Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

After interviews I was 150, after the PCT I moved to 120 and as of the last day I rang Jayo,, I was under 80...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

LoanShark wrote: »
    After interviews I was 150, after the PCT I moved to 120 and as of the last day I rang Jayo,, I was under 80...
    So if there's 40 taken in aug yer still 40 out?I was 96 after the interview so if you've moved up over 70 places I must be in the top 25 so if my calculations are correct?gonna give the man a ring tomorrow and see whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Slag me away mick990. At least I noticed that my Garda clearence forms needed a stamp on it.

Ok im with Loanshark on this one . What stamp?? I am now completly lost with everything now lads regards the panel . Did we get reassigned numbers after each round ?? I was 108 after interview but i don't know after that

Limerickguy i didn't mean any offense bro i was just messing with you

Prob just means with ppl turning it down and not being cleared has bumped his number up I guess but remember its stilll order of merit so as his number is bumped up everyone elses has to too!!!!Hope we get some good news this week.:D

I'm with Cro, I think with people turning it down and with failure at the PCT and Delays on the Clearence forms, The list must be consistantly changing...and people getting bumped up..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

So if there's 40 taken in aug yer still 40 out?I was 96 after the interview so if you've moved up over 70 places I must be in the top 25 so if my calculations are correct?gonna give the man a ring tomorrow and see whats up?

did you make the call crocop legend.you must be near the top now.
    are some people still waiting on security clearance??

jason99 wrote: »
    Hope so mate,gonna make that call tomorrow,i'd say there have been quite a few calls to Ips today!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dorothymantooth

i placed 50 after interview, did the PCT in may and im still not cleared. its an absolute ****in joke how long it takes. im so pissed off now im starting to think id be better off forgetting about the whole thing

i placed 50 after interview, did the PCT in may and im still not cleared. its an absolute ****in joke how long it takes. im so pissed off now im starting to think id be better off forgetting about the whole thing

hang in there only one more hurdle i know its annoying but at least you have everything done and passed.

Slag me away mick990. At least I noticed that my Garda clearence forms needed a stamp on it.

Do i take it by the fact that no one else is mentioning this stamp that no one else got a stamp on there clearence form ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Mick990 wrote: »
    Do i take it by the fact that no one else is mentioning this stamp that no one else got a stamp on there clearence form ??

It might be that the envelope needed a stamp on it! I sent mine by registered post as there is no correspondance to verify that they have received it. No harm to ring if you havent done so already to make sure they did get it, even if you did stamp the envelope.

With all due respect to an post, they do lose letters and this is not one that you want to fall through the cracks.

Are we any the wiser on a date for the next class, even a rumour to keep us going?

wexfjord wrote: »
    It might be that the envelope needed a stamp on it! I sent mine by registered post as there is no correspondance to verify that they have received it. No harm to ring if you havent done so already to make sure they did get it, even if you did stamp the envelope.

With all due respect to an post, they do lose letters and this is not one that you want to fall through the cracks.

Are we any the wiser on a date for the next class, even a rumour to keep us going?

Ah right i sent by registered post as well i taught that by the way Limerickguy said it you needed a Garda stamp on it or something.

With regards the next class i think it could possibly be the 16th of Aug. I know we were speculating on the 9th but I was talking to my friend who started on the 12th and the class before that just started there second 4 week term in Belladd today. As Belladd wouldn't have accomadation for 120 i think they may hold off till both classes have left belladd before letting the next class down.

I must stress though this is just a theory . I haven't heard anything to support it yet

Mick990 wrote: »
    Ah right i sent by registered post as well i taught that by the way Limerickguy said it you needed a Garda stamp on it or something.

With regards the next class i think it could possibly be the 16th of Aug. I know we were speculating on the 9th but I was talking to my friend who started on the 12th and the class before that just started there second 4 week term in Belladd today. As Belladd wouldn't have accomadation for 120 i think they may hold off till both classes have left belladd before letting the next class down.

I must stress though this is just a theory . I haven't heard anything to support it yet
    The june 14th class have 2 weeks left.They just finished their week familiarisation in the jail and are back in beladd for 3 more weeks so when they get done,the july 12th class will have 4 weeks done and doin their familiarisation which gives the green light then for the august class to get in the door!its 4 weeks training in beladd,1 week familiarisation in the jail and then back for 3 weeks in beladd to do exams etc

Ah right see i was baseing my theory on there being 4 weeks then 1 week then 4 more weeks .

