Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cartell report reveals colour change... concerned!

Options
  • 01-08-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

This might be nothing, but then again...

I put a deposit today on a yellow Citroen Berlingo.

I just ran a report on Cartell, which says that when it was first registered in January 2001, it was recorded as being gold.

That was changed to yellow in July 2002.

Cartell says this may indicate that the car may have been resprayed, possibly indicative of repair work following an incident.

But there's a fine line between one man's gold and another man's yellow... Plus I saw another 01 Berlingo recently, the exact same colour as this one. Plus the pillars inside the car are the same colour as the exterior paintwork.

Is there another explanation for this?

I am getting so paranoid in my old age! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Probably not resprayed. Gold/yellow, most likely same colour. If there was a respray you should be able to spot it under the bonnett and paces like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You'll see the same thing with silver cars - my silver Honda Civic is described as grey on the VLC/tax disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Thanks folks for the reassurance. There is a (not very noticable) dent on one of the sliding doors - I thought maybe the door had been resprayed, but I can't see any signs of it. The car is the same mustardy yellow inside and out, and under the bonnet. :D

The only thing that freaked me is that I checked the chassis number on cartell and it's not coming up as a match to this vehicle - but then I could have taken it down wrong - will ask the dealer to confirm the chassis number for me after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Gold/yellow, no real worries but the chassis number not matching would raise flags for me.

Advertisement