Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best grub in town

• 02-08-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Where are the best places to eat out in waterford Im not taking about fancy restaurants more like pub grub like Geoffs which is fantastic for food by the way?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Paddy Browns - without a doubt. Iv tried a lot of places, and Paddy Bs. stands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭liberation

Paddy browns? is that the place beside tescos. I heard thats a very rough pub

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

liberation wrote: »
    Paddy browns? is that the place beside tescos. I heard thats a very rough pub

Yup, but its grand during the day when its serving food. Whatever about night, its great during the day. Never ever had any problems there, nor came across any issues.

There is another thread about restaurants, and it was recommended there also by someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

yeah i heard Paddy browns is great also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

I worked as a bar man in Paddy Brownes 20 years ago:eek: Man that makes me feel old.
    Although I did lie about being 18 when I was really 16:D It meant I could have a pint after work not like the bottle boys who had to have coke:D

It wasn't at all rough back then although a guy did come in one night with a shot gun looking for a guy he found out was stumping his wife:D
    One of the bar men jumped the bar and took the gun off him:eek: Different times for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Holy Cross out the cork road is excellent, lovely bangers and mash every day.

B~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I've eaten in Paddy Browns a few times and wasnt that impressed.

The food was very average and a bit basic.

The Showboat ftw.

shockwave wrote: »
    I've eaten in Paddy Browns a few times and wasnt that impressed.

The food was very average and a bit basic.

The Showboat ftw.

Strange - either you have high expectations or I have low ones! Iv always liked it, as did others who also have eaten there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i had taglitelle bolignese yesterday that was on special in the cove and it was smashing, they also do "real" chips i.e. not cooked from frozen, which was a nice surprise to the others that i was with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Showboat for carvery/pub grub, Harlequins for Italian grub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement