Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting songs

Options
  • 02-08-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Not sure I'm in the right place with this but does anyone know of a program that I can use to cut part of a song to use as a ringtone? Just doing it as a joke to play on a mate so something free would be best.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

You have right place,
    Try googling for free Daws. Something like Audacity or if its just for this job im sure Reaper would be morally ok to use!

You need to import the song into these programs and you can cut it up from there,
    There will then be some sort of mixdown function and that will make a new file from the cut version. If your not use to this stuff it will take a bit of messing but a job like that shouldnt take too long once you mess a bit.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.

Advertisement