Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Admin] Request to move the economics forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Thank you.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sparks viewpost.gif
    How much is it worth to you to move it?

A lot

Invoice on the way. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The system works!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

FREE THE ECONOMICS 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

castie wrote: »
    FREE THE ECONOMICS 1!
    We already did.

It's like that guy who turned up to the Bastille a day late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

I'm guessing the comments about economics having a nobel prize are being made tongue-in-cheek

Economics is, of course, a science.

Science means a systematic investigation of phenomena (or something like that). Which economics is. Hence the fact that you can get a BSc or MSc in economics.

It's just that universities and schools make the strange choice of refering to science as the areas of physics, chemistry and biology.

/seems like a good idea to move it out of the business category. EDIT to add: which has, of course, already been done! I'll join Castie in storming the Bastille a day late!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Lulz

(I kid, I kid ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm guessing the comments about economics having a nobel prize are being made tongue-in-cheek

*whistles innocently*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Stargal wrote: »
    Lulz
    Banned

(I kid, I kid ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Stargal wrote: »
    Lulz

lol, except in Trinity i meant. it gets dragged down by being taught together with sociology :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Science means a systematic investigation of phenomena (or something like that). Which economics is. Hence the fact that you can get a BSc or MSc in economics.

It's just that universities and schools make the strange choice of refering to science as the areas of physics, chemistry and biology.

/seems like a good idea to move it out of the business category. EDIT to add: which has, of course, already been done! I'll join Castie in storming the Bastille a day late!

I don't know why I have to quote the whole thing again.
    It's just so goddamn beautiful and it appears I have run out of thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

If only it had come from somebody who didn't do their PhD in the B-School :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Banned

(I kid, I kid ;))
    But I was just about to start my AWESOME thread about the economics of celebrity :p
    lol, except in Trinity i meant. luckily it gets dragged up by being taught together with the clearly superior discipline of sociology :D
    Fixed that for you ;)

Advertisement