Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

dromdrom wrote: »
    IPS Training and Development Centre (Beladd House) , Dublin Road , Portlaoise,
    11.am on Friday the 21st of may

well done hopefully a few more will be there with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

They musnt be sending them out in batch or only a certain amount because there is usually a flurry of activity in here when anything happens .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Got the call from home. The letter came, Fri 21st.

One last hurdle. C'MON

well done pete !!

Same to you too Martin. Fingers crossed all the hard work will pay off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

I have the step test on Friday and i would hope to be in the first group for the physical if i get through the step test. I placed no 11 after the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 user1999

Just got word from home that i got a letter today too. Have to go next friday 21st for the next stage. Better get running and fit asap me thinks.....!!!!! I have to be there at 8am in the morning. I was placed in the top ten after the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

And the wheels are turning again....Not be Long now Boys and Girls!

Good luck to all those who are in the group...(Don't forget us lot,that are still waiting on the bench!)

I presume the fact that we are being called for the PCT means that the clearance is back??

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    I presume the fact that we are being called for the PCT means that the clearance is back??

No i wouldn't say so ,it could take 12/16 weeks to process the background checks , when i rang last time i was told they would be progressing with or without the clearance from the Guards ,just to have a class ready to start immediately once they get the go ahead to hire .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

LoanShark wrote: »
    And the wheels are turning again....Not be Long now Boys and Girls!

Good luck to all those who are in the group...(Don't forget us lot,that are still waiting on the bench!)

What position are you in after the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

I'm placed 96 after the interview and didn't get the letter:mad:.Wonder what number it went up to get a letter?my mate got it and he is in the 60's!!!

darkmark79 wrote: »
    No i wouldn't say so ,it could take 12/16 weeks to process the background checks , when i rang last time i was told they would be progressing with or without the clearance from the Guards ,just to have a class ready to start immediately once they get the go ahead to hire .

Thats fair enough I suppose. I will just be glad to get this out of the way.

I'm placed 96 after the interview and didn't get the letter:mad:.Wonder what number it went up to get a letter?my mate got it and he is in the 60's!!!

Im 82nd and got no letter:mad: hopefully tomorrow............

This last stage, is the only stage i have been worrying about. The 40X15 shuttles to be exact!!! Anyone have any ideas on how to get my time down?? I am currently 20 seconds over the 210seconds allowed.

user1999 wrote: »
    This last stage, is the only stage i have been worrying about. The 40X15 shuttles to be exact!!! Anyone have any ideas on how to get my time down?? I am currently 20 seconds over the 210seconds allowed.

I know how you feel my legs turn to jelly for the last 10 runs , i may just keep training hopefully it'll be easier on the day when you have other people alongside you to pace yourself off.

early 40's here and no letter....hopefully tomorrow

I know how you feel my legs turn to jelly for the last 10 runs , i may just keep training hopefully it'll be easier on the day when you have other people alongside you to pace yourself off.

im the same, after 30 shuttles my legs dont feel like their apart of my body anymore!! Glad im not the only one. You do the shuttles in doors on the day, so im hoping the extra grip of the surface will help just that little bit. I will crawl over the line if i have to, and die later once ive passed!!!! Fingers crossed anyways!!!!

im the same, after 30 shuttles my legs dont feel like their apart of my body anymore!! Glad im not the only one. You do the shuttles in doors on the day, so im hoping the extra grip of the surface will help just that little bit. I will crawl over the line if i have to, and die later once ive passed!!!! Fingers crossed anyways!!!!

Well we've come this far I'm sure well see it to the end :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dorothymantooth

hey lads got the letter myself today. i was placed number 40 . is it really true that starting salary is 19k? that really is poor when taking rent and bills into account. i was just wondering if that is just basic and will you actually be earning a little more once your out of beladd house and in an actual prison?

• Advertisement

Dont think of them as 40 15m runs. Think of it as 20 runs counting up and back as one. Psychologically you will find it easier.

Dont try doing it by yourself. Have someone timing you and motivating you as you go. Its all about getting the pace right as you wont have any help on the day.

If you can get your time to within a few seconds before the test the extra adrenaline on the day will push you that bit faster.

AFAIK it s the last test on the day so you will be totally focused on the fact that if you run your heart out for a little over 3 mins you will have what you want. A little pain for alot of gain

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey Lads,

Firstly congratulations to the lads who got there PT i hope ya s all get through it .

Secondly to the lads who got there step test are you all in the low numbers ?? I was 108 and my bmi was over 30 so i was expecting one of those letters but never got it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jobhunter09

I'm Friday the 21st at 11 myself, looking forward to it now, was made redundant at the start the week so very lucky I have this coming up hopefully wont have to wait too much longer now!

I'm Friday the 21st at 11 myself, looking forward to it now, was made redundant at the start the week so very lucky I have this coming up hopefully wont have to wait too much longer now!

Good lad best of luck.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Mick990 wrote: »
    Hey Lads,

Firstly congratulations to the lads who got there PT i hope ya s all get through it .

Secondly to the lads who got there step test are you all in the low numbers ?? I was 108 and my bmi was over 30 so i was expecting one of those letters but never got it ??

AFAIK i'm the only 1 on here that's been called to do the step test. My BMI was 31.9. Some others on here that had a BMI of 31 weren't called to do this and have just got their letter about doing the PCT. I was placedd 11th after interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

Im 82nd and got no letter:mad: hopefully tomorrow............
    Hey darkman,did you get a letter today?I got nothing so presume this group is not for me,maybe next one i'm guessing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hotter

has anyone been told when to expect to start training after they pass the pct ?

Hey darkman,did you get a letter today?I got nothing so presume this group is not for me,maybe next one i'm guessing?

NO letter ,i was watching for the postman all morning just to see him drive by....:mad:

youngsam wrote: »
    What position are you in after the interview?

Hi,
    I finished 150 after the interview...
    So hopefully I won't be waiting all that long...

• Advertisement

You timed that well!

Advertisement