Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

Hi i just rang the IPS and was told they are only calling the first 60 candidates for now!!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

darkmark79 wrote: »
    Hi i just rang the IPS and was told they are only calling the first 60 candidates for now!!!!!!:mad:
    Cool;)!at least we know the situation now,hopefully wont be too long.Have a holiday on june 4th so hopefully I hear nothin till after that

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jobhunter09

Cool;)!at least we know the situation now,hopefully wont be too long.Have a holiday on june 4th so hopefully I hear nothin till after that

I've a holiday paid for on the 11th July, whats the bets we'll get called for training(provided test + clearence goes well) on monday the 12th!!!!! I was in the low 20's!! In one way i'd be delighted and in another i'll be thinking "why couldnt they just wait one more week":P

Does anyone know when or if the current crop are finished there training in Bellad??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tonyosh

Got my letter today 21st may in beladd.was also talkin to an officer UNOFFICALLY, anyone who passes the medical wil start training the tuesday after june bank holiday he didn't mention group sizes

tonyosh wrote: »
    Got my letter today 21st may in beladd.was also talkin to an officer UNOFFICALLY, anyone who passes the medical wil start training the tuesday after june bank holiday he didn't mention group sizes
    Do you mean physical mate?I've passed the medical but awaiting physical!

• Advertisement

Do you mean physical mate?I've passed the medical but awaiting physical!

Ooops there goes your holiday croc....:D

Ooops there goes your holiday croc....:D
    not yet mate!cant start until physical is done and haven't been called for that yet so.......I dunno:confused:

yeah sorry the physical on the 21st of may in beladd house at 11 i did my medical about 3 weeks ago and got the letter today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

tonyosh wrote: »
    yeah sorry the physical on the 21st of may in beladd house at 11 i did my medical about 3 weeks ago and got the letter today

Obviously it was unofficial info you got, but how sure was the person you spoke to?? Was it just rumour he heard or something more concrete??

He is in the plaois prison and was talkin to some one in beladd.e said were startin then but its not 100%.he hasnt put me wrong yet tho!

• Advertisement

Hmmmm,at the end f the day it's all down to the poxy finance dept.They delegate when IPS can take people.I heard ages ago that they gave the go ahead for 200,hence all the interviews and medicals etc.We will just have to play it by year and see what happens.Best of luck to all doin the physical next week.Keep us all informed what it's like and how you get on.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Got my letter this morning ..thursday , thought I'd missed out after taking the medical a week late .Dying to get the physical out of the way , no more obstacles after that than to just wait.

martingore wrote: »
    Got my letter this morning ..thursday , thought I'd missed out after taking the medical a week late .Dying to get the physical out of the way , no more obstacles after that than to just wait.

Best of luck martin and everyone else doing the physical next week ,keep us informed as to how you get on.

Lads just checking the news this morning and came across thishttp://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ni-prison-officers-issued-with-body-armour-457554.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Rang the IPS yesterday and was told even if all is ok with the step test today i won't be going in for the physical with the group next friday. I asked if this pushes me further down the order then and was told that they are in the process of organising another PCT but he didn't have the details of it sorted yet. He said that this would be done before anyone is called in for training as no1 on the list has security clearance so i wouldn't be passed out by anyone doing the PCT before me. So all those waiting on the PCT it looks like there'll be another one done in the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

thats good news so considering im from the 07 crew seeing 08 lads being called in before me for pct.. sickening! im not bitter or anything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

bano12 wrote: »
    thats good news so considering im from the 07 crew seeing 08 lads being called in before me for pct.. sickening! im not bitter or anything..

If i were you i'd ring them and ask to be put forward for the PCT now cause they are putting through the 08 group with no security clearance. I was told yesterday the not 1 person on the 08 panel that are doing the PCT now have security clearance.

I would ring them and ask them out straight are you still being considered because it seems ridiculous that they would call us for PCTs without clearance when you are in the same boat only waiting a few years longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

rang them yesterday and i asked straight out was i waisting my time, he said no wait another week!!??. so maybe there will be another physical coming soon. an no1 is guaranteed a spot in the next class even if they pass the pct

rang them yesterday and i asked straight out was i waisting my time, he said no wait another week!!??. so maybe there will be another physical coming soon. an no1 is guaranteed a spot in the next class even if they pass the pct

Fingers crossed you get good news in a week so.

Obviously if the clearance is not complete yet then there is always a chance that people might be rejected or held up even if they do pass the PCT.

• Advertisement

Lads just checking the news this morning and came across thishttp://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ni-prison-officers-issued-with-body-armour-457554.html
    I wouldn't be keen on that if I were getting €370 a week!!!!!:eek:

No way mate,i'd have been straight on the phone wanting answers!seeing as its order of merit you should be top of the bunch.I don't know what is going on???I'm seeing a friend of mine on sunday who is high up in the service so i'll see if he can give me an insight into what is goin on and if he could find out if there is another physical date coming up.(PLEASE DONT BE BETWEEN JUNE 4TH AND 13TH!!!)keep you posted!

[QUOTE=PLEASE DONT BE BETWEEN JUNE 4TH AND 13TH!!!)keep you posted![/QUOTE]

You really wanna go on this holiday mate dont you ha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I wasa talking to a guy this morning who is also in the running and was telling him about the physical happening next week,He told me that another guy we know is up next friday who placed in the 70-90 position!!

You really wanna go on this holiday mate dont you ha:)
    The amount of **** i've been thru the last 12 months I deserve it!!!!

"I wasa talking to a guy this morning who is also in the running and was telling him about the physical happening next week,He told me that another guy we know is up next friday who placed in the 70-90 position!!"
    What the hell is goin on?seems to be all over the place!although my mate is 68 and he got called for next fri.I'm wondering are there ppl not getting through and dropping out and is that pushing ppl up the list???

There would definitley have to be another physical date coming up.If they only called 60 something and some might fail that or not get clearance , it would leave a threadbare panel.Probably can only manage certain number per day for the physical so Im sure there will be another date called soon.

One of the guys who posted above who is being sent for the step test , the prison service wouldnt bother unless there was another date being set in my opinion.

The amount of **** i've been thru the last 12 months I deserve it!!!!

"I wasa talking to a guy this morning who is also in the running and was telling him about the physical happening next week,He told me that another guy we know is up next friday who placed in the 70-90 position!!"
    What the hell is goin on?seems to be all over the place!although my mate is 68 and he got called for next fri.I'm wondering are there ppl not getting through and dropping out and is that pushing ppl up the list???

I would say that guys like Portumna who is very high on the list but had to do the step test has also pushed people up for this particular PCT.

Also dont rule out drop-outs

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    I would say that guys like Portumna who is very high on the list but had to do the step test has also pushed people up for this particular PCT.

Also dont rule out drop-outs

I agree with ya there

Where are we all travelling from folks.

I live a two minute walk from Bellad:) handy for the nine weeks(if we ever get called) would rather live in Dublin though. Anyone else local enough or are we all travelling from a good distance??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I was just wondering what the age profile of some of the people who are waiting are??

It's not that its important, I'm just curious! (and I dont really want to be the oldest in the class if I am lucky to get in!!)..I'm 30..

Advertisement