Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭glhoran121

how did you email an application form sure there not recruiting or what you on about??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hit_killer

glhoran121 wrote: »
    how did you email an application form sure there not recruiting or what you on about??

They are now, I recieved a letter to inviting me to the next stage of the campaign process and to arrange an interview, which is on the 19th of this month, prior to that I had to fill in and send an application form via email, which I did so the other day, all instructions were given to me on the letter that was sent from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭glhoran121

ok so when you applied by email was this the very first stage also how you apply as its not on public jobs!!!!

glhoran121 wrote: »
    ok so when you applied by email was this the very first stage also how you apply as its not on public jobs!!!!

I initially applied back in 2008 where I completed the aptitude test and I did that in November 2008, the first 240, (on the panel via merit) interviews were processed last February, I came in at around 290 on my aptitude test, its a slow process and I only heard back last Friday to confirm my interview date, so the very first stage is the aptitude, the second stage, which I'm preparing for now, is the interview.

But you are right, there is no new recruitment campaigns since 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

Lads can anyone tell me are they interviewing 1 or 2 batches of 120. I'm in the early 400's and heard a rumour that the second 120 are being interviewed in nov. Wonder will they get through this batch as fast as the last one.

• Advertisement

macroman29 wrote: »
    Lads can anyone tell me are they interviewing 1 or 2 batches of 120. I'm in the early 400's and heard a rumour that the second 120 are being interviewed in nov. Wonder will they get through this batch as fast as the last one.

Not sure bro, from talking to the guy at the ips a few weeks ago I reckon its the next 120 but I wouldn't put money on it...I'd say keep an eye on the post yeah...

macroman29 wrote: »

Just found out its the next 120 there interviewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

The Postman is making his deliveries today!!

My friend got his letter this morning,Roll On Two Weeks!!

Although I have to wait for someone to open the post box to see if I get a letter.....

THE LETTER ARRIVED!!! Start in Two Weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 baldeagle42

im around the 750 mark in the 08 campaign and just saw on the public jobs website that supplementary application forms 1 and 2 have to be submitted by 1st October 2010. I havdnt received anything by post or email since the original letter giving me my placement number (750). Should I have sent the forms in anyway or do they come with the letter calling me for interview.

Thanks.

Is their a class starting in two weeks

LoanShark wrote: »

Although I have to wait for someone to open the post box to see if I get a letter.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congratulations LoanShark. It's been a long time coming and I hope you enjoy your new career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Happy days:):):)
    see you in two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Still no letter . I will assume they still have not got my security clearence . I'm really starting to lose it here . Does anyone know of anything that can be done . Everyone i ring or anything i try i am getting stonewalled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Well done to anyone who got their letters. PM if you have any questions ,I'll try answer them as best I can or get answers for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Keego69

Hi

Does anyone have any idea when the next recruitment campaign is? And i see some people on here that applied in 2008!! Are only getting interviews now so is there any hope for me at all?? Im basically at the bottom of the ladder wanting to become an officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Keego69 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone have any idea when the next recruitment campaign is? And i see some people on here that applied in 2008!! Are only getting interviews now so is there any hope for me at all?? Im basically at the bottom of the ladder wanting to become an officer.

At a rough guess, there probably won't be another recruitment for at least 4-5 years (at a guess!!) They have just cleared the 07 batch this year..
    There is also a lot of guys waiting to get to interview stage from the 08 batch..
    So, basically to answer your question, There is hope,But not a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭po candidate

im around the 750 mark in the 08 campaign and just saw on the public jobs website that supplementary application forms 1 and 2 have to be submitted by 1st October 2010. I havdnt received anything by post or email since the original letter giving me my placement number (750). Should I have sent the forms in anyway or do they come with the letter calling me for interview.

Thanks.
    no not untill ur called for interview, might be worth printing them out and filling them in so when you are called you ain't rushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 salut

Hi ,where exactly are these supplementry application forms on the public jobs website, im 400 on the list and haven't seen them on the web site.Do you think that this ranking number will be called before christmas .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

WELL DONE LOANSHARK :D:D:D:D SO DELIGHTED FOR YOU
    WHERE YOU STARTING TRAINING
    ??

You do the shuttle runs 40 times in 3min 30sec..
    You do 7 sprints in 30 sec
    2 sprints carrying a fire extinguisher in 30 sec or under..
    ( I think the times are correct)

Oh dear - ill keep practising
    im happy at moment ive lost 1 stone in 2 weeks -- :D:D:D:D

can you cradle the fire extinguingsher -- cause i carry my scuba tank which weighs 21kg when full -- ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jason99

Oh dear - ill keep practising
    im happy at moment ive lost 1 stone in 2 weeks -- :D:D:D:D

can you cradle the fire extinguingsher -- cause i carry my scuba tank which weighs 21kg when full -- ??

Well done
    you can carry it whatever way you like,it's not very heavy.
    just practise the 40 shuttle runs

jason99 wrote: »
    Well done
    you can carry it whatever way you like,it's not very heavy.
    just practise the 40 shuttle runs

will do thanks for that info

salut wrote: »
    Hi ,where exactly are these supplementry application forms on the public jobs website, im 400 on the list and haven't seen them on the web site.Do you think that this ranking number will be called before christmas .

Publicjobs.ie/Campaign Updates/In Progress Campaigns/scroll all the way to the bottom/Recruit Prison Officer/Supplementary Application Form.

I reckon you may be getting a letter very soon, the next 120 are being called or have been called for interviews, and there is strong speculation that the following 120 will be contacted before the year is out, sit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lozzy23

anyone know how many there looking for before Christmas how did people get on in their interview's? has a class just started or when is it due to start?

lozzy23 wrote: »
    anyone know how many there looking for before Christmas how did people get on in their interview's? has a class just started or when is it due to start?

hi lozzey some of the interviews are starting from the 18th of oct -- so will let you know how we get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

How is everybody finding the stage preperations?

I think they're kinda easy, and the bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

How is everybody finding the stage preperations?

I think they're kinda easy, and the bothers me.

Write down what you think is your best example of fullfillling the competencies and have another example in your head if they ask you.

I know some have interviews today and I wish you all the best of luck, I have mine tomorrow. Say a prayer for me yeah :)

Wish you all the best of luck with your interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭cob655

best of luck to all who have had/are having their interviews,I have mine on wednesday.I tired contacting the public appointments office again today to make sure i have the right time (i know you have to be there for 8.30 anyway) and to make sure they recived my app form.
    I had another question maybe someone here will be able to help me with,does anyone know if there is any parking facilitys in the area or close to the Public appiontments office as i was thinking of driving to it.

thanks for your help.
    also if anyone has any hints or tips for stage 2 please let me know.

Advertisement