Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

LoanShark wrote: »
    I finished 150 after interview, But I was speaking to a girl today and I've moved up slightly...

She said that have not been cleared to start a third class yet..
    I'm 96 and have been cleared and passed pct so i'm prayin for an august class!We wont know anything until the july 12th class start.When I spoke to jason from Ips he was reluctant to say whether there would be an august class or not coz I mentioned it to him.Suppose he's just covering himself just incase.Another waiting game,at this stage i'm a professional 'game waiter'!!!!

martingore wrote: »
    Im not sure , Id imagine there is the full 40 , I dont think the first class was full 38 but I could be wrong .
    Yep this is correct martin,2 didnt turn up in the last class leaving 38 and your class will have 42 to make up for them so I was told in beladd last friday and then 40 in august which is yet to be confimed?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I'd love to know a time scale for the classes...

What time where you in at last friday CroCop?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

once this class starts on monday , the information will be out for the next class so it wont take long to find out .You get used to the jargon and patterns pretty quick in this waiting game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 user1999

Hey guys, i was placed in the top ten after the interview, and passed the pct on friday, and i didnt get into the class starting monday. thought i was a shoe in, but apparently the class was nearly full before the pct on friday, with only 2-3 places left, and them places were filled with the remainder of the 07 crowd.
    IPS wony confirm the class in aug until the class starts on monday. There is a rule that two class start dates cant be sanctioned at the same time. So thats why its only penciled in, but should be clarified when the class start on monday.
    Fingers crossed i make the next class!!!!

• Advertisement

LoanShark wrote: »
    I'd love to know a time scale for the classes...

What time where you in at last friday CroCop?
    Do you mean the training time?if so its 8 weeks,7 in beladd and 1 week experience in the prison.
    Was in at 8am mate,just the 9 of us doin the pct.Was suppose to be 20 I think!!!

user1999 wrote: »
    Hey guys, i was placed in the top ten after the interview, and passed the pct on friday, and i didnt get into the class starting monday. thought i was a shoe in, but apparently the class was nearly full before the pct on friday, with only 2-3 places left, and them places were filled with the remainder of the 07 crowd.
    IPS wony confirm the class in aug until the class starts on monday. There is a rule that two class start dates cant be sanctioned at the same time. So thats why its only penciled in, but should be clarified when the class start on monday.
    Fingers crossed i make the next class!!!!
    If there's an august class no doubt you'll be first on the list!!!it's hard to say who will get in the next class with the numbers all over the place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

portumna wrote: »
    On my contract it says Group 4/5 2010, which says we're the 4th group this year which i believe is true and that there is going to be 1 more. When that is going to start i don't know but i wouldn't expect a 6th group before the end of the year.

This is not quite true. Your group going in will be Group 4 and Group 5. There is only 20 in a group. The 2 groups in at the moment are 2 and 3 as there was only one group that were trained earlier in the year. Thats how it works

so by that reckoning only 20 will be in the next group ? Cant see that happening when they have room for 40 .

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Judging by everyone's last few posts,it seems clear that nobady knows what the f#*k is going on with the next class or if there is even going to be another class...if there is one who's going to be in it?????

You would think that by waiting nearly two years and passing all the stages that the IPS would tell you something more concrete,at least out of courtesy

• Advertisement

ah ok ..you're right .And with that Im out of here .Good luck to everyone .

Spoke to 2 aco's (assistant chief officers) and they said there is a class of 40 going down in august when the current group finish.We'll just have to wait and see what the story is over the next 10 days.Can't see Ips having us doing medicals,pct's and being fitted for uniforms and then just forgetting about us,just doesn't make any sense.That's just me talkin though.

martingore wrote: »
    so by that reckoning only 20 will be in the next group ? Cant see that happening when they have room for 40 .

No, 20 in group 4 and 20 in group 5.

Anyone who is starting on the 12th, Beladd will be the best ever weeks you spend in the service( so were told) enjoy it because we certainly are. Live in if you can, its so much better for getting to know people and generally having the craic.

This is not quite true. Your group going in will be Group 4 and Group 5. There is only 20 in a group. The 2 groups in at the moment are 2 and 3 as there was only one group that were trained earlier in the year. Thats how it works
    There was 1 group that was trained earlier this year and there were around 24 or 28 in it but was supposed to be 40 and they went ahead and trained them anyways so not too sure about the 20 per group?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Do you mean the training time?if so its 8 weeks,7 in beladd and 1 week experience in the prison.
    Was in at 8am mate,just the 9 of us doin the pct.Was suppose to be 20 I think!!!

Thanks for that... But I was more trying to get when they are planning to take the next class... as someone said, You'd think they would be courtious and let us know what is happening after two and a half years..

There was 1 group that was trained earlier this year and there were around 24 or 28 in it but was supposed to be 40 and they went ahead and trained them anyways so not too sure about the 20 per group?

Its generally 20 per group. There was 23 in the first group so they just trained them altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Julius32

Hey Guys,

Anybody from last Friday get any word? I was at the 8am test, was placed 45 after interview and have been security cleared and still haven't heard anything .........I'm going mad here!!!! ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 uachtar99

Spoke to 2 aco's (assistant chief officers) and they said there is a class of 40 going down in august when the current group finish.We'll just have to wait and see what the story is over the next 10 days.Can't see Ips having us doing medicals,pct's and being fitted for uniforms and then just forgetting about us,just doesn't make any sense.That's just me talkin though.

I reckon they are right I have heard rumours that there will be a group in August of fortyish, and the group on Monday will have 40 ish.

Julius32 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Anybody from last Friday get any word? I was at the 8am test, was placed 45 after interview and have been security cleared and still haven't heard anything .........I'm going mad here!!!! ha ha

Ring Human resources in IPS headquarters in Longford, they might be able to put you right.

Monday morning start for me!!!! Delighted!! Thanks and best wishes to everybody else!!

• Advertisement

Monday morning start for me!!!! Delighted!! Thanks and best wishes to everybody else!!

Nice one! See you if you get to Mountjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

congrats julius32.well done...your wait is finally over.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Congrats! I'll see you down there. If you got in did user1999 get the call. She was expecting it before this and was told yesterday that she wasn't in cause it was full.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Congrats on getting in finally...just wondering did you ring them looking for info and they offered you a place or did they contact you

Congrats mate!delighted for ye!there must have been a few drop-outs or people turning it down.Just means it moving closer to my number.Best of luck!:D

Thanks guys for all the best wishes!! THey contacted me because somebody couldnt take up their offer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 theirishlad

hey,
    just wondering what the hours for the 7weeks are and what time we finish on friday evening is?
    do we get a choice which prison in dublin that we go too....

hey,
    just wondering what the hours for the 7weeks are and what time we finish on friday evening is?
    do we get a choice which prison in dublin that we go too....

Your normal day is 8-5. Finshed by 4 on a friday. You will however be working till 8 some evenings. This is due to the one week less training you will be getting but the course still has to be covered

You will get asked for your preference for your permanent posting but no guarantees. Alot will go on seniority within your group. The higher placed after the interview you are the more senior you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 user1999

portumna wrote: »
    Congrats! I'll see you down there. If you got in did user1999 get the call. She was expecting it before this and was told yesterday that she wasn't in cause it was full.

Got the call on tues :) Starting tomorrow. Just havnt had time the last few days finishing up in work and all to let you guys know. Bring on Monday!!!! :) Happy Out.

• Advertisement

And the next phase of the waiting game is under way :rolleyes:.......

Advertisement