Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman doesnt report her child missing for 31 days

• 02-08-2008 8:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭

Media is all over this - everyone thinks she's guilty but they don't have the hard evidence to prosecute her yet. Im surprised no boardsies have heard of this but I guess its happening in my neck of the woods down in Central Florida.
    the brief wrote:
    Casey Anthony, 22, told police she dropped off her daughter at a babysitter on June 9, and when she went back to get her, Caylee and the babysitter -- a woman she called Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez -- were gone.

Anthony did not report her daughter was missing until five weeks later, when her parents questioned her about the girl's whereabouts.
    What follows is a timeline of events in the case of 22-year-old Casey Anthony and her missing 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. The dates presented here are based on police files, court documents, Internet accounts, and eyewitness statements.

June 9 – Between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Casey Anthony allegedly drops Caylee off with her nanny, Zenaida Hernandez-Gonzalez, at the Sawgrass Apartments on South Conway Road.
    Casey moves out of her parent's house and in with her ex-boyfriend, Ricardo Morales, and friend, Amy Huizenga.
    June 9 to June 12 – Casey tells her parents that she is having Hernandez-Gonzalez babysit Caylee so she can go on a business trip for Universal Studios.
    June 12 – Family friends allegedly spot Caylee in a shopping center near the Orange-Seminole county line. She was reportedly wearing a pink and blue outfit and white-rimmed sunglasses.
    June 12 to June 14 – Christine Chester, a friend of Casey’s, says that she went for a walk with Casey and Caylee on one of these dates.
    June 14 – Casey allegedly logs into her MySpace account and leaves a message on a profile allegedly belonging to her boyfriend, Anthony Lazzaro. The message, time-stamped 8:05 a.m., read, "You're absolutely my favorite." It remains unclear if Anthony ever replied, as the majority of Casey's comments from that period have been deleted.
    June 15 – Caylee visits her great-grandfather at an assisted living facility. A video is later produced in an attempt to verify the sighting.
    Watch Caylee's Video June 20 to June 21 – Casey allegedly hangs out at a club in Orlando.
    View Photo's Mid-June – Casey allegedly borrows a shovel from a neighbor.
    June 24 - Casey's ex-fiancé calls her in the afternoon to tell her he has resigned from the Orlando Police Department. He later tells deputies that he heard Casey reprimand Caylee for climbing on a table. He also claims he heard the young girl's voice in the background.
    George Anthony calls the Orange County Sheriff's Office and reports that someone broke into his storage shed and stole 2 gas cans with about $50.00 worth of gas in them.
    Read the Burglary Report June 25 – Casey calls her ex-boyfriend, Jessie Grund, and asks him if he wants to get together. During the conversation, Casey allegedly tells Jessie that Caylee is spending the weekend at the beach with her "nanny."
    caylee_marie_anthony.jpg June ? – Casey reportedly gets a tattoo in honor of Caylee that says "Bella Vida." The English translation of the Italian phrase means "Beautiful Life."
    June 30 – The car Casey has been driving, a 1998 white Pontiac with Florida tag G63XV, is towed from an Amscot Financial store at Colonial Drive and Goldenrod Road.
    July 3 – Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, allegedly posts the following message* to her MySpace blog:
    Subject: My Caylee is missing
    Current mood: Distraught
    "She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?" [sic throughout].
    *The message has been deleted.
    July 4 – Casey allegedly spends her day partying and hanging out with friends.
    July 4 Weekend – A new concrete slab is allegedly poured in the backyard at Casey's parents’ house.
    July 7 – Casey allegedly posts a message* on her MySpace blog. The message, titled "Diary of Days," read:
    "On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
    Trust no one, only yourself.
    With great power, comes great consequence.
    What is given can be taken away.
    Everyone Lies.
    Everyone Dies."*The message has been deleted.
    July 15 - Amy Huizenga tells Cindy Anthony where her daughter is staying. Amy later accuses Casey of stealing checks and $700.
    Cindy picks up Casey and places three calls to 911, telling authorities that she wants her daughter arrested for stealing money and a car. Casey had allegedly stolen her mother's credit card when she moved out and, using the card, had run up thousands of dollars in bills. Cindy also tells the dispatcher that her granddaughter is missing.
    Listen to the first 911 call
    Listen to the second 911 call
    Listen to the third 911 callDuring the third 911 call, Cindy tells the dispatcher: "There is something wrong. I found my daughter's car today [and] it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."
    casey_anthony_mug_shot.jpgJuly 16 – Investigators discover Casey has been lying about her place of employment and other details regarding her daughter's disappearance. As a result, Casey is arrested and charged with child neglect, making false official statements, and obstructing an investigation.
    "Based on the repetitive lies that the defendant has told, we do not know with whom the child is or even if the child is alive," Corporal Yuri Melich wrote in the arrest affidavit. He added, "It should be noted that at no time during any of the above interviews did the defendant show any obvious emotion as to the loss of her child."
    Read The Arrest AffidavitThe car Casey had been driving is picked up from the wrecker company, and police question a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez, who claims she does not know Casey Anthony.
