Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

And the next phase of the waiting game is under way :rolleyes:.......

Any news on the class in august ? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

No mate all quiet so far.I imagine it will be for the next 10 days!

No mate all quiet so far.I imagine it will be for the next 10 days!

Ive heard their is another round of interviews in aug-sept 100+. im in the early 400's.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

It's gonna be a long 10 days CroCop!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Hopefully someone hears before the end of this week!!!!:)

• Advertisement

macroman29 wrote: »
    Ive heard their is another round of interviews in aug-sept 100+. im in the early 400's.
    Not sure bout that mate but keep an eye on here,if you see progress here with recruitment and them continuing with classes there's a possibility?

Hopefully someone hears before the end of this week!!!!:)
    Keeping the faith devil,thats what I like to see!!! :D

Not sure bout that mate but keep an eye on here,if you see progress here with recruitment and them continuing with classes there's a possibility?

Word is august intake deffo happening. interviewing 120 at end of summer and possibly another 120 before end of year. From my calculations their should be only 50-60 left on panel after august intake. anybody heard any different ??.

macroman29 wrote: »
    Word is august intake deffo happening. interviewing 120 at end of summer and possibly another 120 before end of year. From my calculations their should be only 50-60 left on panel after august intake. anybody heard any different ??.

Where did you hear about the August intake macroman?????

• Registered Users Posts: 28 limerickguy

And where did you here about the 50/60 left on the panel. I done my pct on the 2nd of july... About 48 people did it that day (9 at 8am, 19 at 11am and 20 at lunch time) are you saying that nobody for that day starting training on the 12th of July?

• Advertisement

And where did you here about the 50/60 left on the panel. I done my pct on the 2nd of july... About 48 people did it that day (9 at 8am, 19 at 11am and 20 at lunch time) are you saying that nobody for that day starting training on the 12th of July?

Spoke with IPS HR thats where i got my info.

Out of the first 240 that was interviewed the got a final panel of 160.

20 were remaining from 07 comp. Jun,Jul,Aug x 40 = 120. HR said they will have 50-60 left on their panel after the Aug Class. They also said they plan to interview 100-120 after summer and possibly another 120 near the end of the year.

I defo know of 3 people who were in the 8am pct that started last monday.Won't be getting my hopes up until I have the letter with start date in hand.

I defo know of 3 people who were in the 8am pct that started last monday.Won't be getting my hopes up until I have the letter with start date in hand.

It was -snip- i was talking to and he said the aug class was going ahead.

Were you talking to him recently?

Were you talking to him recently?

Today at 15:30.;)

Cool! -snip- the man so thats good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey Lads i did the pct on 11th June and passed so i assumed i would be in the last class starting in July but i wasn't . When i rang the IPS about it i was told that it was because my Garda clearance wasn't back.

I rang again this week to be told they still haven't got it back but i just found out i have a contact in the vetting office so i rang her and she told me they never recieved anything for me.

So now i don't know what to do ?? I don't want to be hassling the IPS in case i get bumped down but i found out my gf is Pregnant so i really need to get into this class and get this steady job

Any one any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Does anyone have any info on a date for the next class, there were four weeks between the last two classes, which might suggest aug 9th. That being three weeks away, you'd anticipate contracts within the next week or so.

Was talking to a guy today who was well into the current garda recruitment campaign when things went bang. He rang after the ministers recent announcement to see what the story is and was told not to bother ringing anymore, "if we want you, we'll call you." Thank god that we've seen a bit of progress in our situation and that we dont have to take crap like that from the guy whose name was edited from a recent post. Fair play to him and his staff 'cos i reckon their heads must be wrecked at this stage.

I rang IPS yesterday and was told that there is a class starting in August, and Its a grey area if I'll be in or not,because of my place on the panel.. I would need a lot of drop outs and people loosing interest for me to move up and being able to take a place..I guess I'll have to wait and see..

Although Wexfjords post about the Garda recruitment is shocking...At least our man Yason is giving good information, even though his head must be wrecked with callers..

LoanShark wrote: »
    I rang IPS yesterday and was told that there is a class starting in August, and Its a grey area if I'll be in or not,because of my place on the panel.. I would need a lot of drop outs and people loosing interest for me to move up and being able to take a place..I guess I'll have to wait and see..

Although Wexfjords post about the Garda recruitment is shocking...At least our man Yason is giving good information, even though his head must be wrecked with callers..
    Thats good and bad news shark,what number are you by the way?

• Advertisement

LoanShark wrote: »

Hey Loanshark will you remind me what number were you on the panel i was 108 ??

Mick990 wrote: »

Funny that Mick990...I too am 108!!!!! Did my PCT at 8am on the 2nd of July....and you

Hey RedhotDevil I did mine at 2 o clock on the 11th June but i think i was the highest there by 10 or 20 . I wasn't expecting to be called that early at all though it was a bit of a surprise.

:D:D:D

Hey Limerick guy i don't mean to be a smart arse but i hope you do some work on your observation skills before you start in the job

I was 108

Hey Limerick guy i don't mean to be a smart arse but i hope you do some work on your observation skills before you start in the job

I was 108

Well Mick990 I'm 108 too and I know I definitely don't need to work on my observation skills!!!!!!!!!:D

Well Mick990 I'm 108 too and I know I definitely don't need to work on my observation skills!!!!!!!!!:D

Ah I know that Devil you got the same as me which means your obviously a superstar :)

I was just slagging the other lad because it had my number twice on the page already

Ah I know that Devil you got the same as me which means your obviously a superstar :)

I was just slagging the other lad because it had my number twice on the page already
    And I also requoted it too!
    Let's hope we all hear somethin this week

• Registered Users Posts: 28 limerickguy

Slag me away mick990. At least I noticed that my Garda clearence forms needed a stamp on it.

• Advertisement

At least I noticed that my Garda clearence forms needed a stamp on it.

Eh???? What??

Advertisement