Maybe it will be the 9th then . Oh please god let it be the 9th Im starting to get pretty sick of the job i am in now

Haha,know the feeling mate!yeah it used to be 9weeks training(4weeks training-2weeks familiarisation and 3 weeks training),then was cut to 7 and then back to 8weeks.The 9th august just seems to make sense for some reason with the current classes etc but don't quote me on that!!!;)

Did you ring IPS today Crocop?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Whats the PCT?

poolboy wrote: »
    Whats the PCT?

Pizza Chef Training, prisoners love the pizza!

Okay , its the physical competency test. It tests job specific physical attributes to see if you are physically capable of carrying out the function of a prison officer. There's timed sprints with turns, grip strength, max pushing and pulling capacity, shield hold, fire extinguisher carrying etc.

Its reasonably tough but to be honest, if you cant pass it you should consider becoming a guard!

LoanShark wrote: »
    Did you ring IPS today Crocop?
    Sure did and got good news!class starting on august 9th and contracts are going out this week so keep an eye on the post folks!!:D

• Advertisement

Just to clarify, the following post is in response to a post which has now been deleted and not some random attack on poor auld crocop, please feel free to ignore or delete as appropriate. Thanks.

Get over yourself and acquire a sense of humour. If you have a problem with a particular post you should report it. By quoting a deleted post you are perpetuating its content, maybe a bit of a look closer to home is in order.

Your remark about "civvies" does little but further the divide that unfortunately exists between uniformed and civilian members of society. If you wear a uniform, it does not make you a better person than me nor does it give you the right to judge others, you get paid to do a job and most people would appreciate if can leave your prejudice at home when you don a uniform to do that job. I have nothing but respect for anyone that works in the frontline services, but respect should be a two way street.

I'm sure you'll find that this thread is for civvies who hope to gain employment from the prison service and you will find some very decent people on here who will one day don a blue uniform and deservedly so. We have worked hard and some of us are in the final stage of the recruitment process, I'm sure we all look forward to working with you.

I was merely expressing an opinion that the physical for Prison Service is more arduous than that for AGS, more in jest than anything else.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Alright lads settle down. I mean it. I don't have to come in here often, and I'd like it kept that way.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

wexfjord wrote: »
    Okay , its the physical competency test. It tests job specific physical attributes to see if you are physically capable of carrying out the function of a prison officer. There's timed sprints with turns, grip strength, max pushing and pulling capacity, shield hold, fire extinguisher carrying etc.

Its reasonably tough but to be honest, if you cant pass it you should consider becoming a guard!

Ha Ha - give it 3 months in the job and you'll have put on 3 stone-they reakon everyone puts on about a stone while training in bellad:D

As for the guards i'd reakon its much the same when they're posted to a station!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hit_killer

Guys a serious question, I should be a on the next batch to be interviewed, I came 296th, hopefully please God I pass it.

In relation to the medical, do they do blood checks as well, I have used anabolic steroids for weightlifting and I was wondering if they are looking out for such things in the blood exam.

Thanks.

hit_killer wrote: »
    Guys a serious question, I should be a on the next batch to be interviewed, I came 296th, hopefully please God I pass it.

In relation to the medical, do they do blood checks as well, I have used anabolic steroids for weightlifting and I was wondering if they are looking out for such things in the blood exam.

Thanks.
    Tut Tut Tut,yer a bold boy:eek:!!!but thats not what they look for so your ok mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 spursfan79

I rang IPS yesterday and was told that they have not got the go ahead for the next class although she did say it will more than likely will go ahead. The main man in HR was not in so that is what i was told.

Crocop, were you told by himself about the class on the 9aug?? Were you givin any indication as to whether you would be in the next class and lastly, do they ring you first to ask if you taking the job before they send out the contracts?

any sign of a contract crocop??????

any sign of a contract crocop??????
    Noyhin yet bro,hope I wasn't told fibbs!!!!:eek:

Noyhin yet bro,hope I wasn't told fibbs!!!!:eek:

Wouldn't think so.you will probably have good news next week.keep the fingers crossed:D

• Advertisement

Does anybody know if you need a laptop when you are training in bellad for the class work and online course work.maybe a serving member might know.nice to get a heads up on that one.any info much appreciated.

Advertisement