Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

Hope they go to 96. Going home at lunch to check if letter is there. Fingers crossed!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

youngsam wrote: »
    Hope they go to 96. Going home at lunch to check if letter is there. Fingers crossed!!!!!

let us know if you get the call young sam.good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 limerickguy

I finished in the top 120, postman just gone and no letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey lads i finished 107 and i got no letter . Ill have to do the step test anyway but i taught i might have got a letter for that but nothing .

Best of luck to everyone who got called for the PCT i hope you all sail through it

No letter today.:mad: This whole process is bloody annoying! Hopefully something tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 limerickguy

What number were you youngsam

What number were you youngsam

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jobhunter09

Just got phone call from IPS start day.........................14 june wohooooooooo(miss my holiday though ah well:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

Just got phone call from IPS start day.........................14 june wohooooooooo(miss my holiday though ah well:P)

ah well done ,congrats,i'd sat you're over the moon now.:D:D:D:D

Congratulations Jobhunter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jobhunter09

darkmark79 wrote: »
    ah well done ,congrats,i'd sat you're over the moon now.:D:D:D:D

Cheers Darksman, yeah delighted :D:D. A week in cyprus woulda been nice and ill have to listen to stories fron 17 lads every week for a year but worth it wen most dem collecting the dole:D

Just glad the waits finally over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

well done .....anxious now waiting for my phonecall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what number were you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Well done jobhunter09.its great to see someone starting soon.let us all know what you think of the training etc.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Im in. Got the call to start the 14th. Over the moon is an understatement. To top it off I started a 10 day holiday from work today :D. Not going abroad but a few days in the country will have me all set for the off. Couldnt of happened better if I planned it.

Congrats to you Jobhunter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    Im in. Got the call to start the 14th. Over the moon is an understatement. To top it off I started a 10 day holiday from work today :D. Not going abroad but a few days in the country will have me all set for the off. Couldnt of happened better if I planned it.

Well done lads. Feeling a bit sorry for myself here now that i'm not starting with ye but hopefully the prediction of a class in mid july comes through and we'll be seeing ye down there for a few weeks!

portumna wrote: »
    Well done lads. Feeling a bit sorry for myself here now that i'm not starting with ye but hopefully the prediction of a class in mid july comes through and we'll be seeing ye down there for a few weeks!

Im sure you will mate, the info has been on the money so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

Well done Pete ,ya were blessed with your holidays:D

Fingers crossed for the rest of us;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NOVICE-REFURB

Well done lads!!!! - see ye in 2 wks !!!

Well done lads!!!! - see ye in 2 wks !!!

Same to you mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tonyosh

does anyone know how many got called today?? i was 27th after the interview and passed the physical. no phone call today tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 theirishlad

got the call today,
    but im afraid i turned it down,not enough time to leave my current job and dont wana leave on bad ters.anyone in the same boat.so im hoping i get int he next time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

got the call today,
    but im afraid i turned it down,not enough time to leave my current job and dont wana leave on bad ters.anyone in the same boat.so im hoping i get int he next time now.

That's a brave move mate. You probably won't get much more notice before the next class. If the rumours for mid july are to believed i'd put your employer on notice now and let them know that you won't be able to give much notice if it comes up!

Did he give you any indication if there is another class coming up soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

youngsam wrote: »
    thats my number!!!!!wots goin on there?

thats my number!!!!!wots goin on there?
    Anyone have the number for IPS?I have the form in my hand and i'm 96,they couldnt have given both of us 96 or could they?wanna ring up and sort this out.Still waitin on a letter for pct also.If someone would forward me on the number that would be much appreciated.YOUNGSAM check your number again mate!

Anyone have the number for IPS?I have the form in my hand and i'm 96,they couldnt have given both of us 96 or could they?wanna ring up and sort this out.Still waitin on a letter for pct also.If someone would forward me on the number that would be much appreciated.YOUNGSAM check your number again mate!

Just pm'ed you the number mate.

Just pm'ed you the number mate.
    Got that cheers mate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I just wanted to pop in and congratulate all of those who have been successful in being offered the job. Best of luck guys and gals.

Out of curiousity. How come the wage is high for a prison officer?

I am placed 96. We have obviously scored the same points. The next person would be place 98 if there are not more on 96. I guess thats how it works. Hoping for letter for PCT today, fed up with all the waiting!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johnnyk11

Got a phone call aswell yesterday delighted is an under statement.well done to every one else who got one we wil be seeing each other very soon.Does any one no how long training actually goes on for .I hav heard 9 weeks and 6 weeks

Advertisement