Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What hope for the rest of us

• 01-08-2008 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,966 ✭✭✭✭

I was about to post this in logic1's thread, just as it was closed. I don't agree with it being closed, but it should be well moderated if opened, as it's a lot sad that this website can't act civil when when of their own has shuffled off this mortal coil.

However, that does not mean that how it happened should not be debated, while there is no free speech here, it should also be a testament to people like Niall, who always spoke his mind, that this site is still going and that people can be allowed to post bollox and rightly get taken apart for it through debate.

Anyway, this is what I was going to post:
    I remember talking to a polish lad about traffic in Poland, when there was an accident and someone was injured or died, full details about it were published, and who the person to blame was, whether they were drunk, high, or just driving badly. Over here, we get very little published to "protect the family", and lots of drunk driving cases go unreported, lest someone get upset.

I played team fortress classic (a computer game), online with Niall (logic1) for a while, back in ~2000, had a big argument with him when he acted the tw*t during a match at one stage (he spent the whole time killing his team mates with a crowbar :)). Met him later at a big meet up, he was the life of the pub, and he spent the night joking around with everyone.

It's awful that he's dead, but, by god, he could have done a lot more with his life than end it while getting high.

The After Hours mods have not dealt with this well at all, this is not a thread to be childish or to flame in.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*takes a deep breath*

*exhales*

*walkes away to let someone else deal with this*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

/popcorn

This is gonna be great!

And I'm on the fence atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have to agree with astrofool on this one. I lost someone in a similar way and again nothing has ever been said about it. Fairly similar thing with suicide in this country, I've buried three guys because of that and again nothing was talked about. Sooner or later somebody has to talk or this shít keeps happening.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Not a good move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

*takes a deep breath*

*exhales*

*walkes away to let someone else deal with this*
    Pshht worst mod evaaaa! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Let me add that posting in a condolence thread wasn't really on.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Pshht worst mod evaaaa! ;)

"Please dont shoot""Its my first day";)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thread was locked for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Thread was locked for a reason.
    Indeed.
    As was this one.
    There was a lot of needless abuse thrown aroundd in a condolence thread.

There is a thread in feedback if you want to vent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement