Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Abit IX38 Quad GT

Options
  • 02-08-2008 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm strongly thinking about getting this, but it says something about ATI Crossfire technology. I have an nVidia card... would I be correct in assuming that SLI is the same thing as Crossfire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Hey guys, I'm strongly thinking about getting this, but it says something about ATI Crossfire technology. I have an nVidia card... would I be correct in assuming that SLI is the same thing as Crossfire?

no
    nvidia´s SLI requires you run an NVIDIA chipset motherboard , usually with an i at the end of it 790i 680i , i dont know them very well , needless to say , they are usually inferior to intel chipset motherboards. use google , they seem to be having allot of problems with things just failing on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Ah I see. Surely it will support a single nVidia card though, yeah? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Basically, Nvidia refuse to let Intel have Sli run on an Intel chipset motherboard, Sli is limited to Nvidia chipsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Yes it will support a single Nvidia card

Advertisement