Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hotter

as far as i know its 35 but their is a recuirtment freeze at the moment.

It has been changed a few years ago . One must be over 18 and under 60 to apply but to be sure ring ips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 plas69

i just got word that a class of 42 are goin in trainin 23rd of this month. we should get word in next few days. i was starting to give up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

hotter wrote: »
    It has been changed a few years ago . One must be over 18 and under 60 to apply but to be sure ring ips

To be honest thats what I thought but I couldnt find where I read it so I stuck up the other links figuring someone might come upon it. Call to IPS might be the way to go alright.
    Irish Prison Service
    IDA Business Park,
    Ballinalee Road,
    Longford,
    Co. Longford
    Telephone: +353 43 33 35100
    Fax: +353 43 33 35371

info @ irishprisons.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

oh thats good news. I havent completed the fitness test so there is prob no hope for me being included..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

plas69 wrote: »
    i just got word that a class of 42 are goin in trainin 23rd of this month. we should get word in next few days. i was starting to give up on it.

That's great news Plas, Like ye I'm waiting for the ban to be lifted to start training with the Guards.
    Alot of talk on the Garda Recruitment forum also about something on the cards for the end of November.
    Hopefully they plan to squeeze a prison service and Garda class in before the budget.

Should know really soon what the story is. Good Luck

• Advertisement

bano12 wrote: »
    oh thats good news. I havent completed the fitness test so there is prob no hope for me being included..
    i dont think u will get called, but im sure their will be another class after we are finished. hopefully things will speed up for everyone else waiting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

anyone from 08 called yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 recruit po

I just rang the IPS there, there are about 80 left on the 07 panel. They are "hoping" to get a class in before Christmas and are "hoping" to get going on the 08 panel after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 0x0121

hotter wrote: »
    sent ips an e-mail and the 35 age rule no longer exists, yippeee!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 megranny

wooohoooo i got the golden phone call today,starting training on te 23rd of this month,wooohooo. anyone else get the call??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

megranny wrote: »
    wooohoooo i got the golden phone call today,starting training on te 23rd of this month,wooohooo. anyone else get the call??

Best of luck to all who got the shout to go, can only be a good sign for the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Scatman81

Got the call to start as well its been a long time coming:Dsee you guys on the 23rd:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

lucky so and so's. just hope i'll be getting the same call in the future

i just got the call too. i will show ye lads the best bars in town.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

congrats to everyone maybe this will put to bed rumours that the training facility was been closed at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

wexfjord wrote: »

References to McDonalds are simply to make a point, that Prison Officers are not nearly as valued by government or society as they should be. Get yourself a happy meal and move on.

Prison officers stabbed trying to halt inmate fight - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 recruit po

Congrats to those that got the call. Make sure to come back and tell us how you get on.

Good luck.

does anybody know do we stay in the training center or do we find our own place to stay when we are training?

does anybody know do we stay in the training center or do we find our own place to stay when we are training?

Accom is provided in the training centre. If its full then an alternative will be provided.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congratulations to all those who were successful in getting the job. I hope you guys enjoy long, happy and safe careers.

• Advertisement

480905 wrote: »
    Accom is provided in the training centre. If its full then an alternative will be provided.
    Thanks 48095

anyone know when we get our contracts in the post?

Think we get the contracts during the week.So how many of us got the call??myself,megranny,plas69?i would have thought there would be more?
    Any idea what Portlaoise is like? as in is it like boot camp:D or fairly relaxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kilkennny

Scatman81 wrote: »
    Think we get the contracts during the week.So how many of us got the call??myself,megranny,plas69?i would have thought there would be more?
    Any idea what Portlaoise is like? as in is it like boot camp:D or fairly relaxed?
    Hey scatman, i got the call yesterday too, couldnt tell you what it will be like think there a good bit to be covered we wont have to long to wait till we know anyway.

Good stuff!thats true since its crammed into 9 weeks,as you say we will know soon enough......

im from port and i hear a lot about the training. not at all like boot camp, im told its quite interesting. we are lucky that the x-mas will break it 4 us. looks like theirs only the 4 of us from this thread going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Thanks 48095

Just Noticed Bad Observation there... YOU said 48095...When it should be 480905...

Things like this you'll have to brush up on...:cool:

LoanShark wrote: »
    Just Noticed Bad Observation there... YOU said 48095...When it should be 480905...

Jesus........

LoanShark wrote: »

who died and made you the typo King???? little to be doing

• Advertisement

480905 wrote: »
    Jesus........
    HAHAHA in all fairness. all you can do is laugh.

Advertisement