Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Lads,
    I was having a joke...

Had I put this :D instead of this :cool:, Maybe you'd have seen the lighter side..Because you know Observation..Prisons etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

LoanShark wrote: »
    Lads,
    I was having a joke...

Had I put this :D instead of this :cool:, Maybe you'd have seen the lighter side..Because you know Observation..Prisons etc..

House Rules

You must leave your sense of humour in the cloakroom

No runners or soccer jerseys

wexfjord wrote: »
    House Rules

You must leave your sense of humour in the cloakroom

No runners or soccer jerseys

I must have missed that memo...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Loanshark me oul flower ,Fair enough, maybe was a bit harsh on you . But I don't want to piss on anyones parade that are joining up or are just started , Its not all its cracked up to be. The IPS should be far more forward thinking and less driven by different personalities and factions.It would be a far more productive organisation if people could leave grudges aside and just get on with the job.

Not paying attention eh!

• Advertisement

I totally agree with you.. It would be a better service if as you say grudges are left outside, But I think it will be long time before any of these changes come into play..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bubs1967

got the phone call last week delighted for the 23rd the wait is over thank god see ye in two weeks!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 megranny

Iv never been so excited about a post man coming to the house,wooohoooo contracts are coming this week. So how many of us on this are starting on the 23rd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bubs1967

42 of us grand to get in before xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pmcb_aura

Hi folks
    which year are you from? anyone from the most recent campaign get a call yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 plas69

we are from 07 campaign. from what i gather nobody from 08 has been called yet for interview, their should be about 40 or so left from 07 group.

pmcb_aura wrote: »
    Hi folks
    which year are you from? anyone from the most recent campaign get a call yet?
    There should be the makings of one more class from 07 and then its our chance to step up. First sixty of 08 have received no word as yet of interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Scatman81

Guys i got the contract this morn.. any of ye get asked to take another hearing test?because it has been 6 months since the last one was done??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kilkennny

Scatman81 wrote: »
    Guys i got the contract this morn.. any of ye get asked to take another hearing test?because it has been 6 months since the last one was done??
    Hey scatman81,
    ya i have to go and have another test done too id say we all do its been that long since they were done my first 1 was done in june of 2008.

i have 2 do hearin test again aswell. looks like we all have to do it. better off to try get it done before we go in. might not have much time once we start.

Guys if ye havent rang up places about the hearing tests ye should do it asap a lot of the places are booked out for weeks.Closest appointment i could get was sat.Im not sure if we have to have it done before we start training??

Scatman81 wrote: »
    Guys if ye havent rang up places about the hearing tests ye should do it asap a lot of the places are booked out for weeks.Closest appointment i could get was sat.Im not sure if we have to have it done before we start training??

What did ya say there sonny?

we have until 11th of dec to have them in

plas69 wrote: »
    we have until 11th of dec to have them in
    Thats good cause its hard to get an appointment at short notice think we send the hearing test report to the Chief medical officer??

bubs1967 wrote: »
    got the phone call last week delighted for the 23rd the wait is over thank god see ye in two weeks!:D

Start on the 23rd???

on strike on the 24th!!!
    Welcome to the Prison service. It'll all be fun and games .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Big fat warden

This thread is gas lads!I am a prison officer in Dublin.Lads its not such a bad job as some people are making out.It is well paid after a couple of years.Once you get the 2 years over its grand although thats not bad because they pay you to get your degree,how bad can that be?

480905 wrote: »
    Accom is provided in the training centre. If its full then an alternative will be provided.

Your wrong there bud,If its full its full.I was told that they wont be paying for the hotel again.

This thread is gas lads!I am a prison officer in Dublin.Lads its not such a bad job as some people are making out.It is well paid after a couple of years.Once you get the 2 years over its grand although thats not bad because they pay you to get your degree,how bad can that be?

Welcome to our world. Dont get too many serving PO's here. Whats your background, any advice for potential recruits.

Get ready for mushroom soup. Mushrooms in f@@cking everything. You'll see what I mean when you get into the training for a few weeks.

Get ready for mushroom soup. Mushrooms in f@@cking everything. You'll see what I mean when you get into the training for a few weeks.

Apparently things are different on the job, theres not "mushroom" in the prisons these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

if your so unhappy with the prison service leave !! appreciate what you have alot of people here would swap position with you no bothar,

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Electrician

Hey big fat warden,
    Is there many officers retiring in your prison this year?

i like mushrooms:D

Hey big fat warden,
    Is there many officers retiring in your prison this year?

There has been a good few though I think people are jumping ship because of the upcoming budget.Lads that might have waited for a whileseem to be putting in for retirement now.

• Advertisement

tommy57 wrote: »
    if your so unhappy with the prison service leave !! appreciate what you have alot of people here would swap position with you no bothar,

A little harsh isnt it, is there an angry monster within waiting to be unleashed on the poor unsuspecting guests of the state?

Advertisement