Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT modem?

Options
  • 02-08-2008 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Do any of you guys know what type of dsl modem BT is giving to customers these days? Mine's an old Zyxel 623, and it's giving up the ghost. I just don't want to bother requestinga new one if it's rubbish (e.g. USB only).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

I have the zxyel too. Changed it to a Netgear DG834PN.

They use a BT Voyager

http://www.voyager.bt.com/wireless_devices/voyager_2110/product_info.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I bought this to replace my Zyxel. It's an all in one job - Wireless router, DSL modem and 4 port switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BT Voyager 2110 Wireless modem/router (Wireless & 4 ethernet ports)
    or
    BT Voyager 210 Wired modem/router (USB & 1 ethernet port)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

If you ring TS (1890923111), they will replace that for you given it's age and since its utter ****e, the support team will probably have pity on you ha. The Voyager 210 works fine with the correct FW (3.62a).

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

might give that a try myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

When I first started with them, they gave me a zyxel wireless modem - and it packed it in within 6 months. Was replaced with the BT Voyager 2110 - have had no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭dubmick

BT replaced my Zxyel router with the BT Voyager 2110 earlier this year. I'd say they'll replace if you complain about the Zxyel.

Advertisement