Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Roofbox???

Options
  • 01-08-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi, I'm planning on getting a roofbox, probably around 450L (need to carry buggy and all other paraphernalia that comes with a baby!)

I've been looking at a few sites, and amn't quite sure if I need to go for the more expensive thule.

Basically what i'm wondering, is what is the difference between Thule , Farad adn Hapro --- apart from price.

If the box is only been used for the odd trip within Ireland, would one of the cheaper ones be ok, or are they really bad???

advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think Aldi were selling these recently, might be worth checking out if only for occasional use.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

One thing to consider is that if you are pressed for space Thule do a collapsible version which takes very little space when folded.
    I have a Karrite which is made by Thule, got it second hand with bars from a rental place in Cork city
    They sell them off at the end of the season. I think mine was 300 with the Thule bars for a 450l version.

Advertisement