Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird Flavours

• 02-08-2008 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

I've just gargled with citrus flavoured Listerine. wtf??

Whoever thought 'citrus' flavoured mouthwash would be pleasant, is off their skull.

Is there any weird flavours out there that made you think - why oh why??

Another one of mine is avocado flavoured ice cream. It's just wrong.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yore ma tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bacon salt is something that shouldn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

does it make you wonder that bbq beef flavour crisp are suitable for vegetarians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Yore ma tbh.
    Wow, didn't see that one coming.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I always found the original Lucozaid to taste weird, love it now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Tri wrote: »
    Wow, didn't see that one coming.:pac:

You're only inviting him to make a "that's what she said" joke now. Just ignore the Yore Ma'ers. Sure it keeps them off the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

ever try mint sauce? Green stuff? Yugh, i can't even stand the smell of it!

ever try mint sauce? Green stuff? Yugh, i can't even stand the smell of it!
    Used to love that as a kid. Ate spoonfuls of the stuff. Wouldn't touch it now. Its VIIIILE.:(

Toffee yogurt is wrong, just wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

101 Frightening Ice Cream Flavors From Around the World

10. Wasabi Ice Cream. Sushi gets its punch from the horseradish paste known in Japanese as wasabi. While its tingling taste makes a delightful addition to raw fish, wasabi’s tangy flavor also makes for a surprisingly edible ice cream.
    wasabi.thumbnail.jpg

33. Stout Ice Cream. Black beer ice cream is definitely one for the stout of heart, just like the Japanese drinkers who’ve made this brew a popular addition to most pub menus in recent years.
    stout.thumbnail.jpg

40. Indian Curry Ice Cream. Definitely not a taste to give others if you’re trying to curry favor. Curry flavored ice cream goes a long way toward putting the bomb into Bombay. The adventurous ones who try this ice cream will be rewarded with the taste of curry lingering in their mouths for hours.
    [.img]http://www.who-sucks.com/wp-content/uploads/icons//2007/07/curry.thumbnail.jpg[/img]

68. Cheese Ice Cream. An ice cream every bit as cheesy as the captions to these photos. As a dairy product, it’s a much tastier mix than some of the other frightening flavors
    cheese.thumbnail.jpg

71. Spaghetti Bolognaise Ice Cream.

72. Tuna Fish Ice Cream.

85. Chicken Fried Steak Ice Cream. Ever wondered what happens if you mesh fried steak and ice cream together? DallasFood.org introduces a new way to screw up your diet quickly and easily. It’s basically frying a piece of steak with egg, butter, sugar, and milk, and topping it off with an ice cream scoop.
    cfsalamodedishedup.thumbnail.jpg

87. Chunky Bacon Ice Cream. “Bacon and butterfat, what could be better? The stuff should come with CPR instructions,” jokes H. Page Skelton, 37, watching the young women sample the next sample — spicy-hot ice cream with a vinegar aftertaste.
    bacon.thumbnail.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Root beer a la dr pepper is just wrong. Weird flavours in chocolates. Asparagus is minging and if I get a smell of cucmber it makes me wanna barf. The wierdest flavour I ever saw but didn't taste was in an ice cream place in BilBao. They had mad flavours, but the maddest was ham flavoured ice cream. Now your Spanish will eat every part of the pig and v nice it is too, but in ice cream??? Hey there Tedio, could I have a scoop of your WTF ice cream por favor?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Bubblegum flavoured ice cream...its blue too.:eek:

Wrong on all levels really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Great minds think alike there Overheal. Fools seldom differ too tbh.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Bubblegum flavoured ice cream...its blue too.:eek:

Wrong on all levels really.

I hate that idea of "bubblegum flavour". Which particular bubble gum? Spearmint? Blueberry? Then call it spearmint flavour or blueberry flavour, not bubblegum flavour!

And another thing, what's the story with "original" as a flavour for things? Is it always just ready salted or what? Just put bloody ready salted on the bag then instead of original!

/wanders off to find angry bastard forum :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Cranberry: it's like the women. First you think it all nice n sweet and juicy and then outta nowhere you really get to know it, it dries up faster than an ice cube in the sahara. And thats when you take another sip and go through it all again.

Gulp...ummm...yummmm....oh you know thats not half ba......ugh arrr me mouff feels like i jufft afe a roll off toilet fafer.

DanGerMus wrote: »

Gulp...ummm...yummmm....oh you know thats not half ba......ugh arrr me mouff feels like i jufft afe a roll off toilet fafer.

Hahahahaha - f*ckin brilliant. So true. hhahahahah:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Cranberry: it's like the women. First you think it all nice n sweet and juicy and then outta nowhere you really get to know it, it dries up faster than an ice cube in the sahara. And thats when you take another sip and go through it all again.

To the Biki quotes project with this gem methinks.

Legend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i tried the salty ice-cream when i was over in finland last year, one spoonful was more than enough, vile stuff altogether

also tried strawberry cider and weird tasting sweets over there, those finns are mad

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i tried the salty ice-cream when i was over in finland last year, one spoonful was more than enough, vile stuff altogether

Don't those ice people do something strange to liquorice too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Moonbaby wrote: »

knowing them they mix it with vinegar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I always found the original Lucozaid to taste weird, love it now though.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Had some Strawberry Salvia a couple of hours ago.

Horrible taste.

Moonbaby wrote: »

The best thing to do to liquorice is to stick an ampersand between the r and the i. In fact forget the ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

javaboy wrote: »

/wanders off to find angry bastard forum :mad:

Still waiting on that one I'm afraid

On this, The new Aquafresh Citrus Toothpaste (Not mouthwash). Horribly nasty putrid vile disgusting rancid filthy sordid ghastly nauseating stuff. Its just wrong. On so many levels

Oh and Blackcurrant flavourd cider. Yuk

Big_Mac wrote: »

On this, The new Aquafresh Citrus Toothpaste (Not mouthwash). Horribly nasty putrid vile disgusting rancid filthy sordid ghastly nauseating stuff. Its just wrong. On so many levels
    What is with the invasion of citrus on toothpaste and the like???

Who seriously thought that would be a good idea? And thy obviously didn't taste it before they put it on the market.

vomit.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Who seriously thought that would be a good idea? And thy obviously didn't taste it before they put it on the market.

vomit.
    :pac:
    Go and find your own ideas for a new flavour for Walkers crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Hey, don't knock listerne!!!:mad:

when i was 17 i used 2 (free-sample sized) bottles of "new citrus listerene" to smuggle 180mls of whiskey into town with me for paddy's day!

I drank the other 20mls of the naggin in my friends house.

Good times!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Big_Mac wrote: »

+1 on this. Got a free sample a while back and thought "how bad could it be?". I wasn't really prepared for how bad it actually was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

vomit.
    definitely.

citrus and toothpaste should never go together.

ala drinking orange juice after brushing.

*runs for the toliet bowl*

Advertisement