Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C License

Options
  • 01-08-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

Ok im hoping to go for my C license, ive passed the theroy test, is there anybody out there that can give an idea of what i will have to do in the test, and the waiting times in portlaoise??

Also when applying for me prov. I know i have to supply a medical cert, but is a eyesight report needed to, as i already have that code on me b license???

Thanks

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

is there anybody out there that can give an idea of what i will have to do in the test
    It's much the same as the B test but you will be asked a few truck related questions.

When doing the test be on the alert for "take the next available right/left". That is usually an indication that the next actual right/left has a 3 tonne limit and therefore trucks are prohibited from entry.
    Also when applying for me prov.
    Learner Permit! ;)
    I know i have to supply a medical cert, but is a eyesight report needed to, as i already have that code on me b license???
    AFAIK a medical certificate automatically includes an eyesight report. I don't ever recall doing an eyesight test outside of a doctor's surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

You'll have to go to the doctors for the medical cert, so why not bring along the eyesight report and get him to fill that out while you're there.. It shouldnt cost you anything extra.

as for tips;
    Dont stray into cycle lanes,
    Square every corner,
    Watch the cerb on a near side corner,
    Examiner may ask you Height & Lenght of Truck (he asked me)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

if the road isnt wide enough for cycle and traffic lane ya have to go in to the cycle lane, sallins rd in naas a prime example and ya dont need an eyesight report just the medical and what do ya mean by square every corner
    when i passed my test i wasnt asked any technical q's bout the truck, just the length width and height

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

guil07 wrote: »
    if the road isnt wide enough for cycle and traffic lane ya have to go in to the cycle lane
    There is a difference between a cycle lane and a cycle track. If the road is narrow, it should be a cycle track - not a lane.

Advertisement