Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭po candidate

As far as I know yes
    i see thought was done by ips docs in ballad

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

lads

Is the medical done with your own doctor?

No you get a list of approved Doctors you can attend for the medical. You are under no circumstance allowed use your own Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    As in a few hours to complete??

Doc said that there is a long enough checklist of things to go through and it can take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭po candidate

No you get a list of approved Doctors you can attend for the medical. You are under no circumstance allowed use your own Doctor.
    that makes sence alrite

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Im not trying to be smart here but my doctor is on the list of approved ones does that mean i must avoid her altogether ??

(sorry if this is on the form i didn t have a proper read of it)

• Advertisement

Mick990 wrote: »
    Im not trying to be smart here but my doctor is on the list of approved ones does that mean i must avoid her altogether ??

(sorry if this is on the form i didn t have a proper read of it)

You cannot use her for the Medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

I wont get my hands on the letter till tomorrow.one question ...do you have to undertake the medical in next two weeks or do they have to have the results of your medical back within 2 weeks .?

martingore wrote: »
    I wont get my hands on the letter till tomorrow.one question ...do you have to undertake the medical in next two weeks or do they have to have the results of your medical back within 2 weeks .?

It just says to undertake it in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

LoanShark wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you and Portumna.I rang them today and they siad that they have not heard any word back form the Dept Of Education on the grades or the equivilant of grades..
    I'm gonna keep ringing every other day just to pi55 them off..Its not good enough that here I am almost three weeks later still waiting.. If I get it or not I would still like to know!

im in the same boat as you loanshark, waiting on word from the dept of ed, its a joke at this stage,at the start of this nearly TWO years ago i rang PAS and the IPS and they both told me my qualifications were good enough,,,, now all this crap and what realy pisses me off is now everyone else is off getting medicals e.t.c. and you and i to sit here and do feck all....it would boil your blood:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

man if you think that is bad.. wait till your clearance. im from the 07 crew and still waiting!! i've said it before.. be prepared for disappointment!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

bano12 wrote: »
    man if you think that is bad.. wait till your clearance. im from the 07 crew and still waiting!! i've said it before.. be prepared for disappointment!!!

It is more of the fact that we genuinely dont know where we stand..If I knew tomorrow that I did or did not get in then at least I could plan my next move..
    I am prepared to wait another length of time but for this present time and moment, I dont know if I've passed or failed the interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

Was talking to a girl I know there who works for a nursing/healthcare staff agency some of whom may need Garda clearance, apparently at the moment it is taking 12 weeks for the people they have submitted to the vetting office because the IPS recruits have been pushed to the top of the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

It is more of the fact that we genuinely dont know where we stand..If I knew tomorrow that I did or did not get in then at least I could plan my next move..
    I am prepared to wait another length of time but for this present time and moment, I dont know if I've passed or failed the interview!!
    your spot on there.. none of us know where we are!! it feels like we have to extract info out of them.

It was stated earlier that anyone who failed recieved a letter. There is no way they holdup a letter saying you failed. The only question is where you finished in the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Hey guys,
    just wondering if i am understanding this form correctly.does the doctor send the medical report and the hearing test results to the chief medical officer....?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jobhunter09

yes Jason

Its states on the bottom of the 1st page that we fill out

"The completed form should be returned by the Medical Examiner"

Thanks,
    just double checking.Getting paranoid that the doctor would loose the form etc etc etc......:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

They wont lose it, thats how they get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

When I did my medical the doctor gave me the envelope and asked me to post it on my way home. He also told me to make sure I sealed it before I posted it.....

How long do you think it will take to hear from the cmo?

• Advertisement

480905 wrote: »
    When I did my medical the doctor gave me the envelope and asked me to post it on my way home. He also told me to make sure I sealed it before I posted it.....

That was a long time ago:P

Can anyone see a pattern developing

Called for interview in Jan

interview in Feb

resilts in March

Medical in April

surely on this logic fitness test in May and start in June:p

Can anyone see a pattern developing

Called for interview in Jan

interview in Feb

resilts in March

Medical in April

surely on this logic fitness test in May and start in June:p

Oh please let it be that simple lol. Would make things a whole lot easier.

Pete trust me we are gonna be called by July, I've had a holiday booked and paid for, for 2nd week July wit a group of the lads(20) since January so known my luck it is a dead cert we'll get the call to start 1st week July, Id love to get the call to start the Monday I get back:p ah cant be selfish though if I get called before then happy days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

just wondering,can you work in the prison in the county you are from ie say you are from limerick,living in limerick could you then work in limerick prison as a po or would it be a case of being sent anywhere but there?

From what I know of it, you'll be in Dublin for a few years and you may eventually get a job in Limerick. There's nothing stopping you from working in your own county. Long wait ahead for a job in Cork or Limerick, or so I'm led to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hotter

glic83 wrote: »
    just wondering,can you work in the prison in the county you are from ie say you are from limerick,living in limerick could you then work in limerick prison as a po or would it be a case of being sent anywhere but there?
    Due to the large numbers of staff recruited over the past three years ,there is a large waiting list to transfer down to Limerick,Midlands and Cork. So for anybody starting soon be prepared to spend a long time in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NOVICE-REFURB

Right Lads, Marked 33 ( didnt even know this thread was here, interview done, sercuity clearance sent off and audio book, followed by medial in the morning, worked out my BMI and im just over 30 at 30.8 ( kinda scared) -
    The fitness test = I know they have given us then infor and i doesnt seem that hard, but i was reading a post, and the guy failed it by 4 seconds!!, i reckon it'll be ok.

Anyone got any more detail on it ?

And yes i'd say we're lined up for july !!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

My BMI is just over 30 as well. Can we fail the medical because of this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hotter

youngsam wrote: »
    My BMI is just over 30 as well. Can we fail the medical because of this?
    as far as i know it is up to the cmo to decide that . For example your bmi could be high because of muscle and not fat.

Advertisement