Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

Thanks,

Q1 Was the PCT hard and who counts the shuttle runs 15x40 600m.
    Q2 Were you present when the gov of ballad said a class will be starting in 3-4 weeks?.
    Q3 Are their many retirements in the PS this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

macroman29 wrote: »
    Thanks,

Q1 Was the PCT hard and who counts the shuttle runs 15x40 600m.
    Q2 Were you present when the gov of ballad said a class will be starting in 3-4 weeks?.
    Q3 Are their many retirements in the PS this year.

1, It wasnt any harder than I expected. I trained alot for it and passed fairly easily in the end. The guys administering the tests count the runs. They are not from the prison service.

2, No that was said to the 8 am group apparently

3, I heard a few hundred, but cant say for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

Thanks Taxipete29,

I'd say the croke park agreement will have a bearing on how many retire although i have a friend in the PS and the general view their is they dont thrust the goverment. I'm in the early 400's and i'm 39 like yourself do a lot of training 6 miles plus 5 days a week. Might be 50 before i get the call if at all. Is my training enough as their is a lot of turning in the pct.

macroman29 wrote: »
    Thanks Taxipete29,

I'd say the croke park agreement will have a bearing on how many retire although i have a friend in the PS and the general view their is they dont thrust the goverment. I'm in the early 400's and i'm 39 like yourself do a lot of training 6 miles plus 5 days a week. Might be 50 before i get the call if at all. Is my training enough as their is a lot of turning in the pct.

Your training is loads, trust me you will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 user1999

The first group to start training will start on the 14/16th of June. The next pct is on the 11th of june. There will be another group to start training in mid july also. So thats two groups of 40ish starting in the next two months. Also the fail rate on the 21st of May out of 70 people, 20 didnt turn up, 9 failed and the rest passed. Got all this info from three different sources and they all confirmed the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

user1999 wrote: »
    The first group to start training will start on the 14/16th of June. The next pct is on the 11th of june. There will be another group to start training in mid july also. So thats two groups of 40ish starting in the next two months. Also the fail rate on the 21st of May out of 70 people, 20 didnt turn up, 9 failed and the rest passed. Got all this info from three different sources and they all confirmed the same.

Thats a lot of precise information. Great news if true. If the next PCT is on the 11th of June shouldn't we hear something soon.

Oh please let this be true.

I would imagine if the PCT is on the 11th anyone involved will get a letter by Wed. That was the notice period we got for ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bano12

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    Oh please let this be true.

I would imagine if the PCT is on the 11th anyone involved will get a letter by Wed. That was the notice period we got for ours.
    the next pct is on the 11th i got my letter last friday. if i do pass i'll prob be looking at the class in july.i suppose there wouldnt be a chance of starting in the next class?? that wouldnt be too bad considering im waiting since 07..

bano12 wrote: »
    the next pct is on the 11th i got my letter last friday. if i do pass i'll prob be looking at the class in july.i suppose there wouldnt be a chance of starting in the next class?? that wouldnt be too bad considering im waiting since 07..

That has been some wait alright. At least your on your way now. Best of luck with the physical and anyone else on here that is doing it the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

Did anybody from the 08 campaign get a letter for the PCT on the 11th of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

Congrats on finally been remembered , hopefully i'll be there with you on the 11th haven't got word yet but fingers crossed :)

youngsam wrote: »
    Did anybody from the 08 campaign get a letter for the PCT on the 11th of June.

No word yet but i'll be stalking the postman for the next few days til i get some thing...................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NOVICE-REFURB

that is excellent news!!!! I take it, since as was passed, we are in , just have to wait on the letter !!!

do you know if the IPS will confirm this ? Delighted !

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

great news ...hope we get a letter this week so I can bugger off on holidays for a few days .To anyone worrying about the pct , if you are doing any training , you should be grand .

martingore wrote: »
    great news ...hope we get a letter this week so I can bugger off on holidays for a few days .To anyone worrying about the pct , if you are doing any training , you should be grand .

