Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HydroMania !!!!

• 01-08-2008 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Just back from seeing Hydromania at the courthouse....lads and lass'...its excellent. Well worth goin in to see tomorrow night

There was a band on before em called torann...they were excelent too

I reckon i'm gonna check out both these acts tomorrow night. And buy one of Toranns cd's

Torann at 3pm in Hanover street and Hydromania at 10 again tomorrow night. theres what looks like a good act on before it too at 9.30

i'd get to hydro early if you have kids...and get em up to the front . the grounds were nearly full tonight.

Fair play to all the peops in sproai

Great work
    :D

Hydromania.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

nice pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Just back from seeing Hydromania at the courthouse....lads and lass'...its excellent. Well worth goin in to see tomorrow night

There was a band on before em called torann...they were excelent too

I reckon i'm gonna check out both these acts tomorrow night. And buy one of Toranns cd's

Torann at 3pm in Hanover street and Hydromania at 10 again tomorrow night. theres what looks like a good act on before it too at 9.30

i'd get to hydro early if you have kids...and get em up to the front . the grounds were nearly full tonight.

Fair play to all the peops in sproai

Great work

Hydromania.jpg

The grounds were nearly full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There was a least 200-300 people locked outside the gate,woman and young children,there was plenty of room inside,some ejit went health and safety mad :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Was really good alright, I was in behind the barrier shooting it, will post them up at some stage. Got a wet arse though :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How long does HydroMania go on for?

About an hour - but be there much earlier, it fills VERY fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Nice one Faj...cant wait to see them

I was up near the front so i didnt realise the gates were closed. i seen all the people out side the railings but i just figured they chose to stay out there ....pity if there was room.

Started at 10pm and lasted about 40min

Closing the gates was a really bad idea I think. They open inwards, so if anything DID happen, they'd have to be brought in against the people trying to get out... Easier said than done. But anyways... All went well in the end, and it was a good show!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Was also there, I was expecting a little more from the water show, however the light show was very good as were the fireworks at the end. There was a hugh crowd down there also.

Here are a few shots

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29138110@N05/sets/72157606493071973/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

was locked out :( only got to see a little bit from outseide the gates.. by the time the fireworks went off i was watching them from outside the wacky apple with a pint in my hand :)

video added guys...might spur you on to go see it:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its not that good. Its a half an hour of a human fountain and firework display at the end?! I was impressed with it, but wouldnt exactly say it was fantastic.. seemed to be the general opinion of people I heard/spoke with after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Yeah it wasn't great, Very slow to start with but once it got going it was ok. The water was good but nothing special. I was too close to the to get a proper view and had too many taller people in front of me. so all the pictures I took came out ****e cause I had to hold the camera up high to get a shot :P

It was also way too short Thought it was going to be an hour at least. WAs there about 9:10 so it was a long wait for it to start seen as the other act didnt make it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Was stewarding it both last night and tonight.
    Was amazed at peoples reactions to having to stand back, and at their total lack of appreciation for basic health and safety.
    Amazing show that could be seen from the back hedges of the courthouse ( oh the glamour of stewarding) without climbing trees or barricades.
    Fireworks were great and the set-up itself was amazing.
    Well worth the years of waiting to get it.

That chap telling people to move was getting on peoples nerves. Nobody is ever going to move unless there forced to. I assume the gates were left open last night? Closing them the night before was the biggest health and safety issue iv ever came across.

Photos as promised!

2732185330_a92f6a3581.jpg2732183834_6b49665bd3.jpg
    2731349927_6b0c0963c0.jpg2732175566_cc5b12788c.jpg

Excellent photos.. got anymore of the events in general?!

Not much really, moreso photos of gigs - Hydromania and the parade were the only events I went to this year. I'll post a few more up in the main Spraoi thread when I get'em processed.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Incredible picture there Fajitas, well done

Cheers!

There's some more photos of it in the Flickr link in my sig.

Thanks faj.. was waiting to see em...i wasnt dissappointed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JamesBase

Your pictures're nicer than the show in itself. In the end the show was gorgeous but I've to recognize that in the beginning was too boring... The fact is that there was plenty of room remaining but too many people standing up so nothing could be seen... There should have been a higher stage or something like that.... I dunno, I think it was nice but I waste of water. You know, the climatic change ahhaha

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Saw it Friday night from outside the gates. 3 year old on his dad's shoulders described what was happening for most of the show. Saw more towards the end when people moved off and looked really good. Courthouse is a beautiful building but too enclosed for the majority who were out on the street to see. Don't know what other building they could have made a feature of though. Bishops Palace maybe...at least then the crowd would be spread out along the Mall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JamesBase

Yes, the building was very nice. In fact it was perfect. But it wasn't the problem. Anyway I enjoyed it.

Advertisement