Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in layout on Eircom Stats page.......Cap enforcement?

Options
  • 02-08-2008 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Change in layout on Eircom Stats page, I wonder are they going enforcing their download limit. Honestly, I've been paying extra for Eircom because the haven't enforced theirs nad steered away from BT because they throttled some people, (also the billing problems). If they do start enforcing it, throttling or charging for going over it, then I'll be looking for a reseller that doesn't. UTV have an unlimited option for €5.99 extra.

New layout
    60664.jpg

Old layout
    60665.jpg

Notice the difference

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that new layout has appeared a couple of times over the past 2 years and taken away after a day or 2, I wouldnt worry about it too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Gonzo wrote: »
    that new layout has appeared a couple of times over the past 2 years and taken away after a day or 2, I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Ok, Sorry, its my first time seing it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i would still be wary they might start chargin now cos i'd say they lost a lot of customers to upc

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

I've been with eircom for years now since 2000 or 2001. The service they provide is one of the most expansive in the country and unreliable at times the only reason im with them is the fact that they dont enforce the limit or charge you extra when you go over it. There bound to enforce it one of these days as it dosent make good business scene to let all its customers go over the limit when it could be making more moneys. when that day comes im just going to switch to another company that provides the same service for cheaper and prioritize what i download and i'd say so will nearly half its customers. Im just waiting for someone to come onto the form s and say they've got charged for going over the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Less than 10% are heavy users where cap is a problem.

If the % rises too much due to HD downloads, legal C4/BBC/Sky catchup TV etc, then EVERY ISP will have lower caps and charge per Gbyte for excess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Yeah I have noticed that new layout aswell a few times during the year.
    Also with your old layout, I never had Download Excess or Percent of Total Allowance used to Date.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As I have said before there are people on here who in some perverse sort of way will not be happy until Eircom actually charge for going over the cap!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That new layout always shows for the first day or two of the month. No worries (I hope!) :)

Advertisement