Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

sorry bitterlemon lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

oi i'm a girl! twowheelonly would call me a sheeser probably :rolleyes:
    you're welcome though sweetie :)

I prefer She-warden myself..:p

Where are you based by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

i'm in pats. how is cork treating you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

It's grand, handy enough jail, been here since 2007 and no intention of going anywhere else soon.

Pats is a grand spot. I know quite a few of the lads there. Did quite a few days up there when we had a thing called overtime. Used to have a laugh with all the young fellas thinking that we were all brand new guys.

Is ACO W.F. still up there with ye? Tell him I said hello and see can he figure out who I am. Worked with him in the Base in M/Joy and got promoted around the same time.

I'm off... nights tonight and gotta go get a life for myself in the meantime!!!

Talk Later.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

yep he is. hes just back from IOD.

chat to ya again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Out of curiousity. How come the wage is high for a prison officer?

Its not. Ask the 75 staff on income support across the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Best of luck to everyone on friday and to those who are starting monday.
    hopefully the rest of us will be there soon.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Can one of the serving officers on here possibly let us know what is involved in the Croke Park deal from a prison officers perspective??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey lads,

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if while your doing your college course you're intitled to a student card ??

I know its a little thing but the girlfriend has one and the amount of places she gets discount is unreal could help just a little bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 fedor.2

ya mick,you get a student card. its the only benefit of the course id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

Best of luck to every one attending the pct tomorrow,its getting closer and closer .:D

And a big well done and best of luck to the lucky ones who start on monday hope it works out for eveeryone:):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

Have the people starting on Monday been told if the salary is the same as advertised when we applied?

youngsam wrote: »
    Have the people starting on Monday been told if the salary is the same as advertised when we applied?

Expecting contract today but the confirmation letter I got the other day stated that I was being appointed under the same terms and conditions as were originally advertised. This should mean salary as advertised less the cut that was made in the last budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Best of luck and keep us posted as things develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    Expecting contract today but the confirmation letter I got the other day stated that I was being appointed under the same terms and conditions as were originally advertised. This should mean salary as advertised less the cut that was made in the last budget

Thats good to know Taxipete. Best of luck on Monday.

heard yesterday from the prison service that there is 10 from the 07 campaign starting on monday too .So we can - 10 ourselves on the order of merit.

and there is a second class starting but agin ..the usual "waiting for finance approval"

martingore wrote: »
    heard yesterday from the prison service that there is 10 from the 07 campaign starting on monday too .So we can - 10 ourselves on the order of merit.

and there is a second class starting but agin ..the usual "waiting for finance approval"

Was looking back but couldn't find it but did some one not say that 20 people didn't turn up for last pct. Surely that'll make a difference as well.
    Heres hoping......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johnnyk11

No sign of contract today anyway.Did any one else recieve theirs today.Lets just hope in arrives tomorrow dyin to no wat the story is with everything.best of luck today anyone doin pct.

darkmark79 wrote: »
    Was looking back but couldn't find it but did some one not say that 20 people didn't turn up for last pct. Surely that'll make a difference as well.
    Heres hoping......

Instead of taking the first 40 from the first pct ..they took 30 + 10 from 07 panel.On the merit system it seems that the no shows and the fails didnt mostly take place through numbers 1-30..maybe 1 or 2 at most..I moved up 1 place in the list.

The no shows will benefit people pushing to get into places 30 -70.That will make up the second class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

martingore wrote: »
    Instead of taking the first 40 from the first pct ..they took 30 + 10 from 07 panel.On the merit system it seems that the no shows and the fails didnt mostly take place through numbers 1-30..maybe 1 or 2 at most..I moved up 1 place in the list.

The no shows will benefit people pushing to get into places 30 -70.That will make up the second class.

I think you'll find that's my place. I was made do the step test and am only going to do the PCT tomorrow. Was no 11 before that.

Can i have it back please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 phillips

Anyone receive the contract today? Anyone know startin salary?
    Best of Luck tomorrow with the pct, cheer each other on - it does make a difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

been inside myself so i got to know the prison staff well........a great bunch of lads, i treated them with respect as they never went out of their way to hassle ordinary blokes like myself...id say working with them would be great craic but the atmosphere in our jails is getting worse everyday , several reasons but the percentage of prisoners who are genuinely real bad is getting higher.... most prisoners inside actually get on well with the officers...:cool:

portumna wrote: »
    I think you'll find that's my place. I was made do the step test and am only going to do the PCT tomorrow. Was no 11 before that.

:):):):):):):):):)

portumna wrote: »

lol You can have it back .But I know someone refused the job so that why we moved up perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Electrician

Best of luck to everyone doing the pct tomorrow. I'm in at 11. Hopefully we'll all get good results

Best of luck to all of you doing the PCT tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Best of luck to every1 today. I'll be seeing some of ye at 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Best of luck to all who have their PCT today...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 limerickguy

Can anyone tell me the number they are at in the pct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey Limerick mine is today and i was 107 i think thats the highest ive seen so far

Advertisement