Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

jason99 wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so.you will probably have good news next week.keep the fingers crossed:D
    What number is yourself J?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

In the 70's.might not be in the next class unless there is a lot of drop outs or people still waiting on clearance etc.but you never know in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

Does anybody know if you need a laptop when you are training in bellad for the class work and online course work.maybe a serving member might know.nice to get a heads up on that one.any info much appreciated.

You will need a laptop

In the 70's.might not be in the next class unless there is a lot of drop outs or people still waiting on clearance etc.but you never know in this game.
    Eh well i'm in the 90's and got told i'm in the next class so u should defo be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Just an observation but am i right in saying that jason99 is in the 70's on a new revised order of merit and crocops number is from the post interview order of merit. Maybe I'm wrong.

Contracts in the post monday methinks, wouldnt mind an august 9th start, may not be another group for a while. Good luck everyone, hopefully our wait will soon be over.

• Advertisement

wexfjord wrote: »
    Just an observation but am i right in saying that jason99 is in the 70's on a new revised order of merit and crocops number is from the post interview order of merit. Maybe I'm wrong.

Contracts in the post monday methinks, wouldnt mind an august 9th start, may not be another group for a while. Good luck everyone, hopefully our wait will soon be over.
    I get ye,yeah i'm goin by the number after the interview.Think i'm in the top 30 for the next class.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Think very carefully before you take up employment in the Prison Service.

I've said this before.

At your own risk .

I get ye,yeah i'm goin by the number after the interview.Think i'm in the top 30 for the next class.

Ye thats my number on the revised list.i'm hoping for more classes this year.keeping the faith....:)

480905 wrote: »
    Think very carefully before you take up employment in the Prison Service.

I've said this before.

At your own risk .

The Celtic Tiger is over, most of the guys you talked about before going on FIS is because their wife/gf doesnt work, they have massive mortgages and over stretched themselves during the boom years.

Here are the facts, the wages will never make you a millionaire, but once you get through probation you will be in a decent job, with good wages and a pension at the end of it.

Many guys during the boom years were used to mega bucks every week, newsflash, thats all gone and it aint never comin back.

450 a week starting off, into your hand is a decent wage in anyones eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

The Celtic Tiger is over, most of the guys you talked about before going on FIS is because their wife/gf doesnt work, they have massive mortgages and over stretched themselves during the boom years.

Here are the facts, the wages will never make you a millionaire, but once you get through probation you will be in a decent job, with good wages and a pension at the end of it.

Many guys during the boom years were used to mega bucks every week, newsflash, thats all gone and it aint never comin back.

450 a week starting off, into your hand is a decent wage in anyones eyes

I agree with the above post, If I am to be honest it is the job security I'm after..I'm not in it to become wealthy.. But, I am also looking for the challange that the job will bring..

• Advertisement

I signed up for the 45,000 a year that was promised in the recruitment campaign, oh well!:D

They must have been worried back in '08 that nobody would apply. :confused:

The job security is a big one all right, although i remember saying something in the interview about giving back to the community etc.......

wexfjord wrote: »
    I signed up for the 45,000 a year that was promised in the recruitment campaign, oh well!:D

They must have been worried back in '08 that nobody would apply. :confused:

The job security is a big one all right, although i remember saying something in the interview about giving back to the community etc.......

45,000 was potential earnings and is very acheivable once you get on a roster and do all your additional hours. The problem is most of the time it takes a while for new recruits to get on the roster in a prison. This does vary from jail to jail though

45,000 was potential earnings and is very acheivable once you get on a roster and do all your additional hours. The problem is most of the time it takes a while for new recruits to get on the roster in a prison. This does vary from jail to jail though

Ah yeah, i knew it was the potential max earnings, but the way it was put in the poster made it look very achievable, it really did seem like they were expecting a poor uptake. I doubt too many do it for the money as I'd imagine its the sort of job that you wont survive in if its not what you really want to do.

Big thing to keep an eye on in the service is your sick.The service has no problem in taking action if there is a pattern of sick/lates.Once you keep your head down,turn up for work and do your college work then there is no reason for trouble!Everyone wants to be wealthy but the main thing is that you are goin get a wage every 2 weeks that you dont have to worry about.It's very straight forward to arrange days off with fellow officers willing to swap days in return so overall it really is a great job.the wage inreases significantly when you get on the roster as mentioned,the sunday allowance being the biggest.I am personally looking forward to start as over the years I have been sick of the job I was in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 uachtar99

Big thing to keep an eye on in the service is your sick.The service has no problem in taking action if there is a pattern of sick/lates.Once you keep your head down,turn up for work and do your college work then there is no reason for trouble!Everyone wants to be wealthy but the main thing is that you are goin get a wage every 2 weeks that you dont have to worry about.It's very straight forward to arrange days off with fellow officers willing to swap days in return so overall it really is a great job.the wage inreases significantly when you get on the roster as mentioned,the sunday allowance being the biggest.I am personally looking forward to start as over the years I have been sick of the job I was in

You are dead right about this. A positive attitude goes an awful long way in our job. Once you perform as you should no one will bother you. It's not rocket science and not particulary difficult to keep on the right track. Its a good career with a lot of benefits. Sometimes serving officers take it for granted but when you stop and think about it, it's a great job.

no contracts yet,maybe tomorrow or wed? :(

no contracts yet,maybe tomorrow or wed? :(

I spoke to ips yesterday and they said that they are posting contracts on wednesday.so you can expect yours on thursday or friday crocop.:D

I spoke to ips yesterday and they said that they are posting contracts on wednesday.so you can expect yours on thursday or friday crocop.:D
    Yeah spoke to the man yesterday and he said he was posting them out today,(yesterday) and should defo have contract by wednesday,fingers x'd!!!!

Anyone get a letter today?

LoanShark wrote: »
    Anyone get a letter today?
    Nothin,feel like i'm bein teased:mad:

• Advertisement

wont be long now crocop

wont be long now crocop
    And you were right mate,it arrived today,happy days,aug 9th start;).
    Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Good Man...Hopefully the rest of us won't havbe to wait that long...

Anyone else?

Delighted for you mate....congrats:)

Jason99, would say you and I will be waiting until the next class...Unless there is a massive number of dropouts!!!

Its looking that way loanShark.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Well got my contract today,August 9th start....the long long wait is nearly over!!:cool:

Well done lads, I'm starting on the 9th aswell. Bit of an anti-climax really, although telling the nay sayers was fun. Roll on Beladd.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 spursfan79

got the contracts today..happy out!

• Advertisement

Congrats to everyone starting on the 9th.Delighted for ye.:)

Advertisement