Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kilkennny

tommy57 wrote: »
    how did people get on monday regards their fitness test.
    Hay tommy57
    ya i did the fitness test monday too was in the same group as megranny and them shuttle runs are a killer, if your still waiting for the pct make sure you do the runs in the 15 meters and 40 times its really the only sure way you have in knowing if your doing them in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Its getting quite around here.How are the new recruits in portlaoise getting on?Any news for the rest of us?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rock99

Hi probably a silly question but does anyone know if another recuritment campaign is planned in the near future?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

Rock99 wrote: »
    Hi probably a silly question but does anyone know if another recuritment campaign is planned in the near future?

hows it going man theres still people from the 07 recruitment on this thread and then you have lads from the 08 recruitment still waiting on interviews.I doubt the prison service will have another recruitment within the next 3 years at least .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Scatman81

Guys how many people that post here are on the '07 panel? im thinking megranny.kilkenny and tommy57 anybody else??it seems the guys that started 3 weeks ago have abandoned us!!Their 9 weeks training finishes the end of oct so there might be a class starting before xmas!??:(

• Advertisement

Alright man i tried getting a thread going regards that question and no replies. think as you said the usual suspects think dropsey is another one though he may of started a few weeks ago. i,m defo one anyway.

Tommy let me know when you hear about the clearance and when you do make sure to ask them your number on the panel and when you could start!you might as well ask them for next weeks lotto numbers:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 megranny

hey lads yes im 07 and killkennny is aswell,when we did are PCT test one of the officers said that they hope to get the go ahead for another class in oct but that is not DEFO yet,as they have to get clearnce first from finance. As for the security clearence,if i was you,i would get on the phone in the morning and start asking MAJOR questions,its a joke it takes so long,and you are missing out on places cos it is taken so long.

supposedly all the 07 were meant to be processed last week.but you would,nt know whats happening .on the garda recruitment someone reckons 60 more prison officers are going to be trained before xmas so who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Announced yesterday by Dermot Ahern. Even more light to give us hope.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0915/justice.html

• Advertisement

got an email back off ips and they said they are currently going through applications from 07 regarding our applications but to rest assured tht when their processed we,ll know. trying to be positive at least we know their been looked at. hopefully this helps people in the same situation as me.

anyone got anymore news on whats going on?? its gone very Quite in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kilkennny

hey megranny, no news still hoping that it wont be long more you would nearly be temped to ring the ips and see if they had any news

Hey guys you will prob get the same old reply from the ips.If the next class starts the end of oct how much notice do you think we will get??

i think the last class that start got about 3 weeks notice i think or just a little under that. i wish they would hurry up and let us know when we will start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 recruit po

Gone very quiet here lads, anyone heard anything?
    Any of the lads that went in in Sept been on? :confused:

I rang the IPS the other day,all i know is that im in the next group to start training,the lady on the phone said that they have applyed for finance for us so they are waiting for the go ahead from them. The group who started in sept are nearly finished i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 spursfan79

Im just wondering if any guys in the 07 group know if they the last of that recruitment?? Also if you get through interview and tests, how long could it be before you get started on training?? Im on the 08 list and awaiting interview but nothin moving on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

hello, im part of the 07 recruitment. ive giving up hope of ever being called so im just trying to forget about it. with the way the economy is gone i could be waiting another two yrs.

spursfan79 wrote: »
    Im just wondering if any guys in the 07 group know if they the last of that recruitment?? Also if you get through interview and tests, how long could it be before you get started on training?? Im on the 08 list and awaiting interview but nothin moving on it...

Hey spursfan79,i did my interview in july last year and medical in Aug i think it was last year as well,then i got called for my fitness test in sept just gone,and im just waiting now to be called for training. It is a VERY long wait alright.

• Advertisement

bano12 wrote: »
    hello, im part of the 07 recruitment. ive giving up hope of ever being called so im just trying to forget about it. with the way the economy is gone i could be waiting another two yrs.
    Have you got your security check back yet bano12??? or have you done your fitness test yet?

same boat man 15 months waiting on security clearance

bano12 wrote: »
    Lad if you have passed everything on the '07 you wont be waiting anywhere near 2 years so keep the faith.The current group in training finish the end of the month so we should know more then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

I rang them about 2 months ago and I didnt have sercurity clearance so I haven't been called for fitness test either. So its probably going to be next year sometime before I get any news. anyone else in 07??

• Registered Users Posts: 37 spursfan79

megranny wrote: »
    Hey spursfan79,i did my interview in july last year and medical in Aug i think it was last year as well,then i got called for my fitness test in sept just gone,and im just waiting now to be called for training. It is a VERY long wait alright.
    thanks for that megranny! thats unreal...i think ill come back and log on in 6 months and see how things moving!:(

tommy57 wrote: »
    same boat man 15 months waiting on security clearance
    Tommy57 have you rang the IPS and asked them what the story is with that, i thought i was bad waiting just over a year for mine.bloody hell if i was you i would be going mad. Dont bother with the public jobs they couldn care.

yeah man rang them and i was told that the the rest of the lads from 07 had to be processed within 2 weeks and that was 6 weeks ago. I think they just fog you off when if they told you were you stood it would be a bit better,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hotter

try waiting over six years like some of us had to while they tried to get the new low rate of pay in for rpos

hotter wrote: »
    try waiting over six years like some of us had to while they tried to get the new low rate of pay in for rpos
    Hey hotter bloody hell 6 years now that is a long wait,bloody hell im thinking you win the waiting game!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hotter

I don't think that you will be waiting as long as us due to the fact that large numbers of staff retiring will have to be replaced plus they will require more staff for the extra prison spaces that will be due to come on line soon

Advertisement