Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving lessons on a Sunday (south Dublin)

Options
  • 01-08-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've just been notified of my test date with the worst possible timing! I'm temporarily working abroad and will only have one weekend at home in Ireland before my test. I did think long and hard about postponing the date but have decided to go for it anyway; it will be my first time sitting it and I suppose you never know!

I've booked my regular instructor for a fairly intensive block on the Saturday morning, will spend the Saturday afternoon practicing and was hoping to get another lesson or a pretest on the Sunday then the test on the Monday. Unfortunately my regular instructor does not work Sundays and I've rung a few others, either they don't work Sundays or don't have availability that day. I would be really grateful if someone could post (if that's allowed?) or PM a recommendation for somebody that they know works Sundays? I'm doing the test in the Dun Laoghaire SGS centre but could travel to anywhere really in Dublin for lessons if needs be. Thanks so much, best of luck to you all with your tests.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Please use the PM function for posting names and numbers of recommendations.
    As for finding an instructor the works Sundays, i think you may struggle, why not get a pre-test the morning of your test?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Thanks for your reply. My test is at 8.25 on a Monday - my regular instructor chuckled when I asked for something that morning! But also, if this is something other instructors do, I would be very grateful for a PM with contact details. Also, I would like something on the Sunday to give me a chance to to see did I correct all the faults identified on the Saturday plus time to practice some more if I haven't.

Advertisement