Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 poshea69

Got news that i also got through today and am now a little worried about the salary structure. just wondering if anyone can tell me the rates of pay for trainees and then after the 3 year training period?

Also, can does anyone know how long we can expect to wait to actually be called up for training to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hit_killer

Thanks guys

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Infraction issued.

No further comment on this post please.

Thanks.

480905 wrote: »
    I got a Snotty PM from a mod in regards to advertising a particular service on this thread in regards to interview training so if anybody wants to know the company that the Prison Service actually uses for their In-House Promotion training and who also does preparation courses for Interviews PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I recieved my letter today telling me that I passed the interview stage.

Frankly, I am shocked.
    I thought I did really poorly in the interview.

Have to admit though, I'm a little peeved about the notice I've been given to return my security check form. I recieved my letter yesterday 5th and have to have it returned by the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lozzy23

there must be a good lot called back so anyone hear of anyone that didn't get in hope the garda clearance doesn't take to long now, sending mine in now heard it can take up to 8 months anyone any idea? maybe it'll be quicker now that there shouldn't be as many requiring it. congrats to everyone anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

I think everyone passed, it just depends on where you're placed. I know a few lads who did the interview and everyone said they got a letter saying they passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pmcb_aura

Just got my letter to attend for interview in 2 weeks. any tips welcome. such a long wait i thought i wound never get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

lozzy23 wrote: »
    there must be a good lot called back so anyone hear of anyone that didn't get in hope the garda clearance doesn't take to long now, sending mine in now heard it can take up to 8 months anyone any idea? maybe it'll be quicker now that there shouldn't be as many requiring it. congrats to everyone anyway

It can take up to 2 years man no bull**** its the clearance that will hold everyone up. I know of at least 25 people from 07 campaign with clearance taking a year and half. if you have any type of record, conviction, even driving with no nct be prepared for a long wait. basically if you've been in court and fined or convicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

after a bad day at a funeral mass, for my cousin :(:(:(-- i came home and got great news -- :D:D

passed interview stage - which i thought i had failed really bad -- as i stuttered and coughed my way through it --- got placed 66th --- so chuffed lots higher than the last time ---

now have to get the funeral out of the way tomorrow and then down to filling out all the forms and get them priority post out on monday morning

my cousin and my dad are looking down on me --- :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tommy57 wrote: »
    It can take up to 2 years man no bull**** its the clearance that will hold everyone up. I know of at least 25 people from 07 campaign with clearance taking a year and half. if you have any type of record, conviction, even driving with no nct be prepared for a long wait. basically if you've been in court and fined or convicted.

fingers crossed it dosent take that long ---- i have none of the above quoted in the list x ive been a verry good girl :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

pmcb_aura wrote: »
    Just got my letter to attend for interview in 2 weeks. any tips welcome. such a long wait i thought i wound never get called.

@ pmcb --- when did you apply - i applied in 2007 and only just passed interview stage

I think everyone passed, it just depends on where you're placed. I know a few lads who did the interview and everyone said they got a letter saying they passed.

@ royal seahawk - where did you place ??

lozzy23 wrote: »

@ lozzy -- where did you place ?? i got 66th

I recieved my letter today telling me that I passed the interview stage.

Frankly, I am shocked.
    I thought I did really poorly in the interview.

Have to admit though, I'm a little peeved about the notice I've been given to return my security check form. I recieved my letter yesterday 5th and have to have it returned by the 9th.

yesterday was the 4th --- i only got home at 10pm and my letter was here --- i have to fill it all out and get it back by tuesday morning

So if you had, say, a public order offence from ten years ago ago and paid a small fine to charity it doesn't rule you out of becoming a prison officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

It shouldn't. If you got asked to make a charitable donation your probably got probation, which means you don't have a conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pmcb_aura

I applied in 2008 it just feels like ages. thats crazy if you applied in 2007.

pmcb_aura wrote: »
    I applied in 2008 it just feels like ages. thats crazy if you applied in 2007.

yeah its mad - but hey were a step closer now

I don't want to be worrying people but the clearance is a nightmare if you have any type of discrepancy. its brutal even immediate family will effect you i,m talking from experience. but good luck to everyone who passed interview you all deserve to get in because its a tough interview.

I don't want to be worrying people but the clearance is a nightmare if you have any type of discrepancy. its brutal even immediate family will effect you i,m talking from experience. but good luck to everyone who passed interview you all deserve to get in because its a tough interview.

How do you mean it's a nightmare? If you have a conviction or a discrepancy what exactly happens if they don't reject you straight away?

• Advertisement

How do you mean it's a nightmare? If you have a conviction or a discrepancy what exactly happens if they don't reject you straight away?

your not rejected it just means if you finish 3rd overall after interview and someone say finish's 25 if they have a clear security clearance and you don't they'll be called before you.

And what if we've never been fined, convicted or in court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

Hi all,

Im looking for a bit of help. Could someone tell me how to go about applying to become a prison officer. I know theres a long wait and what not but could someone share the details with me. Do I have to wait until they start recuitment again or whats the story? Thanks for the help in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ebear24

Hi tommy, I have no record or any convictions, my family dont either like drink driving years ago but that is it.. would it still take 2years for it? Also are you still not called for PCT until garda clearance is back??

ebear24 wrote: »
    Hi tommy, I have no record or any convictions, my family dont either like drink driving years ago but that is it.. would it still take 2years for it? Also are you still not called for PCT until garda clearance is back??

they called people in june/july with no clearance for pct but i believe some of that group are still waiting to be cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ebear24

Thanks Tommy :)

Does anybody know if the medical is particularly invasive?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 salut

Hi all ,is anybody having difficultly in sending off the form.I filled it in and didn't know how to send it .ie there is no submit button to press.How exactly do you it send once the form is opened.Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭cob655

hi all,i got my letter to say i was placed in the top 30 from the stage 2,great news as i didnt think i did as well as that!
    how many were called to stage 2 this time and also what size are each of the the class groups?
    I play Gaelic footie so would see my self as fit enough but i also smoke,is the physical test hard or what do most people make of it?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭cob655

salut wrote: »
    Hi all ,is anybody having difficultly in sending off the form.I filled it in and didn't know how to send it .ie there is no submit button to press.How exactly do you it send once the form is opened.Thanks

is that for stage 2??
    after opening you can either print the pages and then fill it out in pen.or type it then save it and email it to the email provided.but note that one page will have to be printed,then signed then scanned back onto your computer if that is the way you want to do it.

Advertisement