Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mobile Tyre Centre

Options
  • 02-08-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

My housemate got his tyres slashed last night. All 4 tyres are slashed and his spare wheel aswell. No way we can get the jeep to the tyre centre so does anyone know if there's a mobile service around? We've already called Dial-A-Tyre but they said it could take about 4 hours.

Please help!!

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

fastfit

there is load in the golden pages.

thats gonna be expensive. will insurance cover this kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

The mobile service for Fast Fit doesn't work today...

Thing with insurance is he'd probably need to get a Garda report and all that before claiming. He just wants the tyres replaced and wants to forget about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Had a similar thing happen to me and about 5 mates in Germany many years ago. Ended up pooling spare tyres from other cars to support the car temporarily and using another car to ferry as many wheels as would fit in it to the local tyre centre (who thought it was his lucky day!) getting the tyres fitted and returning. If you could find two spares (they don't even need to be the right size as long as the number of studs is the same) you could do it in two trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

What are are you based in??

If its around north dublin i'd give Dave mc cann in blanch a call... he has mobile vans non the raod, i'm not sure how he'd be at short notice...

Also depending on the car / usage, and if he's able to claim of his insurance, you could look in the buy and sell / adverts.ie and pick up 4 wheels with tires for a fraction of the price....

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Cheers lads. Ended up just waiting for Dial-A-Tyre. He'd to drive to Navan to pick up the tyres, came back and ended up replacing 1 and just repairing the other 3. My housemate can get a spare during the week down in Cork. €185 altogether which I thought was brilliant.

Don't think he's going to claim but cheers for the advice anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,439 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice one!

Advertisement