    While behind bars, Casey calls her family and talks with her mother, Cindy, brother, Lee Anthony, and a friend, identified only as "Kristina." Casey uses profanity during the 13-minute conversation and appears to be angry about comments her mother had made to the media regarding Casey's involvement in the case.
    Listen to Casey Anthony's jailhouse phone callJuly 17 – Casey appears in court, during which time the judge denies bond, saying she showed a “woeful disregard for the welfare of her child.”
    The Sheriff’s Office searches the car Casey had been driving and bagged several items as evidence, including dirt, samples of hair deemed to be the same color and length as Caylee’s, and a carpet sample that investigators have called "questionable."
    July 21 – Casey's attorney sends a letter to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, which states that they are willing to "cooperate fully" with law enforcement.
    Read the LetterThe Never Lose Hope Foundation donates office space for volunteers to coordinate search efforts. In addition, a local business owner offers a combined reward of $125,000 for information that leads to finding Caylee. The offer is set to expire in 90 days.
    View Printable Flyercasey_anthony_in_custody_2.jpgJuly 22 – Casey appears at her bond hearing before Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland. During the court proceeding, Corporal Melich testifies about the search of Casey's vehicle.
    "There was a very bad smell in the car," Melich stated. "Briefly, just before I came into the Child Abuse Division, I was a homicide detective for two years with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, and in my experience, the smell that I smelled in that car was the smell of decomposition."
    Cindy Anthony also testifies that Fernandez-Gonzalez had been babysitting Caylee for more than a year. However, she admits that she has never actually spoken to or met with Fernandez-Gonzalez.
    Following testimony by other family members, Judge Strickland chastises Casey for her behavior and sets her bail at $500,000.
    Read The Bond Order"Not a bit of useful information has been provided by Ms. Anthony as to the whereabouts of her daughter," Strickland said. "And I would add that the truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers."
    After the hearing, Cindy Anthony tells the media that Caylee was allegedly spotted at a Tampa airport on July 2; however, an unnamed source later tells WESH.com that the sheriff's office is not optimistic about the tip.
    July 23 – A recording made by Caylee's grandfather, George Anthony, and The Never Lose Hope Foundation is broadcast across Florida phone lines to thousands of area residents.
    Listen to George Anthony's recorded messageJuly 24 – Cindy Anthony tells the media that Caylee has been sighted in Georgia with someone who is heading to Charlotte, North Carolina. Police investigate the tip but find no evidence to substantiate the claim.
    Casey's lawyer, Jose Baez, files a writ of habeas corpus, asking that Casey be released from jail so that she can aid in the search for her daughter.
    Casey Anthony received a suprise visit from Patrick Bourgeois, a man who claimed to attend high school with her. Casey had trouble remembering who he was and had little to say during their conversation, which lasted less than 2-minutes..
    Listen to Casey's Jailhouse ConversationJuly 25 – Casey's family visits her in prison.
    July 26 – Casey phones her brother from jail. During the conversation she states that she believes Caylee is still OK.
    "That's still my best feeling at the moment," she said. "If that changes, then obviously I'm going to reach out and say something immediately, but I know mom will understand this more than anyone that there's that bond type of bond that you have with your kid and it's unexplainable."
    Listen to the ConversationJuly 27 – Casey offers to work with the FBI to make a composite sketch of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez.
    "She's [Casey] been wanting to cooperate with authorities; she just doesn't trust the local authorities. She would be willing to speak with the FBI," Cindy Anthony tells WESH.com.
    Nearly 200 people attend a vigil at the Anthony family home to honor Caylee.
    July 28 – Casey Anthony's brother visits her in jail.
    View Casey's Jail Visitation LogCasey's attorney files a motion for a protective order to prevent authorities from releasing any further audio or video recordings of conversations Casey has with her family while she is locked up in the county jail.
    Read the Motion for Protective OrderJuly 29 – Judge Stan Strickland, citing the First Amendment, denies the protective order motion.
    A former inmate who was housed at the county jail with Casey comes forward with information about the case. Inmate Travis Nichols, 20, tells investigators that Casey told him Caylee is with one of her ex-boyfriends. The sheriff's office investigates the claim, but discount it because they are unable to verify details of the alleged conversation.
    July 30 – Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum issues a written response to the appeal request that Baez filed on July 24. Within it, McCollum concludes that Baez, "failed to show that such action by the trial court was arbitrary, fanciful, or unreasonable."
    Read the Attorney General's Response The Fifth District Court of Appeals agrees with the Attorney General's response and denies Baez's request without comment.
    Reports surface that the FBI is going to take over the case.
    Meanwhile, Casey calls her brother and says that nothing has changed.
    Listen to the Conversation"Um. I guess understandably just being out of contact. But um. I mean as far as I'm concerned nothing's really changed."
    The call comes to an abrupt end moments later when Lee apparently looses the connection.
    July 31 – In an effort to better understand the psyche of Casey Anthony, Investigation Discovery enrolls the help of Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, a renowned criminal profiler who has over 20 years experience in profiling everything from serial murders to aberrant sex crimes.

