Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installing Sub

Options
  • 02-08-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭

I just got given a Mutant Sub (Probably Crap:rolleyes:) & It Came With A 1-Channel Amp Me Thinks, Was Free So I Didn't Want To Be Rude And Not Accept It.:D

No Instructions, Nothing, haven't a clue how to fit. I Can Get the wires and all that from the engine. But don't know where they go after.

I'll stick a few pics up to show ya..

And can my speakers run as normal and the sub separate or do i need a 4 channel amp to run my speakers. As i said haven't a clue...

Any help would be appreciated.....

DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

the thick wire (usually red) coming from the battery with the fuse in it goes to 12v, there should be a remote wire on the back of ur radio, a thin wire(blue?) goes from that to rem and one the same size as the power lead goes to an earth somewhere in ur boot to gnd, use speaker wire ya get with the wiring kit to connect the sub to the amp, red is + and black is -, the speakers should work if ya just have them connected to the radio
    if ur anywhere near newbridge i could show ya how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Cheers man I Got Everything Wired Up Except For The REMOTE wire, there are 3 blue wires on the back of my head unit dont know which one. The Rest Was Easier than I tought. Lets Hope It Works When I Connect This Other Wire.

Ones Marked P.CNTR

Another marked P.ANT

And The Other Blue Wire Is Connected To The Bit Where I Stick The Aerial Connection In. What I Think Is The Aerial Or Maybe Power.... The Long Silver Plug Thing.

DSC00017-1.jpg
    DSC00018.jpg

has ur car got a power aerial

what does the middle wire have on it the red one

guil07 wrote: »
    has ur car got a power aerial

Nope, Assuming Your On About The One That pops up When You Start The Car.

• Advertisement

what does the middle wire have on it the red one

MUTE somethin to do with the phone i think

yeah its for a phone kit
    connect it to p. ant thats for a power aerial so it will turn on and off with the radio

just make sure that ya have a good earth or it wont work at all, if ya connected it to a painted surface scratch off the paint and it will get a better earth

yeah its for a phone kit
    connect it to p. ant thats for a power aerial so it will turn on and off with the radio

Cool I'll Give It A Shot, Complete Noob :D.

ya have to start somewhere

• Advertisement

Just One Last thing i Have Nout To Ground To Would It Be ok To just Attached A Nut & Bolt To Ground The AMp

ya could use any bolt in the boot, when ya pull down ur seats ya could loosen one of the bolts and put it under that

I got everything hooked up, Power To battery, Ground To bolt in Boot, Remote Wire To Head Unit, Amp Is Powering on & Off With car,

Checked All Wires All Good. No BOOOM comin from woofer when i get to about 10 on the volume setting on the headunit everything gets all distorted, ANy Ideas???

turn the gain and freq down to bout half way they both look to be up full and what radio have ya got

SOME PIECE OF CRAP THAT WAS IN IT WHEN I BOUGHT IT THINKS ITS RIPSPEED DV-720 OR SOMETHIN

**** CAPS SORRY

turned the gain down and the Freq still nothing, everthing seems to be on, the distorting in the speakers stopped but just nout from the sub

I looked at the wiring again, The LED comes on RED dont know if its Supposed To be Green or What...

But i took the REMOTE wire out and the LED goes Off should that not stay on if the 12v wire is connected, i haven't a clue. Gonna give up. Everything seems to be working just not a peep for the sub.

The connections on the back of the sub where ya connect the speaker cable arent like screw in things like on the amp....maybe i just aint got in on right????

Looks like this at the back
    I'm assuming ya put the bare wire throught loop and screw the cap over it....:mad:

DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg

YAY, Finally got it goin. After everything taking it apart bout 20 times turned out it wasn't GROUNDED properly LOL :rolleyes:, Speakers are distorted a bit but i'm sure i just mess with the gain and freq. and that will sort it..I HOPE:D.

Thanks for the help ...Much appreciated

ha ha told ya to make sure ya had a good earth, turn the bass and treble down on the head unit

ha ha told ya to make sure ya had a good earth, turn the bass and treble down on the head unit

Yup That Did It Your A Star Man, Thats What These Boards Are All About, Cheers..

Quite Proud Of Myself I Know It's Probably The Easiest Thing To Do But For Someone Who Hadn't A Damn Clue I Think I Did All Right....

The Finished Product....Still Probably A Crap Setup But Sounds Sweet.

DSC00015-1.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement