Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Bale be at left back this season ??

Options
  • 01-08-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Okay so I'm only basing this on the Norwich and Celtic games, but it looks like he's gonna play ahead of Ekotto which is an excellent move IMO as he has so much to give the team in terms of quality.

I imagine in the bigger games he will revert to LB to give us more stability when we need it most.

Quality quality young player - so assured on the ball.
    Jesus we've missed him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Bale a definite starter his attacking ability is as good as any defensively to be honest haven,t seen him tested yet myself but he looks confident on the ball ekottu at times seems to lack in concentration watching the celtic game he just about got away with getting caught in possesion when not really under any pressure on two occasions bale gets the nod for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Okay so I'm only basing this on the Norwich and Celtic games, but it looks like he's gonna play ahead of Ekotto which is an excellent move IMO as he has so much to give the team in terms of quality.

I imagine in the bigger games he will revert to LB to give us more stability when we need it most.

I'd play him in MF too Shane - looks tough f..... as well and can penetrate or cross - like a new signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

havent seen a lot of either but from what i have Bale is defo better that Ekotto going forward,a lot more assured on the ball .

we have had a few of these attacking wing backs in the past that they have normally let us down at the back but with his pace (and if he stays fit) he could be big asset for us this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

think bale will be a great asset if he can keep fit,defo think he is a better attacking option than a defensive one but his versatility will come in handy.Ideally i would have him and bentley on either flank,the supply to the frontmen would be unreal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

whats spurs alternative to the LB bale at LM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads. anybody know what the story is with Hutton, I read somewhere last week that he did his ankle in over in Spain and would be out for several weeks, but I have'nt heard anything official, can anyone shed any light on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

gio von santos played mostly on the left when at barca.Maybe gilberto will have a go there and Bently can play there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If we line up with 5 across the middle and a lone striker, then Bale will be at LB.

That would probably see something like:

Gomes

Hutton
    King
    Woody
    Bale

Modric
    Zokora

Bentley
    Jenas
    dos Santos

Bent

Bale and Hutton will be expected to get forward.

In a 4-4-2 with dos Santos as support to a more conventional striker, I could see Bale at LM, and probably Gilberto at LB (maybe BAE or Gunter)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If we line up with 5 across the middle and a lone striker, then Bale will be at LB.

That would probably see something like:

Gomes

Hutton
    King
    Woody
    Bale

Modric
    Zokora

Bentley
    Jenas
    dos Santos

Bent

Bale and Hutton will be expected to get forward.

In a 4-4-2 with dos Santos as support to a more conventional striker, I could see Bale at LM, and probably Gilberto at LB (maybe BAE or Gunter)

I agree with 10 of this but IMO i think its madness to rely on bent, we can all see that berba is as good as gone and espically if you believe the ronaldo hype UTD are gonna have some serious transfer kitty to throw around before the deadline, My only comfort in bent is th\t with the passing of Jenas/Bently/Modric and Hudd as a sub there will be some balls sprayed over the top to him so he should get a few chances a game

Advertisement