Its been all the rage since the 911 call was finally made 2 weeks ago. Dont know why the grandmother is so eager to bail her out of county jail either: everyone wants that woman's blood im sure.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

whoot, dan abrams is gona be all over this on monday.
    --edit, actually just double checked the name.. he's already been all over this. That man's a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Even Papa Bear Bill O' Reilly has had a piece by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I bet keith olbermann is behind it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

...........missing girl......alleged concrete slab poured....... alleged smell of dead body in car...... alleged call to 911 after slab poured......alleged obvious answer if you ask me.

P.S. PIK, i think there a contender for the stupidest post there in AH under Book Thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Maybe they were just having an epic game of hide and seek?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Big_Mac wrote: »
    ...........missing girl......alleged concrete slab poured....... alleged smell of dead body in car...... alleged call to 911 after slab poured......alleged obvious answer if you ask me.

Don't forget the alleged borrowed shovel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Awwww, beautiful little girl, I hope they find her and she isn't dead (even though it seems she is :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Don't forget the alleged borrowed shovel.

Ah... but was it allegedly borrowed or was it allegedly a shovel....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

So that slab is being dug up anyway, just a matter of when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Has the mother talked to the McCanns yet? They should know what to do.

• Advertisement

well the mother doesnt have a chance of getting out of jail until the 17th so the police have until then to put together a concrete case - no pun intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

is this story real?
    seems like some stupid skit from a comedy show. shovel/concrete/smell of dead body/going wild on mothers credit card,robbing cars and money etc. shes just spiriling downwards the whole tme if you ask me.

is this story real?
    seems like some stupid skit from a comedy show. shovel/concrete/smell of dead body/going wild on mothers credit card,robbing cars and money etc. shes just spiriling downwards the whole tme if you ask me.

blindfold yourself, pick a random news vendor and search for Caylee.

Advertisement