DITTO!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 phillips

Thats excellent, when I rang ips, they couldn't tell me anything. Is that a definite start date?

phillips wrote: »
    Thats excellent, when I rang ips, they couldn't tell me anything. Is that a definite start date?
    #
    When did you phone mate?? I phoned last wed and they could tell me nothing

phoned first thing this morning, was talking to a girl who couldn't tell me anything, she said that they'll give us a much notice as they can possibly give but have no details of start dates yet. We could do with knowin when to give notice for work etc.

phoned first thing this morning, was talking to a girl who couldn't tell me anything, she said that they'll give us a much notice as they can possibly give but have no details of start dates yet. We could do with knowin when to give notice for work etc.

Yeah was told the same last week. The guy told me though that they are the 2nd last to know and we are the last. He said its just not always possible to give much notice and thats just the way it works in there.

I have confidence( or is that just blind hope) in this latest rumour though.

Is it mainly lads that got through, I was in the 8am group and only one girl got in. I think 3 or 4 out of our group failed -the 40x15m shuttles was where people failed. You can't repeat the run on the day, you'll have to do the repeat all the test again on another day, 3 07 repeats did the retest with us.

• Advertisement

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    Yeah was told the same last week. The guy told me though that they are the 2nd last to know and we are the last. He said its just not always possible to give much notice and thats just the way it works in there.

I have confidence( or is that just blind hope) in this latest rumour though.

Like you, I'm grasping at it too, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I was talking to a serving officer last night, and he told things are going to happen VERY SOON..He said three prisons are severly under staffed and they need to be sorted out soon....

I'm waiting on my letter for my physical.....I finished 150 on the panel..

LoanShark wrote: »
    I was talking to a serving officer last night, and he told things are going to happen VERY SOON..He said three prisons are severly under staffed and they need to be sorted out soon....

I'm waiting on my letter for my physical.....I finished 150 on the panel..[/QUOTE

Hopefully you'll be called for the next pct - you should be, especially when you're placed 150. Just can't wait to get in now,we're waiting for it for so long now....nearly a form of torture or part of the recruitment process to test patience

Got a letter today in the post about the retest for the PCT. Am booked in for 8am on the 11th June. Fingers crossed!!!! (oh and i am from the 2008 panel)
    I heard only one girl out of 9 girls got through on the 21st May, so cant have her being on her own!!!
    Bring on the 11th!!!!

Got a letter today in the post about the retest for the PCT. Am booked in for 8am on the 11th June. Fingers crossed!!!! (oh and i am from the 2008 panel)
    I heard only one girl out of 9 girls got through on the 21st May, so cant have her being on her own!!!
    Bring on the 11th!!!!

Thats great, best of luck with it- it will be no problem to you!!

Bring on the 11th!!!!

Best of luck hope you get it this time.

Thats great, best of luck with it- it will be no problem to you!!

well i missed it by 4 seconds the last time and was raging!! Hadnt a clue where i was and what shuttle i was on. So im counting this time myself and putting in the extra vroom when needed. I'd would recommend others doing the test, to do the same. Keep count yourself, so you know when your coming near the end and when to pick up the pace.

How certain are you on the 14/16th, cause im getting really relaxed in work now hahaha, dying to give notice!!!

Well i got the dates off people in the top end of the training and recruit section. They were the ones that told me early last week that i would be getting a letter to do the re-test for the PCT on the 11th, and i recieved the letter confirming that today. They havent put me wrong yet.

But dont give your notice till you recieve written confirmation of that......Anything could happen, especially with the croke park deal thingy looming!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Didn't get my letter for the PCT today so i rang the IPS there and was told the letter will be in the post this week, should have it by Wednesday. I'm in on the 11th at 11. Here's hoping i don't drag this out any longer for myself like i have been doing already!

Advertisement