Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamp Post Safety Access

Options
  • 02-08-2008 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I am trying to source two safety plates for lamp posts. Basically a local football club has an All Weather pitch and the flood lights are mounted on metal posts, exactly the same as street lighting metal poles. The local vandals have removed the safety doors that provide access to the electrical fittings, this has left the insides exposed to the elements not to mention the safety risk. There are cctv cameras on these poles and when the safety door is removed off the lamp post you can switch on and off the power to the post, this is the reason why the gurriers remove the plate.

They are about two feet high and 4 and a quarter inches wide and about an eighth of an inch thick, apologies to the metric people!! I have tried a few places, Street and Park etc to no avail. It was suggested to me to get plates made up and keep them in place with metal bands. So please, does anyone know where I might source replacement plates or the metal bands? (I can get plates cut at a push from a friend of mine)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

security nuts and bolts would also be good. There is a place in TIP that supplies a lot of these poles, i'll ask someone in work for his name when we get back.
    the bands can be pricy (as in the tools to fit them)

i dont know where you get them, just that the councils use them all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Thanks Stoner, any help appreciated. I asked my mate to make me up two plates, including screw holes, so it's just the metal bands I'm after now, will try hardware store for nuts that are tricky to remove. I would love to catch the messers in action, I bet their nuts wouldn't be too tricky to remove! :D

Advertisement