Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

they said it might be the end of the month "hopefully" i rang them today:rolleyes:

Did they add the hopefully or did you???

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

Might be a stupid question, but do anyone know when the prison service will be recruiting???

MRLAZY wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question, but do anyone know when the prison service will be recruiting???

I would imagine it would be at least a couple of years before they recruit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

ok thanks the same as everything else so :(

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 37 spursfan79

lads, who do you ring to find out about when the results of the interviews are out????is it public appointments or the ips.....anyone heard an update??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Ring pas.I spoke to them on thursday and they said they should be in the post early next week.Not to long now.............

• Registered Users Posts: 37 spursfan79

jason99 wrote: »
    Ring pas.I spoke to them on thursday and they said they should be in the post early next week.Not to long now.............
    cheers thanks jason, ill give it another week before i ring so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Results are in boys and girls

24th.

Delighted is an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jobhunter09

Well done Taxipete.

I presume we all got letters today, im stuck in work wont be home til 6, the wait is gonna kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 eibp

Hi lads Ive been watching this thread but this is my first post.I too got my letter today placed 74th.

The letter is a bit vague though.It just says we are pleased to inform you.....bla bla bla.It doesnt say when ill be called to do the medical!

Lads could I be waiting ages for this or what?Should i go ahead and emigrate cos im not working at the moment?:confused:

I would imagine you could be waiting some months, I could be wrong but I think the class sizes are 20, leaving you in the 4th class at best assuming there is nobody left from the 07 panel. I had heard rumours of a few classes been held at the same time with a second training centre been opened in Dublin but I can't really see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

im from the 07 panel and there are a few others. I came back from florida to do my interview thats two years ago now. do not wait around to be called, emigrate and if you really want the job come back for the medical.

thank for the advice.

So basically I will get a job eventually but could be waiting quite a long time.Is this correct?

Bano did you get the job in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

Just received my letter in the post. Didn't make this time. Had a feeling I didn't. Did bad in group and written exercises. Going to send off for feedback just to see excatly what I did wrong. Best of luck to everyone else. Guess this is me finished with this thread. Onto the next one. Psni.

lavman wrote: »
    Just received my letter in the post. Didn't make this time. Had a feeling I didn't. Did bad in group and written exercises. Going to send off for feedback just to see excatly what I did wrong. Best of luck to everyone else. Guess this is me finished with this thread. Onto the next one. Psni.

Unlucky man. Best of luck for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

you'll get the job if you pass the medical and fitness test. no still waiting for my clearance! i was called for the medical soon after the interview so chances are you'll be too. but after the medical you could be in for a long wait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hangman2010

Hey All. My friend has just ranked in the 20's there aswel, think 25 or 26. Assuming they pass the PCT, how soon do ye think he will be starting?

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    Unlucky man. Best of luck for the future.

Hard luck Lavman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hotter

eibp wrote: »
    Hi lads Ive been watching this thread but this is my first post.I too got my letter today placed 74th.

The letter is a bit vague though.It just says we are pleased to inform you.....bla bla bla.It doesnt say when ill be called to do the medical!

Lads could I be waiting ages for this or what?Should i go ahead and emigrate cos im not working at the moment?:confused:

It is thought a large number of staff will retire this year . You are no.74 so you should be called soon.They have had classes of over eighty in training in the past divided into 3 or 4 groups.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hangman2010

what way does the clearance work?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Hard luck lavman , best of luck with the psni.Have to travel down to mayo from dub now to collect my results .

thanks for the replies lads.
    I just rang publicjobs.They have no clue how many will be taken in.
    They told me to ring the IPS but suprise suprise I cant get through.I have a visa being processed for Canada at the moment.Cant decide wether to go or not.If i thought id get called witin the next 6 months id stay here i think!

nothing in life is certain but with this in mind they should be taking on 300 to 400 recruits this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johnnyk11

i got my letter today aswell i placed 64th.does any one hav any idea wat the story is at all.garda clearence usually takes 6 weeks but wil prob take longer wit guards on work to rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Well lads i got my letter this morning got number 108 on the panel which i was quiet happy with because i made a balls of the report writing .

Not sure now what to think though when i started reading the replies this morning i think it could be next year before im called but now im not so sure so i don t really know what to do either .

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

WHERE IS MY FCUKING LETTER????

Since I found out that the replies where out this week I have been up and down to the letter box like a fricking YO-YO and today I got the post but no letter!!! WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Well i got my letter and i placed 147th on the panel.I'll take it,just glad to make it on to the panel at all.But does this mean that i might not get called untill next year.......:confused:

Well i got my letter and i placed 147th on the panel.I'll take it,just glad to make it on to the panel at all.But does this mean that i might not get called untill next year.......:confused:
    if you read my last post you will get your answer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elecpic

Well lads, got my letter today, placed in the mid teens so delighted with that. called both public jobs and ips today but no answer due to industrial action taking place today. Anyone get a date for the next stage? Congrats to all that got the good news, hard luck to those of you that haven't.

Advertisement