Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Electrician

martingore wrote: »
    contract came this morning ...best of luck to everyone else

Congrats Martin. Hopefully I hear soon myself

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

cheers electrician ...I think they are releasing contracts as the clearances come in .So anyone could receive one up until the 12 th.Just make sure you are in touch with longford on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Las Vegas

Well done martingore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dorothymantooth

well done martingore. just wondering, were you called before you were sent a contract or did it just arrive. im no. 50 and did the pct in may. i rang ips last week and they told me that my clearance wasnt back. will they call to let me know or could a contract just arrive in the post?

they didnt call dorothy..just arrived in the post.I was expecting a phonecall ...if I was accepted ...

As I said a few days ago, Jason was expecting the clearances yesterday and then posting out the contracts .I was expecting to get the call if he received mine like the last group did .He did advise me to ring him today if I didnt hear from them .They have'nt enough people to fill the next class regardless of how many clearances he received yesterday so he needs to start fast tracking people .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

they didnt call dorothy..just arrived in the post.I was expecting a phonecall ...if I was accepted ...

As I said a few days ago, Jason was expecting the clearances yesterday and then posting out the contracts .I was expecting to get the call if he received mine like the last group did .He did advise me to ring him today if I didnt hear from them .They have'nt enough people to fill the next class regardless of how many clearances he received yesterday so he needs to start fast tracking people .
    Hmmm,interesting.I rang Ips and they told me my clearance was back a while now so i'm guessing if I pass the PCT next fri I could be in the july 12th class.I'm no.96.I also found out from a lad in training at the moment that their training was cut from 11 weeks to 7 weeks because the jails are desperate for staff :eek:

one of the lads got into the first class was ranked 80 something.They hadnt enough clearances for the first class from the original pct so the next person in merit got through to fill the class.

There was also a lad who had the same number as me and he's in training now.Whatever about merit,it's basically goin on clearance at the moment!!!!

Thats what Im saying ...its all to do with clearance .

Thats what Im saying ...its all to do with clearance .
    Any ideas on how many is goin to be in the next class on july 12th?
    38 in training at the moment

• Advertisement

There will be 40 this time with enough clearances from 2 full pct's.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

Got my contract today, thank God. Looking forward to the 12th now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Congrats to youngsam and martingore and anyone else who gets the contract.I bet ye are delighted.
    Have my pct next friday,cant wait.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Thats not fair. Im in england for the weekend and wont be back til tuesday. Im hoping that my contract will be on the mat when i walk in the door. Congrats ro all who got them. When do the contracts have to be back in by?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

user1999 wrote: »
    The sheild test involves holding a shield at a 45deg angle in the air with your arms bent. Your elbows cant be touching your body. But u can prop the top of your arms against your chest for support (i.e. your biceps). You have to hold it like that for a minute.

Quick Question...Do you hold the shield with both arms...Or is it one arm at a time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 user1999

LoanShark wrote: »
    Quick Question...Do you hold the shield with both arms...Or is it one arm at a time??

Both. But you are holding it with your hands. You dont hold it with your arm linked through it, as you would imagine holding a shield.

Is it difficult???

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

No Jason its easy enough once you don t burst your hole laughing like i did. Just train for the shuttle runs lots of squats for your legs to help the strength

Contracts in hand, all paperwork ready to go back to them. On the way out to the post office. What a relief that the wait is finally over!

portumna wrote: »
    Contracts in hand, all paperwork ready to go back to them. On the way out to the post office. What a relief that the wait is finally over!
    Delighted for u mate.Hopefully see you down there on the 12th too :D.

• Advertisement

Well best of luck to everyone on friday.I'll see you there....

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey Lads does anyone know is there anyone you can contact in the Gardai to get a move on your security clearance ?? I was talking to ips there and thats all there waiting on for me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dorothymantooth

Mick990 wrote: »
    Hey Lads does anyone know is there anyone you can contact in the Gardai to get a move on your security clearance ?? I was talking to ips there and thats all there waiting on for me??

im in the very same boat and its so frustrating knowing that i should be in the next class. its a f**kin joke how long the clearance takes. the worst thing is we could be waiting for a year for the next class

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Electrician

im in the very same boat and its so frustrating knowing that i should be in the next class. its a f**kin joke how long the clearance takes. the worst thing is we could be waiting for a year for the next class
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Julius32

It there anybody else getting quite anxious about the BIG test tomorrow??

Julius32 wrote: »
    It there anybody else getting quite anxious about the BIG test tomorrow??

I am..Although, I believe that I have put alot of effort in my preparation and Should be alright when tomorrow comes..All you can do is your best...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

A bit anxious alrite,but hopefully all will be good tomorrow for everyone there.Heading down there soon to stay the night as it's an 8am start for me and am coming from Dublin

Just after handing in my notice there.:D Only 1 more day of this sh!t to endure and then a relaxing week off to prepare for the 12th.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Once you have a basic level of fitness you'll be grand.

Good On Ya Portumna...Hopefully All will go well tomorrow for the rest of us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

are there any obvious landmarks for beladd, heading up in the morning, dont really know the town.

Advertisement