Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

Portumna, do you know when they will inform us about the next class. I really have to give notice to my boss soon if the next class is on the 12th of july.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 theirishlad

youngsma
    there is a class starting mid july,prob the 12th of july...what number are you.im early 80s and i may not be starting for sure.there is no way to know if you will b starting then.what number r u???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

youngsma
    there is a class starting mid july,prob the 12th of july...what number are you.im early 80s and i may not be starting for sure.there is no way to know if you will b starting then.what number r u???
    `
    It all depends on how you do in the pct and how many the prison service are takin on in july.I'm 96 and was told i'd have a letter for the pct for july 2nd so i'm not too sure what the story is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

youngsam wrote: »
    Portumna, do you know when they will inform us about the next class. I really have to give notice to my boss soon if the next class is on the 12th of july.

I was told when i was offered the place in the last class that there is a class on the 12th July. I was also told by officers in the training centre that there is a class starting on 12th July. I'm taking it that this is true and have told my work that i'm leaving in mid July and that as soon as i know the definite date i'll let them know.

If i were you i'd ring the IPS in the morning and talk to Jason in HR. He's usually fairly sound and he might be able to give you some idea if what i think is true!

Cheers for that portumna. I will call him some time this morning.
    Theirishlad, I just presume that I will be in the next class as when I could not start the last class because of the short notice, the person who offered me the position said I would be in the next class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 user1999

Did anyone get a letter today for the PCT on the 2nd??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Sorry for changing topic,but does anyone know what the shield test involves.Do you hold the shield close to you with elbows bent or do you hold it away from your body with your arms straight.

no letter here yet.......hopefully after lunch.

jason99 wrote: »
    Sorry for changing topic,but does anyone know what the shield test involves.Do you hold the shield close to you with elbows bent or do you hold it away from your body with your arms straight.

no letter here yet.......hopefully after lunch.

The sheild test involves holding a shield at a 45deg angle in the air with your arms bent. Your elbows cant be touching your body. But u can prop the top of your arms against your chest for support (i.e. your biceps). You have to hold it like that for a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Postman has passed by......no letter today.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 theirishlad

youngsam i was told the same when i said i couldnt start the last class,i was told id be int he next class...but now from what i make out im being told i wont b in,because there is still people from 07 dloing the pct and they will b getting in this class...

• Advertisement

Got my letter in the post today. Have my repeat PCT on the 2nd. Happy days :).
    I was told if i pass this that i would be more than likely starting on 12th July. I was ranked in the top ten after the interviews from the 08 group.

youngsam i was told the same when i said i couldnt start the last class,i was told id be int he next class...but now from what i make out im being told i wont b in,because there is still people from 07 dloing the pct and they will b getting in this class...

Fair enough, I'm probably in the same boat as you. I don't know why they can't be more transparent with us. Its very annoying. Hopefully we will be starting sometime this year.

I got the letter today thank god,July 2nd beladd house 8am.For some reason I don't think as many letters went out as last time.I got that feeling when I spoke to Ips but then again.Was told that those who pass the pct next fri will most likely be in the July 12th class but as I said things can change last minute as we've seen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

dont understand how the next class will be filled with the next pct when there's loads from the first pct still waiting, the entire second pct ,07 campaign and repeats .

The next class will be mostly filled with the remainder of the 07 panel, the people who turned down the first start date (14th June) (which there was quite a few) and the repeats from the PCT on the 21st May & 11th June. What ever place you we're placed in after the interview, they have to give first preference in order of merit. Security clearance held up a few people getting called also.

contracts being offered tomorrow ...keep your phones on......

user1999 wrote: »
    The next class will be mostly filled with the remainder of the 07 panel, the people who turned down the first start date (14th June) (which there was quite a few) and the repeats from the PCT on the 21st May & 11th June. What ever place you we're placed in after the interview, they have to give first preference in order of merit. Security clearance held up a few people getting called also.
    I turned down the pct on june 11th coz I was abroad so I was told i'd be going down on july 2nd to do it and got the letter today.There's people who are down there now who's number is after mine from the interview.It's really weird the way they've done it,none of it makes sense to me,it has to be security clearance that is holding people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Just home from work and the letter was there,July 2nd...8am.

Looking forward to getting it out of the way now:)

Just home from work and the letter was there,July 2nd...8am.

Looking forward to getting it out of the way now:)
    Ditto!see ye down there devil!

martingore wrote: »
    contracts being offered tomorrow ...keep your phones on......

Thats great news martingore. Did the prison service tell you this today. Hope to get the call.

• Advertisement

yep, they are expecting a batch of clearances tomorrow.Hope Im on it !!

martingore wrote: »
    yep, they are expecting a batch of clearances tomorrow.Hope Im on it !!

I can't wait for that call. I'd presume i'll be getting one as i got one for the last class so i'd take it that my clearance is back already. It'll be such a great feeling typing up my letter of resignation. I've just endured 14 months of the worst job in the world and will take such satisfaction in handing in my notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Julius32

Are these contracts being offered prior to the PCT on the basis that you pass the physical on the day??

Julius32 wrote: »
    Are these contracts being offered prior to the PCT on the basis that you pass the physical on the day??
    +1?

Julius32 wrote: »

Contracts will only be offered to those who have passed the PCT and received security clearance. Once the PCT on 2nd July is complete those who passed may be offered places if any are still available.

As it stands, they have'nt got enough clearances to fill the next class.Even after today.. so they will be offered on clearances coming back.A person numbered 120 could get a place instead of number 5 if they receive thier clearance back before .

Anybody get the call yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

My Letter arrived today!!! For PCT on the 2nd

:D

portumna wrote: »
    Once the PCT on 2nd July is complete those who passed may be offered places if any are still available.
    I was told this by Ips on thephone last week.Best of luck to those who got the letter for the PCT next fri.Might see some of you down there!:D

• Advertisement

contract came this morning ...best of luck to everyone else

Advertisement