Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭po candidate

LoanShark wrote: »
    HI, Both Jason and I have all done, Interviews,Medical,PCT all we are waiting for is a class to start...I would think when our class starts,they will then go ahead and start more interviews..
    best of luck guys, hope you hear something soon, i'm still waiting for interview, wont mind the wait if i pass interview, see what happens!, if you do hear anything put it up if ya can, would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey Loanshark and Jason,

i have everything done too and should ve been in the last class except my security clearance is being held up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Sorry to hear that mick990 hope your clearance is sorted out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd let you know there are rumours in the prisons of classes starting in september. IMO the rumours usually turn out to be right!!
    So heres hoping you guys will be there soon.:)

MIRMIR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dorothymantooth

hi guys i am also waiting on clearance, i have everything else done for the past 3 months. does anybody know if ANYTHING can be done to hurry on the clearance? its gone beyond a joke at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

Hello all,

Anyone heard a rumour that the IPS are interviewing another 240 in september. I believe they have only 30-40 remaining on the present panel ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hit_killer

macroman29 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Anyone heard a rumour that the IPS are interviewing another 240 in september. I believe they have only 30-40 remaining on the present panel ?.

I rang the IPS a few months ago and the guy told me that they may be starting interviews in September but he wasn't 100% sure...He did say that the first 2 batches are going to be processed first before they will conduct more interviews, and he did say that there will definetly be more interviews afterwards...To be realistic, hopefully it will happen before the year is out...I know its a big waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Anyone phone IPS recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭chops1990

Not tryin to scare ya away from applyin for the job OP but I read in a paper the other day that a new officer on probation got his face slashed with some sort of shank after only days on the job. You'd wanna have a good head on your shoulders and be ready for anything I'd say, which I'm sure you have

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

That is true, and it is under investigation by Garda and Prison authorities. It is a hazard of the job and nothing can prepare you for how devious and violent some prisoners can be until you experience it first hand.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard any news lately?....any signs of a new class etc???????

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

Heard their could be more interviews between now and end of year. God knows whats going to happen. My only worry is that the 08 Campaign will be scrapped and a new one started.

Don't say that bro...how long were people from the 07 campaign waiting for interviews...surely they are under obligation to interview those who are next on the 08 panel...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

They won't scrap the o8 panel. They'll just work off what they have. there will be no new recruitment anyway the 08 is still fairly new they only start working off it this year.

macroman29 wrote: »
    Heard their could be more interviews between now and end of year. God knows whats going to happen. My only worry is that the 08 Campaign will be scrapped and a new one started.

Ok I just got off the phone to a guy from the ips hr dept. I asked guy on the other end (who was a real nice buy btw) about upcoming interviews, he said that he's not exactly sure whats happening but hopefully before the end of the year the next 120 or 240 from the 08 panel will be interviewed, again he wasnt sure because he said they need permission from the powers at be when they can conduct interviews and recruit....I asked him also is there a possibilty that the 08 campaign be scrapped , he said its very unlikely that would happen...he also said if I havent heard from them by the end of the year to call back.

I guess there hands are tied because of the way things have gone with the economy etc....so I reckon we all have to sit tight and wait it out a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭po candidate

Well it would'nt make any sence to scap 08 panel, its less than two years old and jan 10 were the 1 interviews from this panel, it would cost them more money and hassle to scrap and start again with little or no benefit.

I wont be losing sleep about this its never goina happen, sit tight

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

There are rumours floating around the jails about a class in November

There are rumours floating around the jails about a class in November

I like rumours like that!!

+1 me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pdoo85

Hi all, i done aptitude test back in 08 an got score of 1008 anyone any idea when i should be called for interview, cheers.

• Advertisement

Not sure bro...i'm 296th and still waiting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lozzy23

I was on the phone to some1 in the HR department in the IPS last week and they told me that they have given Public Jobs the go ahead to start making arrangements for the next lot of interviews. Probably another slow process but a step closer none the less, there is a pre interview course been held in portlaoise tomorrow so i'd imagine that we couldn't be to far away now i should definitilly be called in the next batch of interview's as i'm in the 280's and with 243 been called from the 2008 batch already its looking good, need to start working on the fitness now tho

How reliable are your sources yourwellcum and pdoo85 i'd say you might draw the old age pension before getting called sorry to burst the bubble there. Anyone ring the IPS today

lozzy23 wrote: »
    How reliable are your sources yourwellcum and pdoo85 i'd say you might draw the old age pension before getting called sorry to burst the bubble there. Anyone ring the IPS today

Hi,
    You're wellcum is generally good with info...But it is all down to budgets etc, So I'll not hold breath yet, But I do think we'll all eating mushrooms in portlaoise soon..

pd0085, I'd be inclined to agree with Loozy and say that if another job should come your way, take it...

You're well down the line and with the rate things moving here you might want to broaden your horizon..

Guys things are starting to roll...I got my letter today to make an appointment for an interview for week commencing october 11th.

Gonna start preparing.

Anyone else?

Yes great start to the morning alright wasn't it your wellcum ya must have good insiders, the forms are a bit daunting aren't they but at least its another step closer, i'm set for my interview for the 11th October, does anybody know how many jobs are on offer this time round or is it the same as usual. Good luck to anyone else who got there letter this morning and i'll see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jobhunter09

Lads what numbers were ye after the aptitude test??

I was around the 270 to 280 mark what number are you yourself jobhunter?

Lads what numbers were ye after the aptitude test??

I'm 296 bro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jobhunter09

I got in myself in the first class lads just have a few mates waiting to get the call around the 400 mark. Good look with the interview lads. Its a long process but if you can make it through the rewards are well worth while!!!

Advertisement