Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kid rock , number 1 in ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

It's pretty sh1te for sure and how the hell it got to number 1 is beyond me, who actually buys this crap? Still, credit to old kidrock for banging Pamela back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

adox wrote: »
    It may be ****e but people can listen to what they want.

Good luck to anyone who want s to listen to any form of music. Theres a few contributors here who need to get over themselves with their musical arrogance, its ****ing boring and tired at this stage.

But people aren't really listening to "What they want" or this thread wouldn't exist. You're missing the point of mass produced pap.

Great song,I love how he rhymed the word "things" with the word "things." That's genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

I saw a werewolf with the irish no.1 in his hand
    walkin through the streets of Soho in the rain.
    He was lookin for the place called Lee Ho Fooks, gonna get a big piece of kid rocks brain

You better stay away from him, he'll rip your lungs out Kid
    Huh, leave you dead in your trailer

I saw a werewolf kickin a chuck outta kid rocks ass
    And his hair was perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PearlDrummer

Once again, the mass populous of the Island of Ireland, have made me embarrased to be located on the same island as them.

What a poor reflection on music taste in this country it is that Kid Rock has a number one in Ireland.

We could possible get over the fact that mind-numbing, sugar coated pop songs are the usual culprits at the top of the charts, due to the sheer volume of 7 - 14 year olds buying the same records as their friends, as a part of the mass-consciousness of Irish Youth.... but for christs sake...who the hell is Kid Rock!!!!

It is embarrasing... I'm going to go to 1990 screw the 21st century

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It is embarrasing... I'm going to go to 1990 screw the 21st century

http://www.onlineweb.com/theones/1990_1994.htm
    Yup. Those nineties had the mad choons up at number one eh?

Thank God that chick who kissed a girl has out classed him and will soon be number one for her wonderful musical efforts.
    At least KR was in the Simpsons ffs!

Is there anywhere to see the Irish number ones in that kinda format? from the 90's we'll say!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The amount of musical elitism here is outstanding! Seriously some of the posts are so stuck up it's laughable.

Fair enough it's a crap song, but it makes you embarassed to be irish FFS. :rolleyes:

Oh to be a special as you.... Instead, I would rather be having a few drinks, shoes off, sitting out my back garden with a few friends enjoying myself, singing tonelessly along with crap songs as well as a few classics, having too much fun to be bothered analysing what the charts say about the youth of today.

Lighten up, have some fun, hate the song but sing along. You'll have fun.

The amount of musical elitism here is outstanding! Seriously some of the posts are so stuck up it's laughable.

Fair enough it's a crap song, but it makes you embarassed to be irish FFS. :rolleyes:

Oh to be a special as you.... Instead, I would rather be having a few drinks, shoes off, sitting out my back garden with a few friends enjoying myself, singing tonelessly along with crap songs as well as a few classics, having too much fun to be bothered analysing what the charts say about the youth of today.

Lighten up, have some fun, hate the song but sing along. You'll have fun.

Yes ma'am...

that put me in MY place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Good boy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Can I sing along to the original instead?

It's the lack of imagination that gets me...
    "Shall we write a chorus"
    "Nah, just stick in someone else's"
    "Super. Pints?"

:rolleyes:

There's two of them!? I give up...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Can I sing along to the original instead?

It's the lack of imagination that gets me...
    "Shall we write a chorus"
    "Nah, just stick in someone else's"
    "Super. Pints?"

:rolleyes:

There's two of them!? I give up...

Well he is hiphop. OK He was hiphop.
    Kinda. And the sampling is common in the hip of hop so that may be why this is so... copied or lazy seeming.
    Also it is at least played by his own band as far as I can hear with that solo at the end.
    I like cowboy.
    There I said it.
    RIP Joe C.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

aidan24326 wrote: »
    It's pretty sh1te for sure and how the hell it got to number 1 is beyond me, who actually buys this crap? Still, credit to old kidrock for banging Pamela back in the day.

In fairness, it takes about ten single sales to top the charts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

But people aren't really listening to "What they want" or this thread wouldn't exist. You're missing the point of mass produced pap.

I`m not missing the point at all!!!!

You dont like it. Get over it. Theres no conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

This song is quite teh dung. 2 more reasons to now dislike Kid Rock;

1. He is a traitor!
    2. He rips off other songs to make his most popular songs, not only Sweet Home Alabama...

:rolleyes: I forgot how good Old Metallica were.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Ugh, that video for Kid Rock is stomach churning, its so dumb its beyond words to describe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

He's true trailer trash isn't he!!! And how shìte are his lyrics!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Nailz wrote: »
    He's true trailer trash isn't he!!! And how shìte are his lyrics!?!

hes about as trailer trash as vanilla ice was gangsta

hes from a solid middle class backround , hes an out and out phoney but a successfull one , still he did get to bone pammy for a while so respect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Nailz wrote: »
    2. He rips off other songs to make his most popular songs, not only Sweet Home Alabama.

some people dont seem to realise how well respected kid rock actually is.......it is actually skynyrd who recorded the song with him, he has played with skynyrd a good few times, as well as zz top, 'tallica, and bob segar so it not like he is stealing the songs, they are the ones playin them so he must have had their blessing!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

He's decent enough live, gets the crowd going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement