Forget Sweet Home Alabama: using elements of Werewolves of London by the late, great Warren Zevon is the worse crime.

Right on, Werewolves is a true classic, Kid Rock sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i heard it on the radio today that kid rock is at number one with ALL SUMMER LONG
    it is actually distressing to me that my fellow countrymen and women would actually send what is possibly the worst song ever to be inflicted on the ears of the listening public to the top of the charts

n o1 on the radio means nothing. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have not had the pleasure of hearing this song. A combination of the iPod and Virgin Classic Rock FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I've defended this song elsewhere as I do quite like it (and I'd be a far bigger fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Warren Zevon than I would of Kid Rock). It's no classic, but it's better than 99.9% of the "music" played on the radio these days. And the guy has recorded with Skynyrd, so they must have some appreciation for him. There are far greater crimes against humanity masquerading as music out there (some have already been mentioned in this thread!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It isn't my cup of tea at all but it's no worse than a lot of what's got to No. 1 in the Irish charts. Is it any worse than the Jumbo Breakfast Roll? Or Westlife's latest karaoke effort? Or all that tuneless R'n'B shyte ? Most of the kids who're buying/downloading this probably won't have heard the originals anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It's also better than that chick who kissed a girl and liked it.
    I dont care what you like you stupid lipstick lesbian teen moron, go and dry hump a Tatu girl.

its the whole package that stinks , the song ticks every box in terms of what young carefree people like to do in the summer
    drinking , getting stoned and screwing
    it brings new meaning to the term naff and cliche and is sung by possibly the biggest phoney in music who while pretending to be badass and being trailer trash is actually from a solid middle class backround
    the guy is a white puff daddy in almost every way apart from being a lot less successfull a businessman , i dont consider p diddy anything but a businessman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I fcuking hate that song!!It's pure sh1te!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

its the whole package that stinks , the song ticks every box in terms of what young carefree people like to do in the summer
    drinking , getting stoned and screwing

Maybe it's not far off the mark at all. :P

Still an awful song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Never heard the song.

I thought Kid Rock dissapeared years ago, after his midget died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes:

Advertisement