Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 limerickguy

Ya there is landmarks.there is a big prison just down the road from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

A prison eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Julius32 wrote: »
    It there anybody else getting quite anxious about the BIG test tomorrow??

I was fine untill midday today then the nerves kicked in......
    I've prepared and i should be ok,i dont know where the nerves came from.....
    Best of luck to all tomorrow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Good luck to everyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 uachtar99

wexfjord wrote: »
    are there any obvious landmarks for beladd, heading up in the morning, dont really know the town.

If you were facing Portlaoise prison on the Dublin road in Portlaoise - to the right of Portlaoise Prison is the Midlands Prison to the right of that is the training Centre. Ring the buzzer on the gate and tell them who you are and why you are there and they'll buzz you in. Good luck tomorrow all, you will be grand!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pgd-pgd

Its shortly after the Killeshin coming into the town from the Dublin side. Hope you guys know what your lettin yourselves in for. Enjoy the training , its a handy few weeks. Learn the basics well and always make your own mind up about things.....you'll understand what I mean soon enough. Best of Luck !!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.See some of you down there at 8am start.We'll all be grand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Just about to walk out the door to head to Beladd... Good luck to all those in the two o clock session.. And all those in this mornings session were seuccessful..!

Just back from the pct.Did it at 8am this mornin in beladd.Piece of cake!we all did well but there was only 9 of us when there should have been 20.Got fitted for uniforms and all afterwards and were told contracts would be in the post.Hopin to hear somethin next week that'll be bout the 12th!!!

well done .Hope all goes well with the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 user1999

Did the repeat PCT this morning at 8am.....and passed. Thrilled and over the moon i am! Bring on the contracts! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tonyosh

got my contract today finally.found out frm a friend our clearences were sent to our local garda stations for def.i suggest goin to ur local station if your clearence is not back as it is holding alot of people up

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭innercitydub2

Does anyone no if theres any word on another recruitment drive in the near future coming up?

was too young when the last one was on :(

Have seen the Garda have announced there will be a drive in the near future so has me wondering has Mr ahern been saying anything simalir about the Irish Prison Service??

Id suspect there would be another drive around the time Thortan hall is built
    Anyways any little info anyone has on the next drive will do.

Thanks

Does anyone no if theres any word on another recruitment drive in the near future coming up?

was too young when the last one was on :(

Have seen the Garda have announced there will be a drive in the near future so has me wondering has Mr ahern been saying anything simalir about the Irish Prison Service??

Id suspect there would be another drive around the time Thortan hall is built
    Anyways any little info anyone has on the next drive will do.

Thanks
    If your not in this one mate I heard its 5 years i'm afraid

I had my PCT today at 2pm.... And Passed :D.. I would advise all those to keep practicing the Shuttle Runs...Its about the hardest part of the whole thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Done my PCT this morning as well @ 8am...passed,only nine there though.

Fair play to everyone who passed this morning and to the rest of you who did the later PCT's today.

Hopefully get the call for the class on the 12th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Well done everyone, any word on when they will recruit again? Next year possibly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Did the pct at 2 today.all 20 passed,over the moon.well done to everyone today.

If your not in this one mate I heard its 5 years i'm afraid

Ah yer not serious are ya :( looks like il just have to focus on getting into the Garda so.

Do you no how much fact is behind them appartnly not taking on any more Prison Guards??

Was it announced by Mr Ahern or is that just the word making the rounds?

Lets hope it is :)

Tones69 wrote: »
    Well done everyone, any word on when they will recruit again? Next year possibly?

Lets hope :)

• Advertisement

Lets hope :)

Without bursting your bubble..I think it'll be a long time before there is another recruitment campaign...There is another batch waiting to be called for interviews and PCTS whenever that happens..You could be looking at 3-5 years at most...

LoanShark wrote: »
    Without bursting your bubble..I think it'll be a long time before there is another recruitment campaign...There is another batch waiting to be called for interviews and PCTS whenever that happens..You could be looking at 3-5 years at most...

How can my bubble not be burst after you telling me that :mad:

But yeah yeah your right. as you said yourself i cant see them recruting for another good few years.

I persume when Thortan hall is built they will need a few more prison guards seen as there saying its going to be a super prison.

But as far as i no thats will be another few years in the making.

Was undecided what i be more intrested in getting into the IPS or GS.
    But with the IPS not looking to recruit for a good while, looks like il have to go for the Garda Siochna.

If only i was born a year earlier :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I persume when Thortan hall is built they will need a few more prison guards seen as there saying its going to be a super prison.
    It would be great if they had this logo on the gates:

SUPERMANlogo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Was i the only one there at eleven? Passed it but nearly passed out!

I was well surprised at how quick the shuttles were done by all, i was only scraping through when practicing but knocked serious time off today, well funked after it though.

Well done everyone, roll out the contracts.

tonyosh wrote: »
    got my contract today finally.found out frm a friend our clearences were sent to our local garda stations for def.i suggest goin to ur local station if your clearence is not back as it is holding alot of people up

This is fairly innacurate ... people here are looking for steady information .

wexfjord wrote: »
    Was i the only one there at eleven? Passed it but nearly passed out!

I was well surprised at how quick the shuttles were done by all, i was only scraping through when practicing but knocked serious time off today, well funked after it though.

Well done everyone, roll out the contracts.

Did you do the PCT on your own??

Ah yer not serious are ya :( looks like il just have to focus on getting into the Garda so.

Do you no how much fact is behind them appartnly not taking on any more Prison Guards??

Was it announced by Mr Ahern or is that just the word making the rounds?

Lets hope it is :)
    Mr aherne himself said it mate on an interview.His word were we're recruiting officers now who sat the november 08 test and are undergoing medicals,garda clearance and physicals at the moment.After this recruitment there wont be another for the forseeable future.I heard from a governor it'll be around 4 or 5 years before the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

Mr aherne himself said it mate on an interview.His word were we're recruiting officers now who sat the november 08 test and are undergoing medicals,garda clearance and physicals at the moment.After this recruitment there wont be another for the forseeable future.I heard from a governor it'll be around 4 or 5 years before the next one.

Hi Crocop legend,
    I take it you are all implying that their will be no more recruit campaign's. Heard they plan to interview 100 more before the end of the summer this will take the 08 campaign to 340. I believe their will be a lot of retirements towards the end of this year ? anyone heard any different ?. Is the 2 yr Diploma now an option ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

The 2 year sligo course is here to stay and is very relevant, despite what some on this site have said

There may be another class starting in Aug. This has not been approved yet, but it is being discussed and is a real possibility.

The starting wages are as advertised in the original 08 poster minus the paycut all public servants got earlier this year of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Anyone know for definite exactly how many places have alredy been offered for the class starting on the 12th....:confused:

Advertisement