Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grinds-how much?

• 01-08-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Another thread on here got me thinking - just.

Of those of you out there who give tuition/grinds how much do you charge? Well maybe not ''you'', but what is your idea of the 'going rate' for this work?

I've done a bit of this in the past and it's usually been groups of 3-4 but when I told a few people (fellow teachers) how much I charged for my time they were quite surprised, in that they thought it was pretty good value!

I realise that things like this will vary from place to place, maybe even subject to subject, but would appreciate comments on this matter.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Few people i know charge 20-25 an hour for one on ones. They go a little cheaper because they're students though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

From what I understand that sounds like a very reasonable price for time. Thanks for input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bestlight

Normally I'd charge €35-€50 for maths grinds from JC ordinary level up to LC higher level. For groups I'd charge €10-€14 per person, ensuring i get at least €60 for an hours work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

bestlight wrote: »
    Normally I'd charge €35-€50 for maths grinds from JC ordinary level up to LC higher level. For groups I'd charge €10-€14 per person, ensuring i get at least €60 for an hours work

I'm with you bestlight - that's pretty much as I'd been doing, to charge any more would seem vulgar;). Though where I teach I couldn't expect 50 quid for a one on one.

Peace out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

40 an hour 1:1, as a professional anything less would be an insult. Doesn't bother me if its ordinary level jc or higher level lc, my time is my time and no matter who the client is, you won't find a plumber charging less because of where a person lives.
    Students always charge less but don't give the same grind as it may include the knowledge of the subject but not always the easiest method nor exam focused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

Post Grads in DIT can get paid €45 from the college for grinds to students registered with the Disability service... I think Students get less... the collage will also supply the room...

Advertisement