Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info from the Koran

• 02-08-2008 11:57am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

When I was in school my Muslim friends told me about 3 truths/proofs contained within the Koran that indicated proof of God's existence. Unfortunately its been quite a number of years since I've seen them and have forgotten our many discussions on religon

Can someone please help? I have a recollection of one being about pregnancy and one being about water boiling at high altitudes?
    am I making sense?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Hello faceman. You're very welcome the Islam forum. Please read the charter while you're here.

Sweet nick by the way ;)

I think you may be referring to the Scientific Miracles of the Quran.

Although I hold some of these in high esteem, I also believe that the truth of the Quran is also apparent in God's knowledge of the human condition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thanks for the link! My google searches weren't so successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Im always confused why people quote such "scientific miracles" contained in the quran because there are so many other little "miricles" in it that are clearly against what even a child would consider quite obvious nowadays.

From the website linked from the_new_mr it shows how the quran speaks of anti-matter simply by the fact that the word pair appears in a verse of the quran and links it with the scientist Paul Dirac's discovery. I think if god wanted to speak of how anit-matter was formed he could do so a little clearer.

So then should we also apply such literal meaning to such verses that imply a flat earth and a setting place for the sun ?

Quran 18: 86 Till, when he (the traveller Zul-qarnain) reached the setting-place of the Sun, he found it going down into a muddy spring…

Quran 18: 90 Till, when he reached the rising-place of the Sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no shelter from it.

It is scientifically accepted fact that, the Sun never go down in a muddy spring. Secondly, this seems to speak of a FLAT Earth, otherwise how can there be an extreme point in the West or in the East?

Or should we read verses 36:36 as literal and the verses above as metaphors ?

Advertisement