Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

This Day Next week chaps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

LoanShark wrote: »
    This Day Next week chaps...
    ........we will all be crying for mammy!

Good Luck to you all for Monday...

Anyone know if there will be another class before the year is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hit_killer

Not sure bro, I wonder also will they be conducting interviews for the next batch before the year is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭cob655

well lads i came 365th in 2009 i think it was maybe 2008,it was the last exam before the interviews.
    basically what im asking is do i have any chance of getting call for an interview?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

cob655 wrote: »
    well lads i came 365th in 2009 i think it was maybe 2008,it was the last exam before the interviews.
    basically what im asking is do i have any chance of getting call for an interview?

thanks

If they call 120, you are back on the heap. If they call 240, you the man. God only knows, theres the makings of another class in it (I think!) so it could be a while yet. Its all pure speculation though, keep it positive I suppose.

wexfjord wrote: »
    If they call 120, you are back on the heap. If they call 240, you the man. God only knows, theres the makings of another class in it (I think!) so it could be a while yet. Its all pure speculation though, keep it positive I suppose.

I know a prison officer well and he said their opening a new prison/wing somewhere and they'll need between 100-150 extra officers after the group thats in tarining at the mo.

does anyone know what number they got up to so far?
    thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭po candidate

thanks
    I know two officers and a serving governor and you'll defo be called, because i was told i will be called and you placed betr than me, iam in 500s, nobody was expecting things to move as quick as they've over the last 6 months, and 3rd class dis year is starting 9th so stay positive, also there is a previous post a few pages back saying interviews were starting again aug/sept, lets hope so!

cheers lads,makes me feel much better!only working two mornings a week is cracking me up and i would love this job!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭po candidate

cheers lads,makes me feel much better!only working two mornings a week is cracking me up and i would love this job!
    I know mate, im not working at all, start preparing for interview tho, i've done a fair bit, can never be too prepared and it will be along time before you get another crack at it if you don't pass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

last time i spoke to ips they were going to keep looking more more classes so i would imagine that interviews will take place shortly to keep a panel in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

how many groups are in training now?
    i want to know because i wish they would hurry up and come up to dublin on their familarisation and give me a day off :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Hey guys... Just wondering what the story is with these interviews? Iv had my name down for the last year or two and never heard anything about interviews or anything.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Crocop legend

See some of you guys on monday:D.
    Best of luck to everyone else with recruitment;)

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Hey guys... Just wondering what the story is with these interviews? Iv had my name down for the last year or two and never heard anything about interviews or anything.....

Where did you come after the aptitude test.they have interviewed the first 240 and are probably due to interview more soon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod note:

I'm aware that some of you from this forum are starting your new jobs tomorrow. You are going in to a very difficult job, which is very stressful and dangerous, and I admire your determination to serve your country in one of the most difficult jobs I know of.

In my eyes, you will not be paid enough for opting to do this job, and on behalf of all the ES forum mods, I would like to wish you all the very best of everything in your new career.

Is mise le meas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

jason99 wrote: »
    Where did you come after the aptitude test.they have interviewed the first 240 and are probably due to interview more soon.

I was never even invited to do an aptitude test... My mobile number is correct and so is my email address on the publicjobs.ie site.....

heyjay14 wrote: »
    I was never even invited to do an aptitude test... My mobile number is correct and so is my email address on the publicjobs.ie site.....

HI,
    The most of us have been waiting on this job since 08 and there has been a few since 07, So if you've applied after 2008 you'll be waiting until the next campaign..

If you are from the 07-08 crew then contact the prison service HR to see what happened..

Best of Luck to all who are starting tomorrow.......

I came 296th from the aptitude I completed in November 2008, I phoned the IPS about 3 months ago to see if there was any progress in regards to further interviews for the next batch, the gentleman on the other end said that they MAY be conducting interviews this month or next month but nothing confirmed until the first batches have been processed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Hello. I need some advice on the 2008 recruitment campiagn.
    My brother did the aptitude test in late 2008. He got an overall score of 1006, but he doesn't know where he is placed to be called up for an interview (eg 349th). Would you know what position (roughly) he would be in?
    Also it says that he is placed in the middle group (51%-64%) if thats any help.
    Has anyone done any courses for interview preperation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »
    Hello. I need some advice on the 2008 recruitment campiagn.
    My brother did the aptitude test in late 2008. He got an overall score of 1006, but he doesn't know where he is placed to be called up for an interview (eg 349th). Would you know what position (roughly) he would be in?
    Also it says that he is placed in the middle group (51%-64%) if thats any help.
    Has anyone done any courses for interview preperation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

My overall score is 1167, again I placed 296th on the panel, so I reckon your brother should be definetly on the next batch, I know the public jobs website updated itself over a year ago and I had to re register to recieve emails and such, I also received a letter in the post telling me my place of merit. Curious though, according to my papers it said I placed in the upper group (76% - 88%)

Career Services did an interview preperation course last Feburary, I attended and founf it very usefull indeed, I'm not sure however if they will be conducting another preperation course.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Thanks a million hit killer

Anyone in touch with ips this week?????
    Any rumours even??????
    Give me something:eek:

Did you ring them Jason?

Did you ring them Jason?

No i phoned that many times lately up untill last week that im afraid to ring again:D

No i phoned that many times lately up untill last week that im afraid to ring again:D

Me Too!

Me Too!

LOL ......what are we like
    Are we the only two left here with everything done?

LOL ......what are we like
    Are we the only two left here with everything done?

Yeah, I think so...Heres hoping we'll be letters soon..

Loanshark, jason did you guys do your interviews? or are you still waiting for an interview date.

• Advertisement

hit_killer wrote: »
    Loanshark, jason did you guys do your interviews? or are you still waiting for an interview date.

HI, Both Jason and I have all done, Interviews,Medical,PCT all we are waiting for is a class to start...I would think when our class starts,they will then go ahead and start more interviews..

Advertisement