Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the future

I notice you are all at advanced stages of recruitment and I would like to wish you all the best of luck :cool:

Any how how do I go about registering or applying for future campaigns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

macroman29 wrote: »
    Hi Crocop legend,
    I take it you are all implying that their will be no more recruit campaign's.
    Got it in 1 mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tonyosh

martingore wrote: »
    This is fairly innacurate ... people here are looking for steady information .

sorry but that is accurate and proper information, our clearences were sent to the dept of justice and they sent them to our local garda stations.. fact

the future wrote: »
    I notice you are all at advanced stages of recruitment and I would like to wish you all the best of luck :cool:

Any how how do I go about registering or applying for future campaigns?
    You have to register with publicjobs.ie
    They will inform you when future campaigns are comng about.
    Register with them but don't hold your breath.

Anyone know for definite exactly how many places have alredy been offered for the class starting on the 12th....:confused:
    Dont know mate but will be on the phone first thing mon morn to try and find out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 user1999

I was told on friday that there are a few places left for the 12th July. But these will be offered in order of merit from the place you got after the interview, and depending if your clearance is back.

With regard to the class in august. It is only penciled in at the moment, but it more than likely will be going ahead. The department of finance cannot not sanction two start dates at the same time. So as soon as the class on the 12th of July starts, the date in august will be fixed. But as the IPS says, this is subject to changes by the department!!!

Did anyone who did the PCT on friday receive a call from IPS about starting on the 12th??
    I passed on friday, and i was placed in the top ten after the interview stage, and my clearance is back. So i was presuming that i would defo be called to start on the 12th, but didnt get a call yet. Are they phoning people first before they send out contracts or just sending out contracts, does anyone know???

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

tonyosh wrote: »
    sorry but that is accurate and proper information, our clearences were sent to the dept of justice and they sent them to our local garda stations.. fact

Hi tonyosh,
    Just to correct you buddy your vetting goes to the garda central vetting unit, local gardai do not deal with vetting. Staff levels are low in the vetting unit and this is why vetting is taking so long. If you have lived abroad it will take longer as the garda will contact each country with a RFI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

LoanShark wrote: »
    Did you do the PCT on your own??

No, I was wondering if I was the only boardsie there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Julius32

Hey gang, great feeling from passing the PCT on Friday at 8am!!! Well done to everyone!! If there is anyone contacting Jason in HR today regarding class dates and contracts can you pop any info you get up on the board!! Its just that I wont get a chance to ring him today myself!! Cheers!!

Just spoke to Jason from Ips.There are very few places left for july 12th and he informed me that I wasn't goin to be in that class (placed 96) and informed me there's going to be another class in 4-5 weeks time but it's subject to change.He hadn't even received the PCT results from friday yet either.If your number is low after passing the Pct you should make the july 12th class but from what he told me it sounds like there are less than 10 places left

• Advertisement

Nice one. I was placed in the single digits, and i think most of the people in front of me have been placed already, so heres hoping i get the call!!! :)
    Strange they havent received the results for friday yet.

user1999 wrote: »
    Nice one. I was placed in the single digits, and i think most of the people in front of me have been placed already, so heres hoping i get the call!!! :)
    Strange they havent received the results for friday yet.
    Dont be suprised if ye get a call at 430 on fri to start on monday!!!

Dont be suprised if ye get a call at 430 on fri to start on monday!!!

Ah dont say that. I have to give notice where im working at the moment, and as it is im not going to be able to give a week. And i cant hand the notice in till i get the call. Im stuck in limbo!!!
    Plus im going to oxegen on on fri,sat & sun.....so id look lovely in uniform on monday!!! :)

Do you think if i was to ring today they would be able to tell me if im in or not?

Ah dont say that. I have to give notice where im working at the moment, and as it is im not going to be able to give a week. And i cant hand the notice in till i get the call. Im stuck in limbo!!!
    Plus im going to oxegen on on fri,sat & sun.....so id look lovely in uniform on monday!!! :)

Do you think if i was to ring today they would be able to tell me if im in or not?
    Not sure because he hasnt got the results yet but i'm sure he'd be able to tell you if you told him your number.If you're single digits i'd say you're well in!

Does anyone know how many 07 people did the PCT on friday and passed?
    Was told this would decide if i get offered monday or not. Also was told there are only 2-3 places (if even) left for the class on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

I was told today that the class is filled for the 12th and that they have no info on when the next class will be

I was told today that the class is filled for the 12th and that they have no info on when the next class will be

What time were you speaking to them at? At half 12 there was a few places left and they didnt have the results from PCT back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

What time were you speaking to them at? At half 12 there was a few places left and they didnt have the results from PCT back yet.

It was after lunch,bout half two or so

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I hope we're not looking at another lengthy wait until the rest of get called to start training...

Hey Guys,
    Surely with all the PCT’s being carried out, it would be reasonable to assume that there will definitely be another class in early August!!! Has anybody heard anything definitive??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

On my contract it says Group 4/5 2010, which says we're the 4th group this year which i believe is true and that there is going to be 1 more. When that is going to start i don't know but i wouldn't expect a 6th group before the end of the year.

HI,

The next class is full and as of yet they dont know if there will be another one in August as they have to wait for the OK.. Thankfully all my paper work is back and I have moved up the pecking order slightly..I was told to ring back in a week or so to see what the progress is..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

What number are you loanshark ?

I'm number 45!! Where does that leave me folks??

Where you 45 from after the interview ? Did they tell you that you had your clearance ?

Yeah,

I was 45 after interview and I have been cleared!!! What do ya reckon Martin??

You should have been in this class , I was only 3 ahead of you ...you must'nt have got the clearance in time .You would have been in around position 17 -20 for this class going by my very basic calculations involving 07 class ...repeats etc etc.

Going by everything Im hearing ..there will be another class going ahead and as portumna pointed out , this is the 4 th class out of 5 pencilled in .You would be one of the first in the door if you have your clearance .

I finished 150 after interview, But I was speaking to a girl today and I've moved up slightly...

She said that have not been cleared to start a third class yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 youngsam

How many people are in the class starting on Monday

• Advertisement

Im not sure , Id imagine there is the full 40 , I dont think the first class was full 38 but I could be wrong .

Advertisement